Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

You will be in our hearts forever Deedee Megadoodoo

I'll be honest and say I have no idea how to pronounce Deirdre, but it's probably something I would have asked or looked up beforehand.

e: Deidre in this case, apparently
Deirdre is pronounced "Dear-dreh" or "Dear-drah" depending on where you come from in Ireland. You may also hear it pronounced "Dear-dree" by cretins, idiots, and Englishmen. But I repeat myself. In their defence it takes an American to come up with a monstrosity like "Deidre".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cacafuego posted:

Watch Ronin for a proper pronunciation. In fact, just watch Ronin for the car chases.

However, you should not watch Ronin if you want the proper pronunciation of "Hereford".

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Wheat Loaf posted:

However, you should not watch Ronin if you want the proper pronunciation of "Hereford".

That sounds a lot like you're recommending against watching Ronin, and that's pretty hosed up. Also, the post you quoted has a lot of unnecessary words after "Watch Ronin."

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Jan 3, 2019

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The new Byron "Low Tax" Looper?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phlegmish posted:

You will be in our hearts forever Deedee Megadoodoo

I'll be honest and say I have no idea how to pronounce Deirdre, but it's probably something I would have asked or looked up beforehand.

e: Deidre in this case, apparently

Her nickname was actually Dee Dee according to other articles

The last name was still pretty wrong

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Cock-it man

:allears:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8116475/astronaut-calls-911-space-nasa-security/

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Good?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

Deirdre is pronounced "Dear-dreh" or "Dear-drah" depending on where you come from in Ireland. You may also hear it pronounced "Dear-dree" by cretins, idiots, and Englishmen. But I repeat myself. In their defence it takes an American to come up with a monstrosity like "Deidre".

That's good to know. I'd just finished reading a science fiction novel about horny Irish-American space pilgrims featuring a character named Deirdre, and was wondering how to pronounce it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

That's good to know. I'd just finished reading a science fiction novel about horny Irish-American space pilgrims featuring a character named Deirdre, and was wondering how to pronounce it.

Someone who knew drat well it was Irish still insisted that her name be pronounced dee-drah. To be contrarian I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7JxlX6tbeg

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1081363154305716224

"possible" 🤔

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

A Person of Interest was last spotted driving a car with the text Pussy Wagon on the side.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Double Punctuation posted:

A Person of Interest was last spotted driving a car with the text Pussy Wagon on the side.

"My name is Buck and I'm here to gently caress."

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This as canon as jizz music in Star Wars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

This as canon as jizz music in Star Wars.

Hey now, that's original trilogy canon.

I need to find that frontpage article about the Star Wars music critic. I think it's the same series as the holodeck repair guy.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

That almost seems better and more convenient than a system of mechanical tubes though...?

Personally I'd just take the idea of a private space to poo poo and combine it with magicing my poo away after.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

That almost seems better and more convenient than a system of mechanical tubes though...?

Personally I'd just take the idea of a private space to poo poo and combine it with magicing my poo away after.

At that point why not magic it away the moment it comes out? Some sort of magical diaper that teleports all excretions straight to the midden honestly seems more practical than plumbing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jojoinnit posted:

According to a star trek book I read star trek toilets have reverse replicators in them that turn your poop into someone's future early grey tea, hot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/carlzimmer/status/1081570375471906818

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

How the gently caress do you not realize someone in your care is pregnant? Seems like an abortion would have been a pretty good consideration.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Scathach posted:

How the gently caress do you not realize someone in your care is pregnant? Seems like an abortion would have been a pretty good consideration.

I'm guessing pregnancy tests are not part of the routine for comatose patients. It's also not like she can walk around gorging on ice cream, so I doubt she suddenly got real fat. All things considered, I feel like "she's pregnant" would be sooooo far down the list of things you'd suspect about a person in a fourteen-year coma that you'd overlook a lot of suspicious poo poo.

I don't want to think about it too much, though, because that story is loving GROSS. When they catch they guy who did this, they should probably just kill him and call it a day.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
this is my actual literal recurring nightmare

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

E you know what this is too nasty to think on, nevermind

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Was Donald Trump in Phoenix last March?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I'm guessing pregnancy tests are not part of the routine for comatose patients. It's also not like she can walk around gorging on ice cream, so I doubt she suddenly got real fat. All things considered, I feel like "she's pregnant" would be sooooo far down the list of things you'd suspect about a person in a fourteen-year coma that you'd overlook a lot of suspicious poo poo.

I don't want to think about it too much, though, because that story is loving GROSS. When they catch they guy who did this, they should probably just kill him and call it a day.

My suspicion would be that the staff knew drat well and tried to cover up the whole thing until someone blew the whistle.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Cythereal posted:

My suspicion would be that the staff knew drat well and tried to cover up the whole thing until someone blew the whistle.

Well someone on staff almost certainly knows. Whether the entire staff knows isn't something we have enough information to determine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This kind of thing is probably depressingly more common than you'd think. Also, it was a plot point in The Sandman.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Belle and Sebastian accidentally leave drummer in pyjamas in Walmart
Rabbits that don’t eat their own faeces are small and weak
Now We Have to Worry About Monkey Herpes on Top of Everything Else

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That middle one is being said by a buff rabbit to a puny rabbit.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Krankenstyle posted:

That middle one is being said by a buff Chad rabbit to a puny Virgin Incel rabbit.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Robert Houston was arrested Thursday after he allegedly attacked his father with a pizza upon finding out his old man helped deliver him at birth, WFLA reported.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-finds-out-his-dad-helped-deliver-him-at-birth-throws-pizza-at-him-police-say

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Robert Houston was arrested Thursday after he allegedly attacked his father with a pizza upon finding out his old man helped deliver him at birth, WFLA reported.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-finds-out-his-dad-helped-deliver-him-at-birth-throws-pizza-at-him-police-say

Oh, Florida Man. :allears:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

How is this news? I thought it was a well-known thing that they have to digest their food twice.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

To save you the trouble:

quote:

It’s unclear why the information caused him to attack his father.

:nallears:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He wasn't a properly licensed midwife

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He was mad that his father looked at his mothers hoo-hah

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AnnaDerbyshire/status/1081454786376073216

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I tap 3 earth cards to reshuffle the graveyard pile.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We already got the most 2019 headline of 2019 and it's only January 7th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:yeshaha: