Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Speaking of moon path, is it worth grabbing? It seems pretty cool but I've heard a lot of complaints that it corrupts save files or something. Sounds spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
From everything I have heard, Moonpath is one of those neat historical curiosities in that it was very impressive for its time but hasn't aged well.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

DuchessOfKvetch posted:

Combine that with a mod that adds more difficult/high level enemies.

Would this one be okay for that? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3231/
Or OBIS? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4145

I also removed Immersive Citizens at the suggestion of this thread. On the surface it seemed like it could be so incompatible with so many mods.

Node fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 5, 2019

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

who even needs skyrim

Didn't think taking screenshots would pick up the Discord overlay, but ah well. Graphics are Oblivion Reloaded + Simple ENB.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

The Bee posted:

Oh, really? I know the guide said Legacy was feature creeped to hell and back and way messier than it needs to be. Did it get fixed, or is SE just better at handling its bulk?

Yeah back in the oldrim days it slowed things down to where it was neat, but really not something you'd have on to play with. In SSE it's silky smooth and full of neat poo poo to collect, and then allow to collect dust. But in a cool way... on a wall.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I never really got the slowdowns other people talk about with Legacy but I'm glad it sounds like it's even more stable in SE.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FutonForensic posted:

who even needs skyrim

Didn't think taking screenshots would pick up the Discord overlay, but ah well. Graphics are Oblivion Reloaded + Simple ENB.

Holy poo poo. I was just thinking at some point I should dust off a modding guide for Oblivion. I only ever played it on the 360 and I got like ten hours in and dropped it like a rock because I leveled up some non-combat skills and started getting destroyed by random enemies every time I veered off a road.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Prokhor posted:

Yeah back in the oldrim days it slowed things down to where it was neat, but really not something you'd have on to play with. In SSE it's silky smooth and full of neat poo poo to collect, and then allow to collect dust. But in a cool way... on a wall.

That sounds kickass! Thank you for the reccommendation.

Speaking of scholarly pursuits for the Dragonborn, which alternate spell creation mod is better? Spell Crafting, or Spell Research? I can't tell if they're compatible or not, but both seem rad.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Lum_ posted:

Looks like EnaiSiaon is almost done with Wintersun (the religion overhaul to end all religion overhauls) just in time for a playthrough...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/23657566

This looks good as hell, except for one extremely pressing question: Where the gently caress are my Tribunal, St. Veloth, Nerevarine, and Traditional Dunmer Ancestor Worship?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

This looks good as hell, except for one extremely pressing question: Where the gently caress are my Tribunal, St. Veloth, Nerevarine, and Traditional Dunmer Ancestor Worship?
for the love of god don't ask him, he'll have a depression spiral where he says there's another mod that adds a St Veloth shrine and it's better than anything he could ever make and he should just go away and die and nobody will miss him

he's a dramatic fellow, but in an uh... unusual sense, as modders go

Iverron
May 13, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo. I was just thinking at some point I should dust off a modding guide for Oblivion. I only ever played it on the 360 and I got like ten hours in and dropped it like a rock because I leveled up some non-combat skills and started getting destroyed by random enemies every time I veered off a road.

I did this a few weeks ago and regretted the time spent on it. Oblivion is a hard game to love.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Are there any mods that let you dismiss a housecarl? I was gifted one, but I really prefer to not have some lady in clunky armor wandering around my house. Murdering them seems like going too far - I just want them to go back to whatever they were doing before I was made a Thane.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Did anyone ever mod Oblivion into the jungles with ziggurats it was supposed to be? Because I'd play that version of it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Okay so I'm about to pull the trigger and start installing poo poo for Skyrim SE. If anyone sees any red flags pretty please let me know.

Tools:
MO2
SSEEdit for merged patches
Wyre Bash for bashed patches
LOOT
SSELODGen (is this necessary?)

Mods:
Skyrim 2017 Textures by Pfuscher
A Quality World Map
Achievements Mod Enabler
Book Covers SSE
Cutting Room Floor
Detailed Rugs
Enhanced Blood
Footprints
Immersive Armor
Immersive Weapons
No NPC Greetings, limited distance
Real Roads for Skyrim
Realistic Water Two
Relationship Dialog Overhaul
Ruins Clutter Improved
Rustic Clothing
Skse64
SkyUI5
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Static Mesh Improvements
Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch

I got rid of Immersive Citizens since its supposed to be incompatible with way too many mods. I tried looking for some mod that adds higher level enemies but the only one I found was this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3231 which, judging from the comments, seems like it isn't really balanced and you'll find yourself getting one shotted out of no where.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Oblivion XP is a good mod if you want to avoid that, as it lets you choose what abilities you want to upgrade whenever you level.

Fuzz posted:

Did anyone ever mod Oblivion into the jungles with ziggurats it was supposed to be? Because I'd play that version of it.

No ziggurats unfortunately, though this replaces the forests with jungle. Looks ugly imo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

potaties posted:

Are there any mods that let you dismiss a housecarl? I was gifted one, but I really prefer to not have some lady in clunky armor wandering around my house. Murdering them seems like going too far - I just want them to go back to whatever they were doing before I was made a Thane.

My Home Is Your Home.

It lets you assign anywhere in Skyrim as your follower’s “home” so that when you dismiss them, they return to that spot instead of their original or current home point. So just take your housecarl for a little joy ride and say take them to their jarl’s home or just in the middle of the woods and through a few simple dialog clicks you can deposit them wherever and they’ll stay there. Then when you go back to your house, it’ll be nice and empty again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've never played enough Skyrim to end up with a home + multiple followers but uh, what happens then? Do you just accumulate a collection of followers who hang out together in your house? I got and dismissed Faendral before I had a home and he just went right back to his woodpile.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I've never played enough Skyrim to end up with a home + multiple followers but uh, what happens then? Do you just accumulate a collection of followers who hang out together in your house? I got and dismissed Faendral before I had a home and he just went right back to his woodpile.

I don’t really know, to be honest. I think housecarls go back to homes in their hold of origin—Lydia goes back to Breezehome in Whiterun, for example, if you dismiss her. But I’ve played the game with mods for so long that I don’t really even know how vanilla Skyrim treats followers.

This is why I liked using MHIYH and Helgen Reborn in tandem, because at the end of the quest line you functionally have an entire town that’s yours that you can plot your followers into with MHIYH to mill about it when they’re not out there with you.

DuchessOfKvetch
Dec 20, 2018
MHIYH and some of the other follower tweak mods don't work well with custom followers, from what I've gathered.

Speaking of custom followers (Inigo, Lucien, etc) that have their own AI for where they live/horse riding/clothing etc. The author use their own scripts, and there's no an easy way to make them compatible with the generic follower logic overhauls. IMHO the custom followers are a heck of a lot more fun too.

If you want that harem of big titty anime girls or a bunch of orphaned kids (the loli-looking child mods are SUPER CREEPY in this regard), you have the opposite scenario though, you prob want to avoid custom followers and stick to Immersive Awesome Follower Tweaks and MHIYM.

DuchessOfKvetch fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 6, 2019

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

nine-gear crow posted:

My Home Is Your Home.

It lets you assign anywhere in Skyrim as your follower’s “home” so that when you dismiss them, they return to that spot instead of their original or current home point. So just take your housecarl for a little joy ride and say take them to their jarl’s home or just in the middle of the woods and through a few simple dialog clicks you can deposit them wherever and they’ll stay there. Then when you go back to your house, it’ll be nice and empty again.

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I have been doing the Helgen Reborn quest for the first time so I might even use that as a "companion hub" like you suggested, once I actually get anything done in it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Fuzz posted:

Cyrodil has always not been jungled ever since Talos towered it that way.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

FutonForensic posted:

No ziggurats unfortunately, though this replaces the forests with jungle. Looks ugly imo.

I've used it, it's super ugly in motion imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not sure if this was linked already but the translator of Vigilant did an in-depth explanation of its story and lore and it's v interesting - some of this (Jyggalag's involvement, whether the bard was or mantled Molag Bal etc) definitely didn't come across to me and I'm not sure if it was me or the mod

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/a961hn/so_what_exactly_is_the_plot_to_the_vigilant_mod/echbyfb?utm_source=reddit-android

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

FutonForensic posted:

who even needs skyrim

Holy poo poo, what do your characters look like? The city and scenery look beautiful and I haven't played Obliv in about 5-7 years.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Oblivion is so trash to where I can't even have nostalgia for it since the garbage overrides what I should have, and I have played so much Oblivion you don't even know.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oblivion has such a beautiful soundtrack though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk

Also, I didn't realize til recently that the Sovngard Chant is a remix of that song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Holy poo poo, what do your characters look like? The city and scenery look beautiful and I haven't played Obliv in about 5-7 years.

For anyone who still feels like living in 2006, OCO is a must-have

Before:

After:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

FutonForensic posted:

For anyone who still feels like living in 2006, OCO is a must-have

Before:

After:

Not horrible, much better than I remember from my own modding back then :D

Time to find my CD-ROMs

KakerMix posted:

Oblivion is so trash to where I can't even have nostalgia for it since the garbage overrides what I should have, and I have played so much Oblivion you don't even know.

Lucien Lachance though (and a freaking key to cast which doesn't need you to remove your melee weapon as you do).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

for the love of god don't ask him, he'll have a depression spiral where he says there's another mod that adds a St Veloth shrine and it's better than anything he could ever make and he should just go away and die and nobody will miss him

he's a dramatic fellow, but in an uh... unusual sense, as modders go

Ahaha well that's different from the usual modder drama at least.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

I don't know about the others but he mentioned not including the Tribunal because they're dead and he considers it not lore friendly in an old feedback thread on his subreddit.

He's started a new one there for the current beta if anyone's interested. https://www.reddit.com/r/EnaiRim/

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Catastrophics posted:

I don't know about the others but he mentioned not including the Tribunal because they're dead and he considers it not lore friendly in an old feedback thread on his subreddit.

He's started a new one there for the current beta if anyone's interested. https://www.reddit.com/r/EnaiRim/

Has he mentioned anything about adding Mannimarco?

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Pylons posted:

Not as far as I know, sorry.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Becoming a Mannimarco worshipper in honour of a stupid weirdo who lived in a cave 200 years ago, saw an intruder, tried to cast a fireball, tripped into a puddle and drowned

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I just noticed that there's no ASIS for the Special Edition. Is it possible to get spell and perk mods onto enemies anymore, or not really?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Uh, I think I may have been doing something wrong this whole time and wanted to double check:

I was going over the tuco guide again just to refresh myself on some of the beginner things, and I read the wryebash stuff a little more closely, and it says after you rebuild the bashed patch, you DO NOT need to reenable all your plugins, because the disabled ones are in the bashed patch. I've been enabling all plugins every single time after I rebuild the patch, is that potentially going to cause problems or is it just like, hey, you don't have to do this but doing it isn't hurting anything either?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Becoming a Mannimarco worshipper in honour of a stupid weirdo who lived in a cave 200 years ago, saw an intruder, tried to cast a fireball, tripped into a puddle and drowned

If you think about it, 90% of the population of Tamriel worships this guy, or at least emulates his lifestyle

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Pylons posted:

If you want Worm Cult stuff, do Undeath.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6180

You'll have 99 problems but a lich ain't one because you are the lich and you make problems for other people you see

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Oh yeah I should probably make a bashed patch fory 150+ mods shouldn't I?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
gently caress you guys for making me look into Oblivion modding, since I never actually beat that game back in the day. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DrNutt posted:

Apparently the best time to get into an Elder Scrolls game around ten years post-release.

these are pretty nice!

if you want to hide the HUD, there's probably a mod for it but I just use the console. open console, tm, screenshot, tm, close console

bonus if you use tfc and fov commands to properly handle close up subjects/frame shots :v: