Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

drat 10k in 40 minutes is fast.

currently my old, round dad is faster than me and I'm still trying to beat his 31 minute 5k...
my breath holds up but my legs cannae take it, every time one problem goes away another comes along

thinking of doing an 8k tonight though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

the only 10k I wanna see this year is the DJIA

Impossible, the number only goes up.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

This is gonna be the year of the sub 40 10k I feel it

nice, drat :hfive:

Oops, edit, I guess, for ... content?: i've topped out at a 21 minute 5k and my last 10k was 43 or 44 minutes. I'll have to try harder :sun:

juche avocado has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Jan 3, 2019

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Today I lift after slacking off over the holidays. Then Friday I start couch to 5k back up. Hopefully don't bite it running in snow.

Bar is gonna be a bit cold sitting in uninsulated garage. But squats will be nice.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

i slacked off for six months but now the days are getting longer so i can emerge from hibernation and lift a weight again

what do you people do to get yourself to work out after a full day at work? im almost out of coca tea so my usual standby is no longer an option

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tastykake posted:

i slacked off for six months but now the days are getting longer so i can emerge from hibernation and lift a weight again

what do you people do to get yourself to work out after a full day at work? im almost out of coca tea so my usual standby is no longer an option

I either work out the morning before or grab a quick spoonful of peanut butter for energy if I’m really fading before an evening workout. As has been addressed before though, I’m abnormal regarding calories and exercise.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

take a 3 hour lunch and lift then. i dont like waiting until after an entire work day

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

going to eat a peruvian chicken but since it’s the new year i will eat steamed veggies instead of fried plantains

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

My schedule is insanely flexible currently so I just gym sometime early afternoon. It's a ghosttown at my gym post lunch but pre evening.

My current gym is kinda small, and while it has everything, it only has 1 of most everything.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Tastykake posted:

Get into a habit so I feel really restless if I don't do either strength or cardio on any given day. The jitters get me into the gym.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Tastykake posted:

I just do it as soon as I get home. Part of the routine. If I start futzing around with anything else it won't happen. Change into shorts and a t-shirt, lift/run, then I'm actually "home from work" and can have dinner, open a book, start a movie, etc.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tastykake posted:

Have a snack in the afternoon, go to something scheduled or get someone to meet with you so the desire to not leave them hanging motivates you to go.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

This is gonna be the year of the sub 40 10k I feel it

I plan to get in shape to run a sub-40 10K then not do it because gently caress that distance so much

I'll just run a sub-19 5K and a 1:28 half and call it won

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

net work error posted:

Impossible, the number only goes up.

______/
Me, after weird bad day at gym lifting weights

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

jarofpiss posted:

take a 3 hour lunch and lift then. i dont like waiting until after an entire work day

im only supposed to take a half hour and i already always take an hour i dont think i could get away with this

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Tastykake posted:

im only supposed to take a half hour and i already always take an hour i dont think i could get away with this

you just gotta get stronger than your boss

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im trying a percentage based program with an amrap set while i take it easy on my shoulder right now

my working sets for bench were at 155lbs 3x5 and my amrap set i hit 18 reps on. idk if this is gonna get me stronger or not because that seems too light to work

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

jarofpiss posted:

my PI is p jacked this might take a while

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tastykake posted:

my PI is p jacked this might take a while

No one boss is as strong as all of us.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

opening chapter to 2019 is titled “too fat for my weight belt”

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

opening chapter to 2019 is titled “too fat for my weight belt”

C-SPAM: Shut the gently caress up liberal > CSPAM Fitness: too fat for my weight belt

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

My wifes old boss is a former womens benchpress world record holder. She was cool as hell though and I got to go shooting with her a few times.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

too sore from deadlifts on tues and bench yesterday to have a decent squat session so today is arm day

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Kazak_Hstan posted:

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

*Pounding table* SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS!!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
People at the climbing gym asked me for lifting tips today. Come to me, you slender climbing children. I will teach you the secrets of lifting, yoga and bouldering all in the same day to become a kind of superhero.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Crakkerjakk posted:

*Pounding table* SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Kazak_Hstan posted:

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

and orks

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Kazak_Hstan posted:

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

left hip is still hosed buit i did them anyway. i figure if i wind up in a wheelchair at least i dont have to do them anymore.

pre workout meal was a shake and 1/2 cup oatmeal
post workout was a shake and 3/4 cup of oatmeal
life is suffering

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

at this point my primary motivation to regularly go to the gym is the consumption of the fiber i put in my yummy post-workout ~protein thing~

love2have good 2

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
my primary motivation is to prepare myself for hellscape world2039 :jihad::tinfoil::bernin:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

maker posted:

my primary motivation is to prepare myself for hellscape world2039 :jihad::tinfoil::bernin:

Bernie will need your energy, train now to have plenty to give him.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Make sure to nofap too so all your JO crystals are fully charged

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Make sure to nofap too so all your JO crystals are fully charged

thats not how the crystal works, you can only charge it by jackin it with your buds!!!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Tastykake posted:

thats not how the crystal works, you can only charge it by jackin it with your buds!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuck! I'm definitely gonna die come the apocalypse now

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hentai Jihadist posted:

come apocalypse now

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Kazak_Hstan posted:

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS
Friday night SQUATS

doing heavy squats more in 2019 to develop thick af haunches to kick and stomp on nazis in 2020

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
how tf am i supposed to consume 190g of protein per day ethically under capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Helianthus Annuus posted:

how tf am i supposed to consume 190g of protein per day ethically under capitalism

Eat the rich, duh.