Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WELCOME TO THE C-SPAM FITNESS THREAD

Please take a moment to appreciate our patron saint of the deathlift, Don "Bif" Trump "gormless moron" Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJ5s_0mylg

Why does this thread exist, you ask, when YLLS is pretty comprehensive? Well it's because we're all alcoholic shut ins who are afraid of the big hunks of sweaty muscle over there.

So, why get fit? Well, we've got 22 years until the world turns into a Mad Max wasteland, and if you can't run a mile and don't have the raw strength required to toss around some spike-covered dune buggies, well it's not lookin' good for you.

Other benefits include:

1) it feels really cool to be able to haul a bunch of weight around
2) your goony rear end clothes will look better despite the fact that you're pathologically incapable of shopping for good looking clothes
3) you will not fail your comrades in their time of need due to physical inability, but rather probably morally or ideologically instead
4) you can lord your numbers over weirdo alt-right WESTERN MASCULINITY dudes, especially if ur a lady

Speaking of, and one of the things I hope to inspire most of all because of this thread, weight training is extremely good for women. You will not look like a freak, you'll look like Jessica Alba. You'll not only see fewer risks of osteoporosis as you get older, but you'll be more confident, look better, and most importantly of all, you'll be able to eat like a pig instead of sparingly.

SO, HOW ABOUT MAYBE SHUT THE gently caress UP AND TELL ME WHERE TO START

Me, personally, I'm a powerlifter. I like moving stuff around, and my cardio generally consists of HIIT (high intensity interval training - think wind sprints) when I do it at all. I can advise on this subject endlessly, and more importantly this place can be a space where you can post videos of yourself doing lifts so experienced lifters can give you tips on form.

Good places to start:

Cardio - Couch to 5k, or C25k or Couch25k, is a system that gets you able to do a 5k from being an out of shape loser, multiple systems exist but they are all basically plays on the same system - jog and rest intervals, increasing until you're just straight up jogging

Weight training - the go-to beginners programs are Stronglifts 5x5 and Starting Strength. These are both good, and both center around being friendly to beginners and will absolutely loving annihilate you with squats and deads, because that's what weight training is all about when it comes down to it.

For intermediate programs, I recommend 5/3/1, but we don't need to worry about that just yet.

General tips I can give after doing this crap for years:

1) get a buddy if you can, not only is it good to have a spotter, but they can also do form checks and you keep each other honest
2) there's no such thing as "good" bluetooth headphones for serious working out, accept that you'll have to settle
3) public gyms are better than home gyms unless you're guillotine rich
4) your only competition is yourself from last week, don't bother giving a poo poo about what anybody else is throwing around, because they don't give a poo poo about what you're doing, trust me
5) don't stress out too much about things, it's a hobby that has room for min/maxing but by no means requires it. So long as you're making progress, you're good
6) watch your fuckin diet, make sure you're eating enough food and that it isn't garbage like soylent. Eat veggies, do your own cooking as often as you can. You do not need to eat meat to get swole but it helps.

I'll add more to this as I think of it but I think this covers the basics. If you are an expert in another field of activity and want to write up a manifesto, feel free to and I'll post it in a followup post. This is an open discussion area where you can log your workout progress, ask questions, post videos, whatever. Any negative or harassing comment will be met with the maximum force of the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

People to quote if you have a specific question and want a response from someone who does the sport!

Cadaver_Maclaine posted:

I'm a long-distance runner, personally. I lift two to three times a week because I know it's good for me, but the exercise I actually look forward to, in so far as anyone ever does, is getting out and putting some distance on. Not to be that guy who finds any excuse to bring up his mileage I'll just say I cover a lot of ground on an average week, and can offer some decent-ish advice on running, since so far most discussion in thread is about either diet or weights (which are both also important!).

The main biggest piece of advice I'd give is to not be over-ambitious when you're starting out, particularly if you're overweight, as you don't want to destroy your knees and ankles. In a similar vein, get actually fitted with some goddamn running shoes, not just that which is advertised as such at Dick's.

To make the prospect of cardio that much more tempting, I'll add that I've never found a better way to kill a hangover than at a run of at least five miles.

Lastgirl posted:

50 sit ups 500 bicycles, 30 slow horse stance squats, 30 crickets, 15 crane stomps each leg, 15 sweeping kick each leg, 15 side kicks each leg, 15 round house kicks each leg, 15 front snaps each leg, 15 front stomp each leg, 15 back kicks, 25 round fist each arm, 25 uppercuts each arm, 25 back fist each arm, 25 scraping fist each arm, 25 long range uppercuts variation each arm, 25 straight punch each arm, 25 vertical punch each arm, 25 hammer fist each arm, 25 back fist each arm, 25 overhead side fist each arm

horse, front cross, crane, arch, cat back cross, horse stance, left front cross, left crane, left arch, left cat, left back cross, horse stance.

ditang, rising windmill, front roll, back roll, side rolls 10 each

tan tui 10 lines each, 10 variations

linking shaolin fist, 10 times in line

namaste

Metal Cat posted:

Hello friends, I would like to put in a good word for the ever great sport of Swimming. Swimming is an activity that offers you a lot of benefits, and if you have the time and money to afford something like ~3 practice sessions per week, you'll soon see health improvements from your efforts.

Some of the advantages of swimming include:
- If you have a chronic respiratory condition like bronchitis, swimming can massively improve your situation by increasing your lung capacity and giving you more control over your breathing. I can personally vouch for it, as of all the sports I tried it is the one that helped me the most in that regard.
- Swimming places minimal stress on your joints when compared to an activity like running. Obviously that's probably not gonna be a concern if you don't practice it frequently and intensively, but the fact that you don't have to worry about it as much is always a plus.
- It is a practical skill that remains forever useful, and it doesn't rely much on your youthful strength. You can swim decently well into your elderly years. And it also translates rather nicely into running, so you're kinda covering multiple bases at once.
- You don't have to worry about leaving a stench of sweat on your clothes! Just take a quick shower to wash out the chlorine, get dry and you're ready to go. Bing bong so simple.
- It is a full body exercise, though you should definitely vary your strokes.
- And much more!

Swimming is not necessarily a substitute for other types of physical activities, but you should definitely consider it even if it won't be your central one. If you want to get into swimming, try joining your local athletics/sports club and get to know the courses offered. If you don't know how to swim, don't go jumping mindlessly into the water, you'll have to follow a programme of exercises that will involve you slowly learning balance and coordination before you can actually start practicing strokes.

It's good poo poo folks, go for it.

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Oct 9, 2018

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DcQvVYv.mp4

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Oct 9, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
discipline discipline discipline

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
That's all vitally good info, but if you're a terminal fatass like me, the answer is to eat less

You can't exercise your way out of a lovely diet and that includes booze, switch to weed for your health and fuckin COUNT YOR CALORIES, me personally I still eat junk but by watching my calories and trying not to go over I've lost net 40 pounds in the last year (would be 60 buy I'm not perfect)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Stretching generally has been shown to curb the upper limits of what the human body can do so if you're looking for quick easy gains the most efficient way to train is maxing out both weight and and repetitions at speed. Think of your body as a racecar; you want to shed weight (in this case your clothes, train naked) while limiting drag (hair) and maximizing speed (speed)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

That's all vitally good info, but if you're a terminal fatass like me, the answer is to eat less

You can't exercise your way out of a lovely diet and that includes booze, switch to weed for your health and fuckin COUNT YOR CALORIES, me personally I still eat junk but by watching my calories and trying not to go over I've lost net 40 pounds in the last year (would be 60 buy I'm not perfect)

this is true, I strongly recommend counting calories via an app, you'd be amazed about some of the poo poo you eat. Log EVERYTHING that crosses ur lips

salsa chicken is the go-to for dieting but I'm very partial to italian egg drop soup, which is where you whisk some eggs (or egg whites) up with italian seasonings of whatever type, then slowly pour it into a pan of chicken stock at a rolling boil so that it cooks instantly

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

im 220 lbs and im trying to get down to 205. been doing the following:

- got a membership to a swanky gym in my area, helps going cause the classes are really varied. been doing a poo poo ton of spin classes
- keeping sugar to a minimum
- keep snacking to a minimum
- intermittent fasting when i can (16/8)
- eat lots of veggies
- generally no starches (no rice no bread no crackers etc)
- tracking calories via myfitnesspal (very good btw)

my wife actually just lost a bunch of weight so im tryin to keep up with her. good inspiration to not have a dadbod

good thread will keep up with it thanks

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
yeah i'm into fitness

fitness post in ur thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rocks posted:

- got a membership to a swanky gym in my area, helps going cause the classes are really varied. been doing a poo poo ton of spin classes
- eat lots of veggies

my wife actually just lost a bunch of weight so im tryin to keep up with her. good inspiration to not have a dadbod

ya that about hits all the main things you'll wanna do

eventually I'll post some recipes once I actually turn them into recipes, but despite the fact that I cook a whole lot I actually don't work off a card and just kind of wing it lol

good starches if you're looking to include them are things like LENTILS!!! and split peas

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

this is true, I strongly recommend counting calories via an app, you'd be amazed about some of the poo poo you eat. Log EVERYTHING that crosses ur lips

salsa chicken is the go-to for dieting but I'm very partial to italian egg drop soup, which is where you whisk some eggs (or egg whites) up with italian seasonings of whatever type, then slowly pour it into a pan of chicken stock at a rolling boil so that it cooks instantly

seconded/thirded for counting calories. myfitnesspal is really good. you'd be surprised at what you eat. i used to eat these small sesame seed snaps at work, honestly i'd have like 3-4 cause they were so good. found out they were 200 calories each, honestly like WTF drains more than 50% of my daily intake.

a good tip too is to log BEFORE you eat, especially if you're at a work event or out at a restaurant. sometimes you'll think "oh this'll be fine i'll eat the cobb salad" then only after you eat it you realize it's 1,200 calories. do the small legwork beforehand and it'll save you the anxiety

tracking calories is good too cause you can actually make plan to have a beer or cookie if you want, without any regret

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rocks posted:

seconded/thirded for counting calories. myfitnesspal is really good. you'd be surprised at what you eat. i used to eat these small sesame seed snaps at work, honestly i'd have like 3-4 cause they were so good. found out they were 200 calories each, honestly like WTF drains more than 50% of my daily intake.

a good tip too is to log BEFORE you eat, especially if you're at a work event or out at a restaurant. sometimes you'll think "oh this'll be fine i'll eat the cobb salad" then only after you eat it you realize it's 1,200 calories. do the small legwork beforehand and it'll save you the anxiety

tracking calories is good too cause you can actually make plan to have a beer or cookie if you want, without any regret

if ur tracking and cutting calories, it's probably best to realize early on that you'll wanna switch to spirits or really, really dry wines like malbecs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

get as comfortable as possible with eating chicken if youre not a vegetarian or vegan. chicken is a super good source of protein thats much healthier than other forms of meat that arent from the sea. also, if you do decide to just eat like poo poo for a couple days (holidays, bad week, because gently caress you why not) try to at least be more active. the more active you are, the more calories you can intake and, at least, not fall behind your progress. the biggest impediment i always had was simply not feeling like working out, and i would always try to entice myself by just doing a little bit of an exercise i liked. once you dive in, youre a lot more willing to continue, and then you start feeling better.

also, i cant stress enough, cut out sodas and drink water as much as you can. Ive drank a coke only a handful of times in the past two years, used to drink like 3 a day. this alone has made me feel MASSIVELY better and made my eventual switch to water all the time, much easier.

good things are possible, believe in yourself.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Oh yeah, I was gonna go for a walk

I'll go do that

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

get as comfortable as possible with eating chicken if youre not a vegetarian or vegan. chicken is a super good source of protein thats much healthier than other forms of meat that arent from the sea. also, if you do decide to just eat like poo poo for a couple days (holidays, bad week, because gently caress you why not) try to at least be more active. the more active you are, the more calories you can intake and, at least, not fall behind your progress. the biggest impediment i always had was simply not feeling like working out, and i would always try to entice myself by just doing a little bit of an exercise i liked. once you dive in, youre a lot more willing to continue, and then you start feeling better.

also, i cant stress enough, cut out sodas and drink water as much as you can. Ive drank a coke only a handful of times in the past two years, used to drink like 3 a day. this alone has made me feel MASSIVELY better and made my eventual switch to water all the time, much easier.

good things are possible, believe in yourself.

fish is good too. lots of variety in fish.

a couple other things i've had good results with:
- i'm a big fan of this podcast "phit and phat" https://www.phit-n-phat.com/ - the woman is really good at laying out why you're beating yourself up when you get off track and how to get back on
- similar to above... you WILL go off track. trick is to just not beat yourself up too much and just acknowledge "OK i hosed up but time to move on and reset myself". if you have more good days then bad you'll lose weight, simple

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

walking is a great habit to get into, walking on lunch or to/from work, it burns a fair amount of calories and is good for the health and mind

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

if ur tracking and cutting calories, it's probably best to realize early on that you'll wanna switch to spirits or really, really dry wines like malbecs

glass of ice w/ kirkland vodka, sparkling water and a few olives FTW

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
do any of you nerds use a rowing machine (erg)? i have never understood what a normal or respectable pace is on a rowing machine. sometimes i can't tell if i'm just dicking around or if i'm just in the groove, because on a good day i end up stopping out of boredom rather than getting tired

most of the opinions i see on the topic come from people who give way too much of a poo poo & therefore i will never trust anything they say

please provide some kind of equation that translates manual aquatic metrics into something useful, my invisible boat is dying

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Just wanna thank you for the thread and making it 5 posts (and 2 food posts) to bring up lentils

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Just wanna thank you for the thread and making it 5 posts (and 2 food posts) to bring up lentils

was tempted to put dietary advice in the OP so that it'd be 0 posts but didn't want it to be too long and unwieldy

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I know cooking is the cheapest way to eat well, but if it gets daunting or if you're like me and you enjoy cooking but hate weighing and measuring each component of a recipe there's no shame in packaged meals. Sure they're unhealthy but you can just scan them in and forget about it. Once you get comfortable logging and tracking everything you can correct it and start making and logging your own food. For me though one of the only ways I got it to stick in the beginning was to make it as easy as possible, and for me that was eating frozen meals 3 times a day. That way there was always something ready if I didn't feel like cooking. I've transitioned back to cooking my own food, but I honestly wouldn't have made it this far without prepackaged meals and the convenience they afford.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
50 sit ups 500 bicycles, 30 slow horse stance squats, 30 crickets, 15 crane stomps each leg, 15 sweeping kick each leg, 15 side kicks each leg, 15 round house kicks each leg, 15 front snaps each leg, 15 front stomp each leg, 15 back kicks, 25 round fist each arm, 25 uppercuts each arm, 25 back fist each arm, 25 scraping fist each arm, 25 long range uppercuts variation each arm, 25 straight punch each arm, 25 vertical punch each arm, 25 hammer fist each arm, 25 back fist each arm, 25 overhead side fist each arm

horse, front cross, crane, arch, cat back cross, horse stance, left front cross, left crane, left arch, left cat, left back cross, horse stance.

ditang, rising windmill, front roll, back roll, side rolls 10 each

tan tui 10 lines each, 10 variations

linking shaolin fist, 10 times in line

namaste

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 19:32 on Oct 9, 2018

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

sloppo posted:

do any of you nerds use a rowing machine (erg)? i have never understood what a normal or respectable pace is on a rowing machine. sometimes i can't tell if i'm just dicking around or if i'm just in the groove, because on a good day i end up stopping out of boredom rather than getting tired

most of the opinions i see on the topic come from people who give way too much of a poo poo & therefore i will never trust anything they say

please provide some kind of equation that translates manual aquatic metrics into something useful, my invisible boat is dying

Increase the resistance

Also, the workout programs get into this but it's a really good idea to swap what you're doing every month or so. Your body gets used to workouts after appx 4 weeks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sloppo posted:

they're great for HIIT, because to do it right you've really gotta go HAM which is really possible on a treadmill and stationary bikes don't involve as many muscle groups. If you're getting bored doing them, do Tabata HIIT:

go absolutely insanely balls out for 20 seconds
rest for 10 seconds
repeat 8 times (4 minutes total)

this will utterly and totally annihilate you

don't worry about metrics imho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

I know cooking is the cheapest way to eat well, but if it gets daunting or if you're like me and you enjoy cooking but hate weighing and measuring each component of a recipe there's no shame in packaged meals. Sure they're unhealthy but you can just scan them in and forget about it. Once you get comfortable logging and tracking everything you can correct it and start making and logging your own food. For me though one of the only ways I got it to stick in the beginning was to make it as easy as possible, and for me that was eating frozen meals 3 times a day. That way there was always something ready if I didn't feel like cooking. I've transitioned back to cooking my own food, but I honestly wouldn't have made it this far without prepackaged meals and the convenience they afford.

I've never done any of that, just get a bunch of tasty stuff and a meat and whatever, toss it in the crock pot on low for 8 hours and then enjoys your air freshener that you get to eat

pre-made stuff and takeout can be fine but you've gotta be picky and careful

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

one of my coworkers has lost a ton of weight by eating the same thing for dinner every night - an individual sized frozen chicken pot pie... lmao

i don't know about his salt intake but he says the consistency in meal planning has helped him lots, so there's probably something to it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

my favorite way to not give a poo poo about cooking is a salad.

want beans in it? sure. eggs? yup. chicken? heck yeah! some apples or grapes? yum!

just dump whatever poo poo you got in there, you fill up for a good while and it tastes good. you can also use different dressings, meats, and seasonings to give it a variety of tastes so you don’t get bored of it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rocks posted:

one of my coworkers has lost a ton of weight by eating the same thing for dinner every night - an individual sized frozen chicken pot pie... lmao

i don't know about his salt intake but he says the consistency in meal planning has helped him lots, so there's probably something to it

unless you have sodium related hypertension you probably don't need to worry about sodium intake

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I'm gonna get over being the complete newbie in the powerrack and try this Stronglifts 5x5 program.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Alright, I'm gonna get over being the complete newbie in the powerrack and try this Stronglifts 5x5 program.

:yeshaha:

it's my fav of the starter programs

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

really queer Christmas posted:

my favorite way to not give a poo poo about cooking is a salad.

want beans in it? sure. eggs? yup. chicken? heck yeah! some apples or grapes? yum!

just dump whatever poo poo you got in there, you fill up for a good while and it tastes good. you can also use different dressings, meats, and seasonings to give it a variety of tastes so you don�t get bored of it.

Salads loving suck and I hate them, but if it works for you keep it up

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The biggest barrier I have seen when it comes to getting dudes to start weight lifting is their unrealistic expectations as to what weight lifting is. They either want to look like Arnold by the end of the month or they're like "My buddy Wayne can lift 80 and I'm way more of a man than him so I'll start at 90 and climb up from that really fast to show everyone how bad rear end I am"
Leave your Bruce Lee fantasies at the door and have a humble attitude and a realistic understanding of what you want. The guys that try to impress everyone with their grunting either injure themselves or get burned out in the first few weeks. It's more about the repetition of going to the gym over and over than picking up the really heavy looking dumbbell a few times.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Rocks posted:

- eat lots of veggies

Just wanna add onto these a little bit:

drink water - water fuckin owns, try to get a gallon a day. You can do what I did and get a quart jug for work, but whatever works. This is a really good way to kill snacking, as you'll both be full and eventually replace that "I'm bored, lemme get a snack" with "I'm bored, lemme get some water"

intermittent fasting is good - this just means you only eat 8 hours a day (ex. 12-8). Realistically, it just means you skip breakfast (see above for tips on this)

The little things add up - it's easy to say "I'll just have low fat ice cream" and eat twice as much, that's why they make it. When you're first starting out dieting, my advice is to cut out food items entirely (ex. No ice cream, period). After a couple weeks, you lose the taste for the stuff anyways

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

thirding IF, tho I do a 19/5 because that just works out best for me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

Between May and October I lost 30 pounds just by giving up beer. Would've been more but I switched to vodka. I have 15 to go before I'm at my target but that shouldn't be a problem getting there between my job and all the extra walking and exercising I'm doing.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The biggest barrier I have seen when it comes to getting dudes to start weight lifting is their unrealistic expectations as to what weight lifting is. They either want to look like Arnold by the end of the month or they're like "My buddy Wayne can lift 80 and I'm way more of a man than him so I'll start at 90 and climb up from that really fast to show everyone how bad rear end I am"
Leave your Bruce Lee fantasies at the door and have a humble attitude and a realistic understanding of what you want. The guys that try to impress everyone with their grunting either injure themselves or get burned out in the first few weeks. It's more about the repetition of going to the gym over and over than picking up the really heavy looking dumbbell a few times.

You've got to look at it as a lifestyle change instead of a shonen training regimen. Do 15-30 minutes several times a week, turn it into a habit, and it starts adding up pretty fast.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
I'm a long-distance runner, personally. I lift two to three times a week because I know it's good for me, but the exercise I actually look forward to, in so far as anyone ever does, is getting out and putting some distance on. Not to be that guy who finds any excuse to bring up his mileage I'll just say I cover a lot of ground on an average week, and can offer some decent-ish advice on running, since so far most discussion in thread is about either diet or weights (which are both also important!).

The main biggest piece of advice I'd give is to not be over-ambitious when you're starting out, particularly if you're overweight, as you don't want to destroy your knees and ankles. In a similar vein, get actually fitted with some goddamn running shoes, not just that which is advertised as such at Dick's.

To make the prospect of cardio that much more tempting, I'll add that I've never found a better way to kill a hangover than at a run of at least five miles.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Agronox posted:

discipline discipline discipline

yeah

anyone who says motivation is key doesnt know a goddamn thing because everyone is going to have days or even weeks where they aren't motivated. discipline when you're not motivated is the most important thing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cadaver_Maclaine posted:

adding to 1.2 so people can quote this to ask

also planning on doing this with Pancake's post on climbing once he gets around to it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

quote:

After a couple weeks, you lose the taste for the stuff anyways

Anecdotally this was not the case for me, it's been months since I had a candy bar and I still look at them wistfully when I'm checking out. That doesn't mean you have to give in and just stuff em donlwn your throat though, and in any case you should still log your failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

Anecdotally this was not the case for me, it's been months since I had a candy bar and I still look at them wistfully when I'm checking out. That doesn't mean you have to give in and just stuff em donlwn your throat though, and in any case you should still log your failures.

good compromise here is a really high cacao % dark chocolate bar, which have surprisingly good macros