Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Is rolling for King Hassan worth it for a player on a budget who already has Jack?

On the one hand he looks badass and I like his character, plus he seems to offer better damage output than Jack, but on the other hand she’s already one of the best assassins in the game, and I normally aim for a balance of classes since I don’t have much quartz to throw around (though I usually end up getting spooked anyway).

Also, I guess we’re not getting the Gilgamesh rate-up that Japan got in January 2017? Unless they’ve just delayed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Bakeneko posted:

Also, I guess we’re not getting the Gilgamesh rate-up that Japan got in January 2017? Unless they’ve just delayed it.

They moved it forward, most of the New Years rateups happened at Thanksgiving for NA.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bakeneko posted:

Is rolling for King Hassan worth it for a player on a budget who already has Jack?

On the one hand he looks badass and I like his character, plus he seems to offer better damage output than Jack, but on the other hand she’s already one of the best assassins in the game, and I normally aim for a balance of classes since I don’t have much quartz to throw around (though I usually end up getting spooked anyway).

Jack is better than Hassan, generically. They hit basically the same and Jack has the added bonus of super high NP gain and a bonus damage modifer against a huge part of the enemy pool. Hassan has some added benefits in his instant death and debuff/charm resists but weighing against Jack's overall kit I think you'd be hard pressed to say it overcomes it (not to say there are not situations where you might prefer him, of course). But also...he's cool as feckin heck and I will be trying v. hard to bring him home.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bakeneko posted:

The little knife girl is a disgustingly powerful unit vs females who can generate 50+ stars for her entire team without any help whatsoever and even on JP hasn't been dethroned from being Queen poo poo of Assassin mountain. Gramps is a buster gorilla which means he has that Merlin Synergy which is insanely powerful and has amazing tools for survivability. He'll still be kicking rear end long after Jack gets taken out by an unlucky crit but Jack can just delete women from the enemy lineup.

If you are on a budget, have Jack and have little attachment to the character I would honestly say probably not.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Bakeneko posted:

Personally, if you're on a budget and already have a good single-target Assassin, you're better off saving for someone else. King Hassan is an amazing servant, and he does have a different role than Jack, but if he's not your husbando or something, I think you'd get more out of spreading your pulls over your less represented classes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Me: [chanting] gramps, gramps-

Other patients: gramps, GRAMPS

Secretary: [pounding her clipboard] GRAMPS, GRAMPS, GRAMPS.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Thanks all. I might throw a couple of tickets his way but I won’t empty out my fund just yet. I got Herc yesterday from a ticket on the Kintoki banner so I can’t say I’m lacking buster gorillas anymore.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Bakeneko posted:

If you have leveled up buster-support like Merlin, Shakespeare, or nightingale, then KH will fill a new niche. Otherwise, jack will be strong enough to take over about 99% of the time and you can save for other banners instead.

I’m also on a limited budget, but gramps is my husbando, so I specifically avoided jack on the GSSR banner last week.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you're going for balance strictly for gameplay, you want a gold of another NP type, which you should already have in Shishou unless you missed summer.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have Jack and I'm rolling for Big Evil

But I'm also not really looking forward to any other 2018 debuts as much as him and Musashi. There's decent looking Servants, but my heart only really yearns for the January duo

...still no Musashi...

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 5, 2019

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Tae posted:

If you're going for balance strictly for gameplay, you want a gold of another NP type, which you should already have in Shishou unless you missed summer.

I did miss her, unfortunately. I joined just barely in time to get Chloe which I think was right after that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bakeneko posted:

I did miss her, unfortunately. I joined just barely in time to get Chloe which I think was right after that.

She gets a rerun before the next summer event. And as far as 3 stars, Fuuma's an excellent option.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Saving for Eresh.

I'm sure some of these banners will tempt me once I get to know the characters, but Eresh is the only one on my radar right now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vengarr posted:

Saving for Eresh.

I'm sure some of these banners will tempt me once I get to know the characters, but Eresh is the only one on my radar right now.

This is gonna be a hard year for me.
I swore off buying stones as a new years thing, so all I have are the handful I bought in preparation for the GSSR banners, and the freebie stones/tickets I've managed to rack up since the first Ishtar banner.

But, we have Gramps, MHXA(?), Summer 2, Eresh, and that's just what I know off the top of my head.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I regret nothing.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The next month or so is gonna be the worst part of the year for me because I want both King Hassan and MHXA but Merlin, the GSSR, and a couple New Years 10 rolls pretty much cleaned me out. Unless I luck out in a handful of tickets I've basically resigned myself to saving my King Hassan efforts for his download campaign later in the year and focusing on MHXA for now.

Thankfully, after that CCC/Agartha/Summer 2/Salem 2 are decently spaced out so it's relatively smooth sailing from there.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did this yesterday before the NA-only one got posted and refuse to redo it. Largely what I expected, Cu Alter and Kiyohime actually kind of got lightly hosed due to to some bad matchups

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Oh Snapple! posted:

Did this yesterday before the NA-only one got posted and refuse to redo it. Largely what I expected, Cu Alter and Kiyohime actually kind of got lightly hosed due to to some bad matchups

Be careful. Neither of them will settle for being hosed lightly.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I think cu alter would be relieved, for a change

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i also did it before finding the NA only one

and the HALL OF SHAME

218 Amakusa Shirou
219 Mephistopheles
219 Paracelsus von Hohenheim
219 Illyasviel von Einzbern
222 Fergus Mac Roich
223 Tristan
224 Chloe von Einzbern
225 Scheherazade
226 Emiya (Alter)
227 Edward Teach
227 Gilles de Rais

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All of you who aren't down with the bomb clown don't know what fun is. :colbert:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he has the coolest heroic portrait CE at least

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I will have Nightingale fully ascended soon. Thus arrives the most difficult decision: which ascension art is least ugly?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

go for fully decked out 3rd

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
they are all good cause she is a queen

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

brainwrinkle posted:

I will have Nightingale fully ascended soon. Thus arrives the most difficult decision: which ascension art is least ugly?

Go 4th or Go Home.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

Go 4th or Go Home.

^

She deserves better art - and much fan or even side-art is better - but the 4th is the best we have.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
1477 loving choices later...

Looks about right, actually. Only resorted to using Tie for the top couple choices.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Finally getting around to fully ascending some servants I never use just so I can do their quests for quartz. These half-AP ember quests are nice and I still have over 80 apples to burn through.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Final New years damage: 700 dollars, no 5 star. Lesson learned, never roll on new years.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Finally Grailed Georgios to 80, because he's a cool bro and he deserves a shiny Gold border too.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gawain and Merlin is so dumb together

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

Gawain and Merlin is so dumb together

This sentence is true in multiple ways.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:hai:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what a pervert

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Tae posted:

Final New years damage: 700 dollars, no 5 star. Lesson learned, never roll on new years.

Did you not roll the GSSR, or did you get a servant you don't like?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's all on just one banner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RanKizama posted:

Finally getting around to fully ascending some servants I never use just so I can do their quests for quartz. These half-AP ember quests are nice and I still have over 80 apples to burn through.

Yeah, me too. And I'm finding some are just fun to use. For example I let Ushiwakamaru lie dormant for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Tae absorbed all my bad luck, I guess: