Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:kazooieass:
This poll is closed.
COMFY 90 19.40%
CLASSY 31 6.68%
HORNY 157 33.84%
PEPSI 186 40.09%
Total: 464 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

The Journey Fraternity posted:

One last one before I gotta run to the doc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RedMagus posted:

The past was a good place

:emptyquote:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One hour until we start hearing depressing cancer stories while watching the silly bug kill other bugs.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

RedMagus posted:

The past was a good place

shantae was fine

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

i have a bunch of gdq shirts to wear this week and im going to donate also because gently caress cancer it is very bad. thanks for reading, and god bless

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Rirse posted:

One hour until we start hearing depressing cancer stories while watching the silly bug kill other bugs.

Yeah, the cancer stories really add an interesting color to the runs, but ultimately uplifting.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Rirse posted:

Dono: My entire family died of rear end cancer.

Crowd: HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Tekma
Apr 27, 2006

Hello speedfriends long time watcher first time poster my dad was killed by posting in 2008 but now I'm learning to accept posting and this thread has helped me to overcome my postphobia

greetings from germany

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rirse posted:

You do know that most of us hope ours don't turn out to be depressing stories, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

i'm glad of it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tekma posted:

Hello speedfriends long time watcher first time poster my dad was killed by posting in 2008 but now I'm learning to accept posting and this thread has helped me to overcome my postphobia

greetings from germany

:jpmf:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i thought this was a christian thread

Tekma
Apr 27, 2006

Also literally wearing gdq shirt as I post. Gonna have to get a couple more this year too it seems.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hello spodefronds I am awake and ready for videogames

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

come to the practice room of GDQ in the next 30 minutes if you want an rear end kicking

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

a.lo posted:

i thought this was a christian thread

Yes birdass is totes v. holy

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Actually, to add to what I said before, this is exactly why people who're fighting cancer keep quiet about it, because they think they're going to have to hear about everyones loved ones that've been lost.

Friendly tip: If someone tells you they have cancer, don't loving tell them about whoever you loved that you lost.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

come to the practice room of GDQ in the next 30 minutes if you want an rear end kicking

Did you get to sleep after your snack?

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

quote:

Hi AGDQ I lost my best friend's dad's mistress's cat to cancer five decades ago and I think about it every day. I know this 67 cents isn't much but it's for a good cause. If the runner knows where I can find a new Sugandese cat I'll dono an extra two cents. Kill the animals.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I have obtained a meager amount of sleep and I'm ready to :jpmf:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

So they can't get cancer! :bisonyes:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Vaah posted:

I have obtained a meager amount of sleep and I'm ready to :jpmf:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ravus posted:

Did you get to sleep after your snack?

i had a big ol peanut butter snooze

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Extremely powerful .. u r in my heart and prayers 💓

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

Actually, to add to what I said before, this is exactly why people who're fighting cancer keep quiet about it, because they think they're going to have to hear about everyones loved ones that've been lost.

Friendly tip: If someone tells you they have cancer, don't loving tell them about whoever you loved that you lost.

what about telling them about whoever i loved who successfully beat cancer and is still alive decades later?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Earlier I had the idea that since there's quite a few goons at the event and not everyone knows everyone else, maybe ya'all could cordinate in the info thread where it's more easy to pick up on it?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

i had a big ol peanut butter snooze

:sun:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Waking up an hour before it starts. gently caress yeah.

I'm pumped.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Also speaking of gdq swag I'm reposting this signed 8x10 and pepsiman shirt I got from Mike Butters!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

itskage posted:

Waking up an hour before it starts. gently caress yeah.

I'm pumped.

[x]

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Also speaking of gdq swag I'm reposting this signed 8x10 and pepsiman shirt I got from Mike Butters!

Oops I forgot to post the image

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

loving incredible

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

what about telling them about whoever i loved who successfully beat cancer and is still alive decades later?
loving yes to this, brother. But that's not the stories you hear, despite the fact that in a country like Denmark (which has the highest rate of cancer in the world; ie. we're the best at detection thanks to our universal healthcare), cancer isn't an immediate death sentence, and in fact statistics show that the majority end up surviving all but the rarest forms of cancer.
I'm "working" on being one of the ones who survive a very rare cancer, so I just get frustrated at only ever hearing depressing stories and people thinking that's all cancer is.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

So, AGDQ is only 10 minutes away from my house this year.

Is it worth going to the hotel to gawk even without a registration? Is there any kind goon that can get me in the big room without a badge?

e: is it going to keep being in rockville? That would be amazing honestly

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 6, 2019

Tekma
Apr 27, 2006

genuinely in a good mood because of agdq; haven't been in a while because of being sick

want to see those fast games

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Holy poo poo that's awesome!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013