Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I though they were an illegitimate Kenyan infiltrator and a crooked criminal, now suddenly we should care what they thought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for letting us know what these private citizens think Trump

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

SamBishop posted:

Yo, I just got back from two weeks in Japan and hoooooly poo poo, TSA and customs does not give ANY fucks right now. There's gonna be a major bombing somewhere because our mental child president has to have his spikey sticks.

Dude, TSA has never stopped anything, ever. Well, that's not exactly true - one time they made my wife throw away some toothpaste she was taking to her Slovakian friend.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Oldstench posted:

Dude, TSA has never stopped anything, ever. Well, that's not exactly true - one time they made my wife throw away some toothpaste she was taking to her Slovakian friend.

They stopped me from bringing fully legal duty free liquor onto a plane via transfer. I could fly into the country with it in a bag but gently caress me for trying to get to my transfer point cause NO LIQUIDS OVER whatever amount. They were nice enough to give me the option of going back through security, checking it into luggage somehow, and missing my flight home, thanks assholes.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

AOC will be on 60 minutes tonight, hoping to hear some more great quotes from her

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
"The only reason Democrats don't want my wall is because it's perfect and works"

Imagine being the president, waking up to blast a 4AM dook, and coming up with this thought that you think is totally fine and normal.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When your head looks like a 69

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Scalise needs to grow a pair TBH

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

They stopped me from bringing fully legal duty free liquor onto a plane via transfer. I could fly into the country with it in a bag but gently caress me for trying to get to my transfer point cause NO LIQUIDS OVER whatever amount. They were nice enough to give me the option of going back through security, checking it into luggage somehow, and missing my flight home, thanks assholes.

When you retrieve your luggage at customs you're supposed to put your liquor in the suitcase at that point

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
The longest shutdown in US history was 21 days. Only 6 days to go! You can do it! I believe in Trump.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So I'm morbidly curious. Did Steve Scalise actually get his dick + balls shot off? Because everybody says that, but the :decorum: news sources always say he got shot in the hip.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DanielDenvir/status/1081629652555350017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

communism bitch posted:

So I'm morbidly curious. Did Steve Scalise actually get his dick + balls shot off? Because everybody says that, but the :decorum: news sources always say he got shot in the hip.

I think it was either one or the other, but something got shot off.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

But but but she was DANCING

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1081941026015793152

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lol that's such a creepy facebook post

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
this however

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Archaic posted:

The longest shutdown in US history was 21 days. Only 6 days to go! You can do it! I believe in Trump.

googled a bit about shutdowns and landed on chud-central “the daily caller”

quote:

For liberals to suggest that Trump’s government shutdown is out of the norm is not only factually incorrect, it is pure hypocrisy given that all of the government shutdowns of the prior 20 years have been at the hands of Democratic presidents.

Moreover, anyone surprised that President Trump shut down the government over border security has simply not been paying attention. From the moment he announced his candidacy for president in June 2015, to the moment he overwhelmingly won the presidency in November 2016, to the moment he openly offered during a live-televised cabinet meeting to “sign” any immigration bill brought to his desk in February 2018, he has continuously pledged to secure the border — or else, “Drain the swamp.” It is simply one more campaign promise he has kept to the American people.

from what I recall Obama’s shutdown was for the Obamacare thing which was described as DEATH PANELS FOR OLD PEOPLE by the opposition

Ronald McTrump is building something ACTUALLY useful, a wall! he’s got a big brain!
:discourse:

outy
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

Do you know what those 4,000 people come where they are captured?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

huh, is Fox News turning on Trumps? :captainpop:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

huh, is Fox News turning on Trumps? :captainpop:

I think Wallace is just one of the token 'moderates' they keep around like Shep so they can claim they're balanced.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

I think it was either one or the other, but something got shot off.

Actually some phone footage of the shooting was leaked a few months back, pretty disturbing stuff.

:nws::nms::nms::nws:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think Wallace is just one of the token 'moderates' they keep around like Shep so they can claim they're balanced.

He's definitely not. He's very right wing. But he's their supposedly neutral, reasonable journalist. (he's not)

His deal is to occasionally disagree on some points to prove neutrality then side with the republicans 97% of the time

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

NotWearingPants posted:

He's definitely not. He's very right wing. But he's their supposedly neutral, reasonable journalist. (he's not)

His deal is to occasionally disagree on some points to prove neutrality then side with the republicans 97% of the time

I don't think it's shtick, I think he's a right-wing hack who also has genuine contempt for the sheer level and volume of bullshit that emerges from the White House. Based on who his father is, he probably regards himself as a proper journalist.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

The Archaic posted:

so much winning!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Am I the only one that thinks it would take a short amount of time with an oxy acetaline torch to get through one of those beams on the wall and walk through?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/saletan/status/1081946772145098753

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

yes, thousands of federal employees won't be able to pay their bills, but it'll all be worth it if my White Feelings are protected

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

What was going on between 96-2012? Why no shutdowns

this is probably a big question sorry lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hamtaro posted:

yes, thousands of federal employees won't be able to pay their bills, but it'll all be worth it if my White Feelings are protected

White male feelings have not been honored. This is an outrage!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/1081954524779216898
lmao

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SamBishop posted:

Yo, I just got back from two weeks in Japan and hoooooly poo poo, TSA and customs does not give ANY fucks right now. There's gonna be a major bombing somewhere because our mental child president has to have his spikey sticks.

Yeah I'm flying from Vancouver to Melbourne soon and really glad I didn't choose a stopover in the US or China right now. (Random Canadians are getting arrested in China thanks to the US government, in case that didn't make your news cycle)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
T.runp only taking questions in front of a running helicopter is one of the weirder, annoying small touches in this hell dimension.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1081963174692302848

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well, good enough for me! At first I though this guy might not have any idea what he's doing but after seeing that interview I'm feeling much better!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

hmm yes the born into wealth baby with 400 million inheritance surely can relate to the workers living paycheck to paycheck

“let them eat cake, instead, a bigly cake” he says

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Fallows posted:

What was going on between 96-2012? Why no shutdowns

this is probably a big question sorry lol

from 96-98 the house and senate were too busy trying to impeach and convict clinton (he was impeached, not convicted), from 1998-2000 after he wasn't impeached he became too popular such that if the republicans did anything stupid like shutdown they'd be raked over the coals in the press. leaving office he had the highest approval rating ever of a president since fdr and had a budget surplus which would be basically impossible today.

from 2000-2008 basically because of 9/11 and the iraq war bush was way popular until the tail end of 2008 when the markets crashed. 2008-2010 the republicans hated obama but a shutdown after the financial crisis would have been political suicide for either side. 2010-2012... i honestly don't know other than the fact that dems still had a super majority in the senate despite losses and the continued effects of the financial crisis... but pretty much to the tail end of 2012 the tea party group of republicans were pretty much ready to shutdown over the ACA.. (which apparently is why they got elected in 2010)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

LMAO if you think slumlord trump wouldn't kick you to the curb the moment you missed a rent payment.