Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The big news from the countdown so far is that Scott sounded hopeful that he might have good news about Bajillion Dollar Properties actually getting distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Threedom is great. Over the years I've sometimes subjected my poor girlfriend to CBB on road-trips and she always found it mainly miss, usually taking a nap or something while I did. I played her a Threedom a few months ago and she actually really liked it and now listens on her own haha.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

How are u posted:

Threedom is great. Over the years I've sometimes subjected my poor girlfriend to CBB on road-trips and she always found it mainly miss, usually taking a nap or something while I did. I played her a Threedom a few months ago and she actually really liked it and now listens on her own haha.

If she's game, play her those live eps where Paul, Scott, and Lauren toured from a couple years back. Those have a nice unhinged feel and may be a happy medium.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With the best ofs, has anyone ever felt that Scott has totally picked the wrong clip with regards to why people voted for the episode?

Not that I’ve ever felt that, just curious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

With the best ofs, has anyone ever felt that Scott has totally picked the wrong clip with regards to why people voted for the episode?

Not that I’ve ever felt that, just curious.

Yeah, there's been a few where I felt the funniest moments were excluded. Not this year's, but I think the past two years had one or two instances. If only because the episodes were full of strong moments, and they'd be hard to choose.

I'm glad every year Scott and Paul get more inside baseball with how certain bits or characters or situations are born. I love hearing the backstories. The early Best-Ofs kept that stuff to a minimum.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it's probably the engineers that pick the clips

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean it's probably the engineers that pick the clips

This is a good point, but Scott says he listens to all of the clips and tries to relisten to every episode picked to help find the best parts.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

He might also just want to choose clips that don't require lots of context. The funniest part of an episode is probably the funniest part because of a lot of setup happening. The Monster gently caress is only funny if you know the history of it being played every year, Janice Cramps opening with "Hi, I'm pregnant" doesn't.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Franchescanado posted:

This is a good point, but Scott says he listens to all of the clips and tries to relisten to every episode picked to help find the best parts.

And everyone’s idea of what makes an episode funny might vary, and a lot of later bits might not make any sense without being set up an hour earlier, and so on

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gently caress Your Website posted:

And everyone’s idea of what makes an episode funny might vary, and a lot of later bits might not make any sense without being set up an hour earlier, and so on

Not arguing with this. Just adding that Scott is also involved in picking some clips, not just the engineers who are doing most of the work.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I just want to hear the opening catchphrase and that's it.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

yorkinshire posted:

I just want to hear the opening catchphrase and that's it.

Serious talk though, I'm surprised Scott hasn't retired that bit yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I genuinely thought it would come back around to being Whats Up, Hot Dog and it sticking again.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

yorkinshire posted:

Serious talk though, I'm surprised Scott hasn't retired that bit yet.

If people stopped submitting them he’d probably have quit but they keep flowing in. Me, I await the return of Jukebox Jury—mustard or pants? Maybe next week we’ll find out? (We won’t)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Franchescanado posted:

Not arguing with this. Just adding that Scott is also involved in picking some clips, not just the engineers who are doing most of the work.

I think Scott also considers what people post about on their forums and on Twitter, and I think, like he mentioned in the closing of today's, is trying to get new people heard.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

gently caress Your Website posted:

If people stopped submitting them he’d probably have quit but they keep flowing in. Me, I await the return of Jukebox Jury—mustard or pants? Maybe next week we’ll find out? (We won’t)

Jukebox jury absolutely needs to come back.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

CBB guests still don't get paid, right? It's funny to hear Scott talk about "losing" people to Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's changing sometime soon apparently.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mr. Squishy posted:

Good. I realize that getting publicity is valuable in and of itself in show-biz, but even enough money to basically cover in-city transport and a damned working wage for a couple hours' work is well-warranted, and I can't imagine at this point that it's going to break Scott's bank or Earwolf as a company.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

While he's the face of Earwolf, I don't think Scott's been making any of these decisions for quite a while.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mr. Squishy posted:

While he's the face of Earwolf, I don't think Scott's been making any of these decisions for quite a while.

Yeah. He has even made a point of saying that when loving around and joking about the engineers, he has absolutely no hiring/firing capability. Probably good, as having someone jokingly abusive at times on mic who is also the head of HR is not a good idea!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's awesome, maybe Adomian will appear again

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Breadallelogram posted:

That's awesome, maybe Adomian will appear again

That was Wiger's fault though

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

That was Wiger's fault though

Can you elaborate a little?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Joke from the last Christmas special. Technically it's Leo Karpazzi's fault.

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
He didn't get enough candy.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Those monsters SUCKED and hosed

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Igor decided to gently caress his own dad

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Riptor posted:

Igor decided to gently caress his own dad

Igor go on Cum Town

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Even though he blew his own brains out I hope Big Dog returns, maybe via flashbacks or as a ghost

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
How awful is the new plug bag theme?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's good this time and I'm excited to find out what the remix will sound like.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Holy poo poo

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Lol no it isn't

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
After a multi-year break Scott finally correctly explained Riddle Me This for maybe the first time ever.

e: not that it helped :v:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 7, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

After a multi-year break Scott finally correctly explained Riddle Me This for maybe the first time ever.

I was really happy that this happened, and Rog's character dealing with it was the funniest moment for me.

"How... do you make a fry bread?"

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Srice posted:

It's good this time and I'm excited to find out what the remix will sound like.

https://twitter.com/EastmanPresser/status/1082410178522304512

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That settles it, 2019 is gonna be a good year.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

I cannot wait to hear Mantzoukas's reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I cannot wait to hear Mantzoukas's reaction

I can't wait to hear Ben Schwartz's reaction when he completely forgets that they did this in like 3 months