Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cue "Well, that explains a lot about the world today."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1081752986035064832

quote:

When a Texas competitor, Braniff Airlines, undercut Southwest’s fare by offering flights for $13, Southwest fought back in a typically inventive way.

“We’d offer customers a choice,” Mr. Kelleher said in 2001. “They could pay $13 — or they could pay $26 and we’d throw in a free bottle of whiskey. That made us the largest liquor distributor in Texas for a couple of months.”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lordy

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1081747887455956993

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1081612614692675585

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Have your sister send that brisket to General Dog because he knows a lot about licking boot leather.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

At a bar in Williamsburg, bartender ends up telling me she was at the panthers pats super bowl.

“Me too,” I say.

“Oh! My dad ref’d the game!” She replied.

“What’s his address?”

She didn’t know I was joking at first.

I mean, were you?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

Maybe people do understand brackets and just find 70% unconscionable for any portion of income.
Return the brackets to GHWB levels, and tax capital gains as regular income.

Sure, now the top bracket is only 40%, but now billions of dollars are taxed at 40% instead of 10%.

Billions of income dollars that are actually earned by the lowly peons getting paid well under that top tax bracket but earn the profits that create the dividends and increased stock prices that go to the people at the top.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've fantasized about people trying to take away things that belong to me literally since childhood. I have no idea why, I've never actually had anything taken away from me; I've had a pretty easy life. All I really want out of life is to live long enough to have my assets seized and be guillotined. That's just my vision of success, and of moral victory.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

I've fantasized about people trying to take away things that belong to me literally since childhood. I have no idea why, I've never actually had anything taken away from me; I've had a pretty easy life. All I really want out of life is to live long enough to have my assets seized and be guillotined. That's just my vision of success, and of moral victory.

Boy howdy you get it!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

General Dog posted:

:therapy:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

8 year old General Dog gets back home on Halloween night with a great haul of candy from trick or treating.

General Dad takes 3/5ths of the candy away talking about income tax and sales tax and property tax.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

I've had a pretty easy life.

absolute shocker

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Funemployment starts now.

I wanted out of this company anyway, this will just spur me on to find the next thing which I’ve been half asking up to now. I’ll probably move back to Atlanta and find something there

Eff, sorry to hear about being laid off. Best of luck! 2 years ago I was laid off and it wound up working for the better.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

At a bar in Williamsburg, bartender ends up telling me she was at the panthers pats super bowl.

“Me too,” I say.

“Oh! My dad ref’d the game!” She replied.

“What’s his address?”

She didn’t know I was joking at first.

:swoon:

Avenge us Fiz

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

waah posted:

:swoon:

Avenge us Fiz

Banging his daughter AND murdering him is a good revenge plan.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We're at the emergency vet since my dog was whining a bit a wouldn't lay down. Pretty sure he's fine since I took him for a walk on which he pooped on. All seemed well but he's a stoic sort and bloat is scary so pray for my poor fat pupper.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Puppy Bowl posted:

We're at the emergency vet since my dog was whining a bit a wouldn't lay down. Pretty sure he's fine since I took him for a walk on which he pooped on. All seemed well but he's a stoic sort and bloat is scary so pray for my poor fat pupper.

Good luck, fat pup.

We did that with our older hound a couple years ago, vet pressed her stomach in a few spots and she projectile poo poo on the wall. It had some cloth in it, because she ate a loving sock, and he said it was likely the cause.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
bored as gently caress, can't sleep, decided to make a John Madden PC pinball game. what the gently caress am I doing with my life

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

bored as gently caress, can't sleep, decided to make a John Madden PC pinball game. what the gently caress am I doing with my life

What part is edible?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

iwentdoodie posted:

Good luck, fat pup.

We did that with our older hound a couple years ago, vet pressed her stomach in a few spots and she projectile poo poo on the wall. It had some cloth in it, because she ate a loving sock, and he said it was likely the cause.

This story made my wife and I laugh. Thanks for that.

They arent sure what's wrong but best guess seems to be some back pain that is causing him to tense up in his stomach. They're gonna going to get him a little stoned and send him home with us for observation. At least it's not the bloat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Needs a flashing "BOOM!" somewhere is all the input I can think of right now.

e: Several flashing "BOOM!"s

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1081592072866537472

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kawalimus is really losing it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Funemployment starts now.

I wanted out of this company anyway, this will just spur me on to find the next thing which I’ve been half asking up to now. I’ll probably move back to Atlanta and find something there

Late to the party but good luck. Hopefully it all turns out for the better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
An elegant solution to this government shutdown

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1081829663519891456?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It'll only work if you have Fox and Friends say it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Needs a “Tough Actin’ Tinactin” referenda too

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I had a dream last night where Trump was exercising on a treadmill on a balcony to prove how fit he really was. He got exhausted and had to stop a few seconds in, tripped and fell off the balcony, pinballing off of other treadmills on other balconies on his way to the ground.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just spent two hours putting together a PowerPoint and holy poo poo I will be glad when this project is over. In a month.

Gonna be a stressful month.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1081754176630153216

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
E: wrong thread

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I took down the Christmas lights today and I'm kind of depressed so I'm just going to sit on my butt and eat M&Ms and drink beer.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I've spent all weekend moving into my new place and having to buy a sectional and putting everything together has been exhausting but I've been at least able to watch the games.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Grittybeard posted:

Those drop targets on the left side are going to spell "BOOM" and when you get all four, some crazy poo poo is gonna happen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I took down the Christmas lights today and I'm kind of depressed so I'm just going to sit on my butt and eat M&Ms and drink beer.

I'm taking mine down today and its gonna make me sad because I'm really happy with them this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Taking down Christmas decorations is always depressing. For me the last day that the lights are on is January 1 and then they’re out until the day after Thanksgiving.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I'm taking mine down today and its gonna make me sad because I'm really happy with them this year.

Hey, sadbro :(:hf::(

I've had pretty much the same setup for the last few years but I keep adding little bits here and there. Might try to switch some things around next Christmas to make it more interesting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Taking down Christmas decorations is always depressing. For me the last day that the lights are on is January 1 and then they’re out until the day after Thanksgiving.

Yeah, we usually put ours up right after Thanksgiving. When I get around to take him down is kind of variable and depends on my mood. The year my daughter was born I don't think they came down until after the Superbowl. Newborn baby and 4 feet of snow all over the yard meant I had absolutely no time and half of them were really hard to get to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Those drop targets on the left side are going to spell "BOOM" and when you get all four, some crazy poo poo is gonna happen.

Is the board going to light up with telestrator circles and penises to tell you which ramp / bumper to hit next?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

gently caress Duke.

Jesus Christ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

someone crammed an alexa into a shitter and called it a smart toilet at CES