Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

May I suggest a Dimarzio Air Norton for m'sieur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I like it it’s wiggly

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There's some more minimal stuff I like better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve always appreciated the wall hangers but they’re stuffed in the closet so while handy they’re not easily viewed.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think I'm going to make a mini boot and it's probably going to be poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Come on Etsy. Be better.

Is it a musical instrument or a musical-instrument stand? :confused:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Is it a musical instrument or a musical-instrument stand? :confused:

I dunno, I was kinda wanting to buy it thinking it's a guitar stand cuz it's pretty as gently caress. But is it a guitar? Is it... both?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Philthy posted:

I dunno, I was kinda wanting to buy it thinking it's a guitar stand cuz it's pretty as gently caress. But is it a guitar? Is it... both?

Only one way to find out! Please report back.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

It has 2 nubs at the bottom and a u-shaped piece of rubber at the top. It's a stand you dorks.

Is dork a gendered insult? It derives from penis, apparently.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Who gives a gently caress

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny Nox posted:

It has 2 nubs at the bottom and a u-shaped piece of rubber at the top. It's a stand you dorks.

It's got those six tuning-machine-looking thingies at the top, so you never know. People are strange.

Jonny Nox posted:

I think we've got a while before this kind of thing becomes a problem. :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jonny Nox posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Jesus loving christ.

:cheeky:

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

s.i.r.e. posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Yet another penis-having male!!!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Come on Etsy. Be better.

Anwyays, this was apparently crafted by Kevin Vanden Akker for a Fine Woodworking contest. He got third place. First and second went to loving boxes... Yes, it lost to loving boxes that look like any other rando box in every antique store ever.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/readerproject/2009/12/04/guitar-stand-2

It probably doesn't exist anymore since it probably got tossed into the fireplace after seeing what he lost to.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Philthy posted:

Anwyays, this was apparently crafted by Kevin Vanden Akker for a Fine Woodworking contest. He got third place. First and second went to loving boxes... Yes, it lost to loving boxes that look like any other rando box in every antique store ever.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/readerproject/2009/12/04/guitar-stand-2

It probably doesn't exist anymore since it probably got tossed into the fireplace after seeing what he lost to.

Woodworkers fetishize dovetail joints - it's like their tonewood. Much like bluesdads and their minor pentatonic scales, wooden boxes are a chance to justify their basement full of tools without doing anything interesting with them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Ola Englund demo'd the Peper's Pedals Rage 158.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0TTDs_v5hI&t=341s

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I love Ola, he's one of the most wholesome dudes and I'm really happy that he's playing with the haunted thanks to his YouTube channel.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t watch a ton of his videos but I like him a lot.

I need to watch through his coffee with x videos for sure.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 4, 2019

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love Ola, he's one of the most wholesome dudes and I'm really happy that he's playing with the haunted thanks to his YouTube channel.
I unironcally love Ola. Yeah, he almost always sounds the same, but oh well

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I like youtube guys like Ola and Trey Xavier about as much as I hate Steve Terreberry's monumentally loving irritating face

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love smashing the NOT INTERESTED button on every Terreberry video.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Agreed. Steve T even managed to become even more annoying when he started embracing endorsements. I still subscribe to his videos just to check in from time to time and see how far the rabbit hole goes, and there’s always a new low.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It's funny because I've only seen a single Steve video a ways back and I knew exactly who you were talking about.

*makes dumb face o.O *

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I think I've seen about ten seconds of one of his videos, and that was enough for me forever.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the stupid face thing is basically gaming the youtube recommendation algorithm so good hustle on his part

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the stupid face thing is basically gaming the youtube recommendation algorithm so good hustle on his part

Yeah I don’t think he’s scummy or bad at business or deserves to fail or anything I just think his personality and dumb face stuff is obnoxious so I don’t bother giving him views. I can respect the hustle.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i can't stand him either but there's a reason he's so obnoxious. even someone tolerable like ola acts needlessly wacky during his videos now since it's his day job

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This video suckered me in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlsSC400pM

tl;dr: because P Basses are magic. That's it. No explanation. This guy can get hosed in every stupid clickbaity hole on his body. Also he does the face thing to game the algorithms, too.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

God drat don’t post that in the middle of my p bass gas period :negative:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Does the YouTube algorithm really look at expressions? I thought people just made exaggerated faces to make the preview image look more exciting in some way. It would be weird if the algorithm actually counted intensity of expressions or faces per minute or whatever.

Either way I don’t mind watching Steve T making fun of tough guy guitar stuff once in a while :shrug:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This video suckered me in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlsSC400pM

tl;dr: because P Basses are magic. That's it. No explanation. This guy can get hosed in every stupid clickbaity hole on his body. Also he does the face thing to game the algorithms, too.
Haha, that one suckered me in too. I was hoping for something a little more in depth than "they sound great and they're the standard so all engineers know how to deal with them" but I still made it through the whole thing.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

Does the YouTube algorithm really look at expressions? I thought people just made exaggerated faces to make the preview image look more exciting in some way. It would be weird if the algorithm actually counted intensity of expressions or faces per minute or whatever.

that's basically it, but there's definitely a sorting thing going on for recommendations where the stupider faces in a particular category get pushed to the top

https://openspace.sfmoma.org/2018/04/your-pretty-face-is-going-to-sell/

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 6, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't completely hate Steve T. But I am also not subscribed to his channel. If one of his videos comes up and I'm in the mood, I'll give him a listen, but that's it.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This guy can get hosed in every stupid clickbaity hole on his body. Also he does the face thing to game the algorithms, too.
My first reaction to this guy was seeing a video pop up in my related videos list after looking at a bunch of bass guitar reviews titled "Why you SHOULDN'T buy a five string bass???" and between how loving dumb the title was and the expression in the thumbnail I knew he'd be a total write-off.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Makes me feel bad for bass players. Your tone don't mean poo poo. Use this or go home.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Philthy posted:

Makes me feel bad for bass players. Your tone don't mean poo poo. Use this or go home.

Nah it’s more like Leo got it extremely extremely extremely right with the p bass. There’s a lot you can do with the p bass sound but as a foundation you can’t beat it.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

Philthy posted:

Makes me feel bad for bass players. Your tone don't mean poo poo. Use this and still get mixed so you can't be heard.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Philthy posted:

My favorite bass tones are from j basses, or anything not p bass

https://open.spotify.com/track/7HOnfkrXKyTmiSb7nGXYLw

https://open.spotify.com/album/4QsON7B0Hpvoiejj7L8FQp

(they took off 88 fingers louie's best album on youtube so here's their bass player's other band)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuy6rq8drtY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I actually liked Steve Terreberry's video from a year or so ago called "What if Dragonforce played for ...?". Everything else of his is poo poo though.

Scott's Bass Lessons has some good stuff, but holy poo poo he needs to learn how to be concise. It's tough watching his videos because of how much he rambles.

I also like playing Jazz basses more than P basses, but it's not as though I wouldn't use one.