Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
justin noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Gatts posted:

This game is wild in a weird way.

i'm bored yet slightly entertained its strange

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
why do kickers raise their arm before a kick? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say why

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
How come blocked punts don't become live balls once they are blocked? This is the second time I recall this year where a ball is kicked and then blocked and the kicking team picks up the ball past where the first down marker was. I had always assumed that once the ball is kicked and touched by the receiving team it becomes a live ball, and in these cases it would have been recovered by the kicking team. What's the rule that prevents that from being the case?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

Kicking and throwing is hard

3 yards and a cloud of dust is the only truth

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i personally believe they should have been awarded the first down because they had achieved yardage past the first down marker but im just a simple hyper dork

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:fork:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
somewhere, Billy Cundiff's ears just perked up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

hughesta posted:

lol the ravens loving suck

how do you not trust your offense to get two yards at home in an elimination game. lol. it's cause Jackson sucks

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bunch of cowards

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

still a three possession game

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Low Desert Punk posted:

why do kickers raise their arm before a kick? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say why

It lets everyone know in advance whose fault it is if he misses.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Lamar has to convert to receiver if the Ravens lose

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

ada shatan posted:

How come blocked punts don't become live balls once they are blocked? This is the second time I recall this year where a ball is kicked and then blocked and the kicking team picks up the ball past where the first down marker was. I had always assumed that once the ball is kicked and touched by the receiving team it becomes a live ball, and in these cases it would have been recovered by the kicking team. What's the rule that prevents that from being the case?

A tipped pass isn't a live ball either, you need possession to change. It's live if it doesn't cross the line of scrimmage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

commish should have awarded the Browns the AFC North title

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

RG3 can win this game

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Marketing New Brain posted:

A tipped pass isn't a live ball either, you need possession to change. It's live if it doesn't cross the line of scrimmage

A tipped pass requires a completion. A kick to turn over possession doesn't require someone to catch it - they can simply touch it and then it becomes a live ball for anyone to play.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So how much of this is defensive stoutness and how much of it is offensive incompetence.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

RG3 can win this game

Wait, is RG3 a Ravens backup?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SKULL.GIF posted:

commish should have awarded the Browns the AFC North title

It’s not too late.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Marketing New Brain posted:

but you can run back a long missed fg?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Rabble posted:

Wait, is RG3 a Ravens backup?

Yeah!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Now for 10 minutes of oxygen for Gates.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

VJeff posted:

So how much of this is defensive stoutness and how much of it is offensive incompetence.

That's one of those things that's always real difficult to really tell.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Put in RG3

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gates is too old to be taking these hits

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Gates went perpendicular out of bounds.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

VJeff posted:

The Chargers defense is playing lights out but they have heavily relied on Jackson's inability to complete a pass of more than 5 yards.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wait stop the game, the chargers got past the first down marker but its not 4th down someone needs to tell the people someone stop this farce

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao Gates is basically "I'll catch the ball if it lands in my arm but I'm heading out of bounds as soon as possible"

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
gates hobbles off the field and into a healing vat

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I'm not kidding, seriously, put in RG3

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

ada shatan posted:

There’s just a special rule for it so that it’s not actively dangerous to go for blocks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

it's not incompetence really, it's just that the offense as designed for current personnel sucks once a team is ready for it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Game over.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'm not kidding, seriously, put in RG3

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a bad jimmy day needed to not happen

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SirPablo posted:

Bears/Eagles better be good, these last two games are loving terrible.

I placed my beats earlier this week this will be a disaster.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I coulda swore that was overthrown, then it just drops in perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

LONGEST PLAY OF THE GAME WOWOWO