Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

new kind of cat posted:

can’t these dipshits afford a tailor?? lmao

I'd like to imagine all of Jr's suits are regifted suits from tormp based on fictitious measurements tormp gives out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kurtofan posted:

i'm depressed

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1082009598863785987?s=21

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

i'm depressed

Build something/cook something new

Reading and working out are good too but take longer, weed is cheating

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Need to get this poo poo in my portfolio

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Tryb

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

The Snoo posted:

president dumpy and his dipshit children

so disrespectful

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

new kind of cat posted:

can’t these dipshits afford a tailor?? lmao

They're trying to hide the fact that they have no shoulders and fat asses. The poor tailor is doing their best to comply.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kurtofan posted:

i'm depressed

i found this v helpful

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1081664209203720192

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

In 2017, Matthew Herrick, a very sexy waiter and aspiring actor in New York City, filed a lawsuit against Grindr after his ex-boyfriend allegedly created fake profiles showing Herrick’s face and addresses. Herrick says over 1,000 men contacted him via text or at his home and place of work demanding sex.

As we reported, the profiles included “semi-nude photos of Herrick … claiming that he wanted rough, unprotected sex, orgies, and drugs.” Herrick believes his ex wanted him to be sexually assaulted by one of these men.

Herrick also claims that he contacted Grindr over 50 times to complain, but the company failed to take any action other than sending auto-replies that they were looking into the fake profiles.

A 1996 law known as the Communications Decency Act typically protects website and mobile apps from being legally liable for content posted by their users. But Herrick’s legal team is trying to use a “products liability” law that holds product manufacturers liable for harm caused by their poorly designed products. The law is typically used to sue manufacturers of power tools, car parts and kitchen appliances.

Herrick says Grindr produced an app that is “defective in its design,” “fundamentally unsafe” and “unreasonably dangerous,” according to NBC News. Furthermore, he says the company’s delayed response was neglectful and allowed Herrick’s ex to “weaponize” the app.

If it does proceed, it could set a groundbreaking precedent that could hold companies like Facebook, YouTube and others liable for failing to regulate people spreading false information on their platforms.

Shortly after FOSTA’s passage, Craigslist and Backpage removed their personals sections, and Tumblr purged millions of users who posted adult content, all in a bid to avoid prosecution under the broadly written law. If Herrick’s case proceeds, apps would need to drastically change how they handle user-generated content too in order to minimize their legal liability.

But groups like the National Network to End Domestic Violence have written amicus briefs supporting Herrick’s position. Also, “the Electronic Privacy Information Center has similarly argued that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission should broaden its oversight to include internet-connected devices,” reports NBC News.

What steamrolled Craigslist, backpage, and Tumblr is marching inexorably toward Facebook and Youtube. The tiniest amount of liability and responsibility - capable of crushing giants into dust.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bethamphetamine posted:

The tiniest amount of liability and responsibility is capable of crushing giants into dust.

Just quoting for truth here

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really thought i wa going to get laid tomorrow

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Bethamphetamine posted:

What steamrolled Craigslist, backpage, and Tumblr is marching inexorably toward Facebook and Youtube. The tiniest amount of liability and responsibility - capable of crushing giants into dust.

LF didn't kill the forums but cumshitter posting in character as Roger Stone will.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Kurtofan posted:

tomorrow ain't over yet!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bearjew posted:

tomorrow ain't over yet!

come over

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

u up?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Pancakes posted:

LF didn't kill the forums but cumshitter posting in character as Roger Stone will.

wait is he NOT roger stone?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

the failing baltimore ravens

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

are u cute

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Bethamphetamine posted:

The people who ran backpage were particularly egregious pieces of poo poo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

Need to get this poo poo in my portfolio

now youre thinking like a shark! *does my trademark shark roar that I do whenever a client gives me money*

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

wait what happened to al lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i just got cumshitters avatar

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe those who lost business due to @realDonaldTrump will vote differently in 2020

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Agronox posted:

:sad:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a.lo posted:

Maybe those who lost business due to @realDonaldTrump will vote differently in 2020

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahhaahhahhahahahaahhahahahhahahahahahaaahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhaaahahahahahahhahaaahahahahhahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

hahaha

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.

a.lo posted:

Voting Trump. gently caress those guys.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if you ever see me, roger stone, on the street ask me how much cum is in my rear end. ill pretend not to get it but ill get it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1082001862621052929

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

It's a delight

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Agronox posted:

lol good I won't have to pretend to care about it w/ customers anymore

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

What really gets me is that Lowtax figured out all this liability legal stuff a decade ago by happy accident and trial and error. Why isn't some company paying him insane amounts of money to be their rain man idiot savant director of communications?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

it's gonna own so much when these are the only people willing to hang out with Louis CK and he'll struggle not to yell at them about what yokels they are

Louis "I live in NY and idolize woody Allen" CK going on tour with Chad "The Liberal Smasher" Chudford including a week in Whitefish, MT is a wonderful thought

skaboomizzy has issued a correction as of 21:52 on Jan 6, 2019

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

me hearing the words "conservative comedian:"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

its an archaic definition but moate means to poo poo. this guys twitter handle is literally "Freedom shits"

as in freedom takes a poo poo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

all sports teams are now officially the "Trumps"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Bethamphetamine posted:

What really gets me is that Lowtax figured out all this liability legal stuff a decade ago by happy accident and trial and error. Why isn't some company paying him insane amounts of money to be their rain man idiot savant director of communications?

I dunno if he likes having a boss, but he could contract this sort of thing out.