Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ravens first AFCN team to lose in 2019 :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

At least I won't have to hear any more about "is the Ravens offense sustainable" because no, no it isn't

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lamar Jackson is straight up dogshit but it shouldn't be discounted how much Hurst and Skura have sucked in this game and all season (Lewis is worse than Hurst but it's pretty interchangable). Even in games where they look good it's a lot of scheme and you can constantly see them whiff on blocks. And I don't mean in the sense that they're even attempting the block and miss - sometimes they straight up don't even see the guy. This is generally at its worst with blocks at the second level. We desperately need a guard, a defensive end, and a new fuckin quarterback.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

joey porter

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Joey porter just wins games. Rip Joey

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lamar Jackson is worse than early Cam Newton at the forward pass, but also an order of magnitude smaller in stature. It was a bad idea to bench Flacco before Jackson could throw more than a slant route, and now the Ravens are going to lose Harbaugh because he isn't blind

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean before benching Flacco it looked like they were dead in the water so I think that’s nit a great argument to make.

Lamar had a really bad game it happens.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Lamar might not end up being the right choice, but it's the choice they are going with.

If they dropped Flacco in at the half, there might have been a little lean toward keeping him, but he's gone.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

its working

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean before benching Flacco it looked like they were dead in the water so I think that’s nit a great argument to make.

Lamar had a really bad game it happens.

I guess, but it certainly doesn't help them drafting in the mid 20s when Jackson isn't ready. They could have done this with with Flacco, without exposing Jackson

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah being dead in the water is fine if that is your true level and it gives you a high pick and lets you dump your coach that has been there for way too long

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it obviously wasn’t their true level unless you think everything after was some weird fluke but that’s really dumb.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

At least I won't have to hear any more about "is the Ravens offense sustainable" because no, no it isn't

God dammit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Why isn’t sustainable? Because one team stopped it.

That’s like arguing actually Peyton Manning is a fraud because of those years the pats shut him down.

Before you say the offense can’t work let’s wait until its stopped consistently instead of overreacting hard.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine getting owned by the ravens lmao

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Ravens are back baby! Garbage Time Lamar is the future!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfGVL3f1VM

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Always next year Ravens.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

All thorwing talk aside, Lamar needs to stop loving fumbling

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s like arguing actually Peyton Manning is a fraud because of those years the pats shut him down.

Before you say the offense can’t work let’s wait until its stopped consistently instead of overreacting hard.

Lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not sustainable because you fumble 14 times in like 7 games. Good god. Shut up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I know it’s a loosing battle as people can’t help themselves. Fans are reactionary by nature.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because he's a string bean QB who can't throw for a poo poo and takes a ton of hits and can't stop fumbling for two seconds and half the oline can't perform simple blocks consistently

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

lol sure

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Finally plays a team for a 2nd time
Gets shut down
"Hey we don't know if it's been figured out yet"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I've never seen the Ravens lose a playoff game on a strip sack before

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

charles is right, lamar is peyton manning and i always said he was

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

CharlestheHammer posted:

He seems real bad op

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

charles is right, lamar is peyton manning and i always said he was

Lol just Payton?

Better IMO.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Saying a run only option offense is a gimmick in the modern NFL, hmm? Well what is your 'Aaron Rodgers' without his precious forward pass then?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The fumbling is his biggest issue. His passing was bad even by his standards early but he did start looking a lot better late in the game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The fumbling is his biggest issue. His passing was bad even by his standards early but he did start looking a lot better late in the game.

Fumbling ultimately can be worked on, though his biggest problem is his size.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol just Payton?

Better IMO.

Let me call attention to the fact that you compared one of the greatest passers in the history of the NFL to a guy who cannot pass

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Let me call attention to the fact that you compared one of the greatest passers in the history of the NFL to a guy who cannot pass

I did yes.

Do it again too.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think he looked that much better at all. The game was over 20 minutes earlier if Derwin James doesn't completely gently caress up a pass floated directly at him, or if the Chargers CB doesn't drop a pass hitting him in both hands the next play.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if the ravens didnt fumble 4 times the game was over 3 and a half hours ago, in the parking lot when i declared victory

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

It doesn't help that he has a Tebow-esque windup throwing motion

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

his throwing motion is pretty fast hes just a scaredy baby at throwing it deep which is bad he should learn to throw it deep from joseph vincent "joe flacco" flacco

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't think he looked that much better at all. The game was over 20 minutes earlier if Derwin James doesn't completely gently caress up a pass floated directly at him, or if the Chargers CB doesn't drop a pass hitting him in both hands the next play.

He was on target. If defensive players did everything right nobody would ever hardly score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think honestly Lamar can develop and maybe be good enough at passing to run a normal offense with some fun occasional scrambling poo poo. He/They will never win or be good at all if they try to keep running him a thousand times next year.