Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Joe Flacco was benched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think honestly Lamar can develop and maybe be good enough at passing to run a normal offense with some fun occasional scrambling poo poo. He/They will never win or be good at all if they try to keep running him a thousand times next year.

Yeah but that was never the plan. It's weird to say we need to teach the starting QB how to pass in the offseason but we do and he does enough of the dumb things that should be easy to correct wrong that it's actually possible he dramatically improves by week 1 next year. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think honestly Lamar can develop

I don't think this is happening with Harbaugh there

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think this is happening with Harbaugh there

joe developed a ton from his first to second year

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

it was nice of coach belixhik to stop by here and reassure us, the Ravens fans, of lamar jacksons eliteness

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ghost Dog posted:

joe developed a ton from his first to second year

A lot of QBs do. Hell Brady started out in a similar vein with the gameplan more about playing to his strengths and minimizing risks. Can Lamar make that kind of leap? I dunno but it’s way to soon to call it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of QBs do. Hell Brady started out in a similar vein with the gameplan more about playing to his strengths and minimizing risks. Can Lamar make that kind of leap? I dunno but it’s way to soon to call it.

yeah i was mostly just wierded out by the implication that a qb never made a leap under harbaugh as if he was some dastardly anti rookie qb coach when he won a superbowl with a quarterback he developed. that doesnt necessarily translate but then again no one anywhere has even the slightest idea of how to consistently develop quarterbacks. lamar has as much of a shot as anyone, which is to say its probably a long shot

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He’s elite!!!!!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Brady was straight up slightly above average until like 2007 where he took a huge leap. The 01 03 and 04 teams had defense and running(in 03 and 04).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not going to melt down about it until preseason game 3

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your will is weak. I am the stalwart, unflappable Ravens fan who will wait till the 3rd quarter of week 1 to freak out about our 1930s offense.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah i was mostly just wierded out by the implication that a qb never made a leap under harbaugh as if he was some dastardly anti rookie qb coach when he won a superbowl with a quarterback he developed. that doesnt necessarily translate but then again no one anywhere has even the slightest idea of how to consistently develop quarterbacks. lamar has as much of a shot as anyone, which is to say its probably a long shot

the only really surefire dude at developing QBs is probably Andy Reid and there aren't exactly a bunch of clones of him running around so, your best bet is for him to take his lumps and hope he learns and grows from it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Can't believe every afcn qb is benched........

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1082017607627075584

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah i was mostly just wierded out by the implication that a qb never made a leap under harbaugh as if he was some dastardly anti rookie qb coach when he won a superbowl with a quarterback he developed.

I didn't mean to imply this, I meant to imply Harbaugh's obviously not at his best anymore

idk who you replace him with but I just don't think this team has much chance of making anything else really happen in January with him around. I was meh on him leaving at the start of the season but now I think it is time. That's the most uninspired I've seen the team in a while and if that's happening for the first 80% of a playoff game, there's a big problem

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I don't think we were uninspired we just got shut the heck down.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens need to trade for the speedster john ross

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

the ravens need to trade for the speedster john ross

They need a big play RB.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Of all the insane poo poo Kawalimus has said over the years, "we need a big play RB" is a weird one to latch on to.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think we were uninspired we just got shut the heck down.

The defense was lights out. Any other unit in the country would have been blown out.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Of all the insane poo poo Kawalimus has said over the years, "we need a big play RB" is a weird one to latch on to.

It's equally as stupid as any other thing that comes out of his blatantly inane mind.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Maybe a between-the-defenders TE would also be good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah idk about uninspired(whatever that means) when one side of the ball played nearly perfect and the other was just getting poo poo on cause they suck. and ofc that ignores the eventual comeback where they looked ok.

Borsche69 posted:

They need a big play RB.

lamar jackson bitch

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah idk about uninspired(whatever that means) when one side of the ball played nearly perfect and the other was just getting poo poo on cause they suck. and ofc that ignores the eventual comeback where they looked ok.

It's just like what would happen every time a team that was dependent on a strong running game for offense ran into the 2000 Ravens(which was like every week), poo poo would get bad and in a hurry.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

need a RB here

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

In 2000 we had a Jamal and a Priest(pre KC). We need more Jamals.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

lamar jackson bitch

The Gus Bus

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

In 2000 we had a Jamal and a Priest(pre KC). We need more Jamals.

jamal lewis has severe head trauma and he looks 99 years old everytime they wheel him out and he has no idea where he is

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

jamal lewis has severe head trauma and he looks 99 years old everytime they wheel him out and he has no idea where he is

Yeah I heard he has real bad depression from it and stuff too :(

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he looks closer to death than oj brigance

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah I heard he has real bad depression from it and stuff too :(

We need more of this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you missed the chance to point out that if kawalimus truly believes the ravens need more swiss cheese brain then hes the answer to his own problem. try out for the ravens kawa walk the gently caress on

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jamal Lewis will always be the Ravens RB to me. When I first became a big fan I was going to the games and watching him carve up those Bengals and Browns. Especially that game against the Cowboys when it was one of Aikman's last games. And watching him run through like 3 denver defenders for a TD in our first ever playoff game.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Can't wait for the 2019 Ravens /w Jameis Winston throwing to Antonio Brown with a 4-12 record

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Jamal Lewis will always be the Ravens RB to me. When I first became a big fan I was going to the games and watching him carve up those Bengals and Browns. Especially that game against the Cowboys when it was one of Aikman's last games. And watching him run through like 3 denver defenders for a TD in our first ever playoff game.

He will always be a Ravens RB to everyone. This is because he played for the Ravens.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

He will always be a Ravens RB to everyone. This is because he played for the Ravens.

THE ravens RB.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can't wait for the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals to win the Super Bowl!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BrownThunder posted:

Can't wait for the 2019 Ravens /w Jameis Winston throwing to Antonio Brown with a 4-12 record

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This offseason will be a repeat of 2003. We'll trade for Antonio Brown but he'll get it voided cause he doesn't think he'll get good enough stats with Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-fans-lamar-jackson-20190106-story.html

poo poo's hilarious. Can't wait for Jimmy's twitter tirade about fake friends when he finally ends up on the cap causality hit list.