Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's a biology/zoology professor at the local university named Dr. Otter. I will never not think that's adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Krispy Wafer posted:

Since we're back on names I just remembered my doctor's name is Hurt.
Hurt S. Donut?

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

Maria dared to comment "pay people to kill and butcher animals for you" while having a housecat in her profile pic

I really hope she's not trying to feed her cat a vegan diet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Krispy Wafer posted:

Since we're back on names I just remembered my doctor's name is Hurt.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Why is Ledasha racist? I don't mean that in a smug sense, I mean that in a "I'm an autistic white rear end motherfucker who accepts without condition that it's racist because you tell me it's racist, but what harmful stereotypes does it push forward?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lyrai posted:

Why is Ledasha racist? I don't mean that in a smug sense, I mean that in a "I'm an autistic white rear end motherfucker who accepts without condition that it's racist because you tell me it's racist, but what harmful stereotypes does it push forward?"

"Black people give their kids weird names," essentially.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Lyrai posted:

Because it is an urban legend intentionally meant to make black people look stupid and illiterate.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lyrai posted:

That black people have weird, incomprehensible, made-up names and get sassy and defensive when they're mispronounced.

Maybe there's a single facet of reality to it (there's names you don't run into much among white people, people get mad when you say their name wrong) but the rest of the diamond is solid racism.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
It reinforces the notion that white people are Normal and non-white people are Foreign and Other, and specifically (as mentioned) that black people are less intelligent than white people and simply name their kids after the last thing they heard without understanding what it means.

Here's Key and Peele exploring the "foreign and other" idea from the reverse perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Lyrai posted:

Check Snopes for some examples caught in the wild. It gets pretty obvious pretty quick why it's racist, even aside from the incorrect use of "be."

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Sarcopenia posted:

If this ever comes up I'll use this one. Good point.

Also make sure to point out that it's 'a safe space' where any gender can feel comfortable using the bathroom.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I got real happy when California required gender neutral bathrooms even as a cis man cause having access to more stalls when you gotta poo poo is nice.

This pretty much happens already at events like music festivals. Most of the guys are just pissing at urinals so women will come into the mens room to use free stalls.

Sedge and Bee posted:

What does Bill Mitchell think zero friction rollers are? Anti friction rolers aren't magic. It's like saying he wants a perpetual energy machine every ten meters.

The constant attempts by mexicans to cross the border will keep the rollers moving which will provide power to the wall for the anti gravity forcefield that prevents them from getting close enough to touch it.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Jan 7, 2019

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Brawnfire posted:

That black people have weird, incomprehensible, made-up names and get sassy and defensive when they're mispronounced.

Maybe there's a single facet of reality to it (there's names you don't run into much among white people, people get mad when you say their name wrong) but the rest of the diamond is solid racism.

I'm ground zero for one of these, I was a nurse for a decade or so, and one of my coworkers was seriously going to call her child "Orin Jade", until it was pointed out her second child could be "Cherry 7up". She was white as can be, so it more 'hadn't said it out loud' than anything racist.

That was it, was at hundreds of caesarian sections while on-call in the OT, never saw a name approaching that level otherwise.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

If we're doing ironic names, there was a professor in my undergrad physics department by the name of Dr H. Barr

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

someone in the company i work at has the name Venus Ho

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is the opposite of idiot on social media.

https://twitter.com/SamuelLJackson/status/1082097661916954625

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zedd posted:

You'd think all these chucklefucks would love gender neutral bathrooms being required, since it means less bathrooms needed in general and thus more profit for daddy capitalism.

Gender-neutral toilets take up more space than single-gender ones, not less, since they're generally one to a room and that room also has to be big enough for a sink. Urinals take up the least space per person and even a row of cubicles with a shared row of sinks take up much less room than single-occupant toilets do.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Put👏A👏Urinal👏In👏Every👏Cubicle

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Briannadina/status/1082119917799907330

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Tiggum posted:

Gender-neutral toilets take up more space than single-gender ones, not less, since they're generally one to a room and that room also has to be big enough for a sink. Urinals take up the least space per person and even a row of cubicles with a shared row of sinks take up much less room than single-occupant toilets do.

You know men's bathrooms also have stalls, right?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I just signed up for an online workout program, I wonder what the other users are li.....

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I'm not sure I could have responded with this much class:

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1082122089765703681

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tiggum posted:

you can have multi-person stalled gender neutral bathrooms, hth.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

T-man posted:

Ladies can even use urinals

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Voyager I posted:

You know men's bathrooms also have stalls, right?
Yes? What's your point?

T-man posted:

I guess you could. I've never seen any though. :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Matt_S_Stephens/status/1081578511914151936

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Goddamn men stealing my femininity. I deny them my essence.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

So wait, how large a piece of my femininity do I give away? Like, what percent of my total femininity? Is there a point at which I've slept with enough men that I'm 0% feminine? I'd like to see studies on this, Matt Stephens.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Can a woman gently caress enough men that she becomes a gay man? Surely if you lose enough femininity you must eventually become masculine.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

jobson groeth posted:

Can a woman gently caress enough men that she becomes a gay man?
I mean, it's not unheard of, just not by the mechanism that guy imagined

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jobson groeth posted:

Can a woman gently caress enough men that she becomes a gay man? Surely if you lose enough femininity you must eventually become masculine.

It's like spending Humanity or Insight in Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Once a woman spends all her Femininity points she can't summon a man to open her jars or beat the Gaping Dragon.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

"You will have better men to choose from"

Oh but don't have sex with any of them that's like so gross

Of course they'll probably break up with you for not putting out. Unless they're really religious, then they'll pressure you to get married too soon so you can gently caress

So many great dating options to choose from!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

jobson groeth posted:

Ladies can even use urinals

There are gender neutral urinals even, but they require more exposure for non penis-havers.

Finding the best way to serve people's needs in regards to comfort vs. efficiency is complicated, but letting gender divisions hold so much sway is pretty stupid. Like a lot of things, effectively policing sex pest and reducing rape culture would do much more good than trying to white knight for all womankind over possible sexual predators in their special lady space. Most women aren't going to care if there is a man in the stall next to them; they care that he could be in there with a camera.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Sleeping with men gradually makes you turn into one.

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's like spending Humanity or Insight in Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Once a woman spends all her Femininity points she can't summon a man to open her jars or beat the Gaping Dragon.

The Gaping Dragon is great vagina slang!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

TheMostFrench posted:

Just imagine someone saying anything like this about men. Every time you have sex with a woman you lose some of your masculinity, it just flows out along with the jizz and next thing you know you're watching lifetime movies and using glitter bath bombs and blah blah feminine stereotype

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

TheMostFrench posted:

Goddammit, I just came from there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

So lesbians are the most feminine women of all? Makes sense.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheMostFrench posted:

The Gaping Dragon is great vagina slang!

I GIS'd Gaping Dragon to find an appropriately funny reply image and all I found was advice: do not GIS "Gaping Dragon."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

We ask ourselves, is there anything more ridiculous than a 175:1 ratio? Folks, I present to you: the infinite ratio.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I GIS'd Gaping Dragon to find an appropriately funny reply image and all I found was advice: do not GIS "Gaping Dragon."

Bing image search it is! :getin:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ellen is basically the modern Donna Reed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Cythereal posted:

So lesbians are the most feminine women of all? Makes sense.

I mean, obviously.