Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You guys ever abandon a run because you drew superbad and lost like 40 hp to the loving jaw worm on floor 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Finally killed the Heart with Defect. I am horrible with Defect in general but I got a Creative AI to start and picked up a Bird-Faced Urn pretty early. It got really fuckin' dicey on some A3 fights (down to 2hp on Reptomancer :stonk:) but I kinda clowned on the Heart itself. Had something like 12 focus by the end of the fight. Orange Pellets are still absolutely incredible.

Up to Asc4 with Silent, now Asc2 with Defect, still need to kill the Heart with Ironclad though (which is funny, because I usually do better with Ironclad than with Defect).

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

A Moose posted:

You guys ever abandon a run because you drew superbad and lost like 40 hp to the loving jaw worm on floor 1?

Not getting the neow reward kept me from doing this in the past and I haven't played much since they changed that.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

through lots of blood sweat and tears and banging my head against a wall, I've finally gotten up to ascension 13 as ironclad! I just had to embrace 35 card piles of idiocy that are mainly propped up with Sneko Eye, Double Tap, and Dual Wield letting me bludgeon 5 times in a turn or something stupid like that.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

A Moose posted:

ive had runs where i get 0 attacks in the first three rooms and i planned on taking out an elite and i just drop it

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

A Moose posted:

I did that when you had 15 barricades in your starting deck, but otherwise no.

e: that is, take 40 damage. I didn't abandon that daily. That was a really fun one.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Looks like Steam Workshop is now active for mods, so I guess that's fun. The Slime mod seems pretty solid, any other suggestions?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wow the mods are really gonna gently caress me up

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Impermanent posted:

Wow the mods are really gonna gently caress me up

Then maybe don't shitpost so much. :P

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I made some costumes for me and my friends

https://twitter.com/rottentunagames/status/1081657803847143425?s=21

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

First I realized that guy was the ironclad and not some dude with a lovely cowboy hat, then I discovered the dude in the black body suit is a Book of Stabbing. What a fantastic picture.

Now I need a mod where the bird guys have hairy human legs and sneakers.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The Marisa mod loving owns :allears: It's probably not very good because she has serious problems with mitigation, but it's still super fun setting up a turn where you final spark for 186 damage.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

:supaburn:

Jinx
Sep 9, 2001

Violence and Bloodshed

Gerdalti posted:

Looks like Steam Workshop is now active for mods, so I guess that's fun. The Slime mod seems pretty solid, any other suggestions?

Mod trip report:

The Mystic: Very good. Excellent card design, with very some interesting mechanics. This class that can survive with 3 energy into act 3 with good card selection and a few lucky relics. Interesting boss relics. Art is hit or miss (miss for me personally) and some cards/abilities need tweaking but I'm only playing still on low ascensions. Really benefits from removing as many basic cards as possible and I think this will be a problem on higher ascensions.

Replay the Spire: Good. Interesting relics, with more energy relics and interesting encounters and boss fights. Some of it could use balancing but nothing jumped out as ridiculous to me.

Hubris: Meh. I found many of the relics to force extreme changes to your play style, some even gimping your deck if you take them. Not a fan a lot of the new relics in an RNG based game.

The Disciple: Interesting character mechanics but feels very under powered on higher ascensions without some lucky card pulls. Feels like there's synergies between various cards that could get ridiculous but feels difficult to pull off. Also the cards are this ghastly yellow colour that feels like a god licking my eyeballs when I look at them.

If you only want to try one mod, go for replay the spire first (since you can play with existing characters) but the mystic is a lot of fun (and is almost as strong as the defect when it gets going).

Going to check out the servant next even though I abhor anime.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha what, was this game always scheduled to be moddable? What a neat surprise.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

I was wondering when we were gonna start seeing StS cosplay. This rules.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The Marisa mod loving owns :allears: It's probably not very good because she has serious problems with mitigation, but it's still super fun setting up a turn where you final spark for 186 damage.

Marisa seems OP as hell, by the second boss I had 20+ Plated Armor (plus gaining Orichalcum every combat). If you're looking for an anime the Servant is better balanced.

Piell fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 6, 2019

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
PRAISE SNECKO

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Are mods only in the beta version atm or is there some way I haven't found to enable them? I've subscribed to several in the steam workshop.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lozareth posted:

Are mods only in the beta version atm or is there some way I haven't found to enable them? I've subscribed to several in the steam workshop.

Right click on the game in the steam library, you launch separately with mods (sometimes it prompts you but it seems random).

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Lozareth posted:

You've gotta launch either by double-clicking the game in your library and selecting "Play with mods" or by right-clicking the game in your library and doing the same. If you're like me and launch games by right-clicking Steam's icon on the taskbar, it'll just launch the unmodded version.

E:fb

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lozareth posted:

As a followup question to this, are mods compatible with the beta version or do I have to revert back to the main track?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
you should revert not all of the mods work properly in the beta.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Con’s over and I collected all our photos so here’s some cool shots-

Fuckin Infinite Blades (kinda hard to see because of the light behind my cloak but it’s the only photo we got of my fuckin 20? Shivs)

Edit: forgot the most important one

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 7, 2019

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I totally underestimated orange pellets until I realised it wipes the debuff from Bullet time(!) and wraith form(!!)

Edit: Lagavulin is awesome.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Someone needs to make a Reptomancer onesie

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I totally underestimated orange pellets until I realised it wipes the debuff from Bullet time(!) and wraith form(!!)

Edit: Lagavulin is awesome.

I killed the Heart as Ironclad last night, and mostly, it was off the strength of being able to clear debuffs with Orange Pellets, including the end-of-turn reduction from Flex and the turn-one 3 Strength loss from the JAX event relic. With the right opening draw, I had 12 Strength by turn 2.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Really been enjoying Replay the Spire, although some of the additions are probably a bit busted. There's a relic called "Wasp Nest" which gives you 2 Thorns every time you take an instance of HP loss (that combat only). I just face tanked the Heart's multihit the first go around. Ended up with something like 30 Thorns. Probably my laziest Heart kill yet, even easier than Corruption+Dead Branch.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I really like the Marisa mod.

Piell posted:

Marisa seems OP as hell, by the second boss I had 20+ Plated Armor (plus gaining Orichalcum every combat). If you're looking for an anime the Servant is better balanced.

I mean sure if you find three Oort clouds and Orichalcum you're gonna have an easy time but I don't think that's a good judgement for the character itself

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Has anyone played the Slimebound mod? Slime spawning and licks seem strong enough, but I just tried a Tackle-based build and it seems disastrously bad unless I've completely missed some mechanic to make it viable. The Tackle cards all have mediocre values PLUS self-damage and drafting a ton of that one card that reflects some-self damage doesn't seem viable

E: Combining Feel Our Pain (the mentioned reflect card) with Equalize seems to do the job, though your HP swings pretty wildly, leading to some dangerous situations if the boss does a big attack on the wrong turn

The Mash fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 8, 2019

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

The Mash posted:

Has anyone played the Slimebound mod? Slime spawning and licks seem strong enough, but I just tried a Tackle-based build and it seems disastrously bad unless I've completely missed some mechanic to make it viable. The Tackle cards all have mediocre values PLUS self-damage and drafting a ton of that one card that reflects some-self damage doesn't seem viable

I've been enjoying the Slimebound mod, but I think you're right on Tackles. One or two in a deck isn't awful, since you can do a decent amount of self healing, but going full bore on Tackle seems bad.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I was gonna try slime but the servant is actually so good like it feels like someone who worked on the game made her.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

AkumaHokoru posted:

I was gonna try slime but the servant is actually so good like it feels like someone who worked on the game made her.

I feel the same way about Slimebound. It is incredibly polished and quite well-balanced, except for Licks perhaps being a bit too strong (though I see there's been a balance update just now which may have fixed that)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Slimebound was the first one i tried. Got dead branch halfway towards the first boss and rode it out to a first try heart kill; way faster than the base classes

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Tried The Servant out today too, that's a fun class as well. I really like the Knife/Protection mechanics. Haven't unlocked enough to play with the Temporal mechanics much yet.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

curiousCat posted:

I really like the Marisa mod.

what the gently caress is your character

quote:

I mean sure if you find three Oort clouds and Orichalcum you're gonna have an easy time but I don't think that's a good judgement for the character itself

you just posted a screenshot where you can do 98000 damage to everything on a hallway fight

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Verviticus posted:

what the gently caress is your character

https://youtu.be/v8ZXID1tPXs

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:neckbeard:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Verviticus posted:

you just posted a screenshot where you can do 98000 damage to everything on a hallway fight

I have 86 stacks of Marisa's passive in that screenshot, she gets a stack every time she plays a card, if she plays an attack she uses them up to do extra damage
that took about 15 turns to set up which I only had time to do cause I was only facing the spiky things which waste half their turns improving their spikes and then so single digit damage the rest of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Sockser posted:

Con’s over and I collected all our photos so here’s some cool shots-

*neat cosplays*

Next time, see if you can get two people to do an Awakened One in the same style as two people dressing as a horse, but when they take off that costume it's two cultists underneath.