Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dont negotiate with terrorists modbirb

defend our freedums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like your giraffe thread, pog.

thanks for your support in these trying times. check the thread -- i posted more giraffes :mufasa:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:yeah:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Modbird will you ungas the gassed threads?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I cannot. I need an admin to do it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Apparently FYAD and PYF switched places on the forums main page? I didn't notice, but that's how dio realized he had mod powers in FYAD, and probably how he was accidentally given PYF mod powers instead of FYAD powers in the first place.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ariong posted:

Apparently FYAD and PYF switched places on the forums main page? I didn't notice, but that's how dio realized he had mod powers in FYAD, and probably how he was accidentally given PYF mod powers instead of FYAD powers in the first place.

His 64 minute reign of terror will go down in infamy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Proteus Jones posted:

His 64 minute reign of terror will go down in infamy.

It was a valiant attempt at shaking up pyf. It was maybe funnier than the time every thread in the subforum got locked and the mod unlocked one for every x number of threads that were opened

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked it when they all got the same name change. I honestly didn't notice till someone pointed it out.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Was that the great Dunson'ing?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

man, miss a couple days of posting and the forums go nuts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RFC2324 posted:

man, miss a couple days of posting and the forums go nuts

This is why I never leave the forums not even for an hour

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

More like oldtimeless

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oldpainless posted:

This is why I never leave the forums not even for an hour

oldlifeless

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Speaking of changing the names of things, I still think that TCC should be renamed back to "The Getting High TeePee"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

GWBBQ posted:

Speaking of changing the names of things, I still think that TCC should be renamed back to "The Getting High TeePee"

Arm reduction.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr.Tophat posted:

Arm reduction.

Speaking of, anybody have the backpanther tattoo with the one arm photoshopped out?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Not exactly a saga, but Goon in SA Mart asks if anyone will sell a cheap replacement for their kid's phone because a bully stepped on it and broke the screen; within 3 hours someone offered a Nexus 6P (few years old, but was Google's high end flagship when released) for the cost of shipping and another goon offered to pay for shipping because bullies suck.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877844

uwimage posted:

He has a J6, cracked screen, figured I'd ask here since a lot of us know what it's like to be bullied. Totally happy to pay around $100 for a upgrade for him. I'll send you my ebay info, I've been on there since 1998, 100% positive. He's also an awesome kid, actually taking an engineering program in high school!!

My user name may or may not be attached to @hotmail.com but that would actually help you contact me sooner than me getting off my rear end, opening my laptop and logging in here...that might also be my ebay contact but I've only used the username since 1998...

Thanks for letting me beg here.

-uwimage

FUTURE JAZZ posted:

Hey, want a Nexus 6P for cost of shipping? Bullying is the pits.

Madness posted:

I'll cover the cost of shipping for the OP just let me know what I owe you. gently caress bullies.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean that is cute but the kid's original phone costs more than the 6P does :v: (though the 6P is overall probably a decent upgrade from the J6)

Little cool stuff like that happens a lot in SA-Mart if you keep an eye on it (also great deals)

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm waiting for the saga part to happen, where the OP says something shockingly racist/insane or reveals its some kind of scam or something

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Moose posted:

I'm waiting for the saga part to happen, where the OP says something shockingly racist/insane or reveals its some kind of scam or something

actually he's the bully, and trying to get a replacement for the stolen phone he broke

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

slaw

(subscribe to my Patreon to see the end of this post now, or wait 30 days to have it unlocked for free)

dog

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Was worth the wait.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

:cursed:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's been a long time since a poster had a full-on thermonuclear meltdown, but that's what happening in QCS right now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does the “Free WorstPoster” march on QCS gambit ever work? I always had the sense that our mods were much more likely to double down than ever reconsider, but maybe my small QCS sample size is skewing my impression.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
amethysts a dumbass

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That thread started out really stupid, and then OP disappeared for a little bit and there was some constructive and interesting discussion, then the OP came back and it instantly devolved into them furiously cursing out everyone who didn’t instantly and unconditionally agree with them. Very strange.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was Amethyst one of the Stymies or am I remembering wrong?

e: Oh yeah blue stymie.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ariong posted:

That thread started out really stupid, and then OP disappeared for a little bit and there was some constructive and interesting discussion, then the OP came back and it instantly devolved into them furiously cursing out everyone who didn’t instantly and unconditionally agree with them.
I think he was channelling the BotL zeitgeist there, because that's usually what happens with his posts.

Amethyst posted:

You are asking me to be polite to the point of obsequiousness in the face of a horde of incredibly rude idiots. I shall not.
Lol :gizz:×

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Subjunctive posted:

Does the “Free WorstPoster” march on QCS gambit ever work? I always had the sense that our mods were much more likely to double down than ever reconsider, but maybe my small QCS sample size is skewing my impression.

QCS is more a venting forum than a forum that accomplished anything.

That’s also why it kind of sucks.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sweet governance.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean quarantining all that poo poo to one forum is a pretty good idea.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

QCS is more a venting forum than a forum that accomplished anything.

That’s also why it kind of sucks.
It's really good for things like technical issues, or ads trying to install malware, etc. The problem with any sort of feedback forum is that it gives posters who want to post there more voice than posters who don't, so you have to always be aware of that. That doesn't make QCS useless, but it's also why decisions on QCS topics don't tend to get made right away.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Has making an "unban (blank)" thread *ever* worked and actually gotten said person unbanned? I'm genuinely curious.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

You guys got my hopes up that BotL was gone for good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Has making an "unban (blank)" thread *ever* worked and actually gotten said person unbanned? I'm genuinely curious.
Not as its own thread, I think. I know at least one person got themselves un-perma'd (Avshalom) by just asking nicely in QCS. I'm pretty sure I've lifted some others, and I know I've lifted some probations, but I can't remember if they were posts in QCS or PMs.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We've had mods de-modded and perma'd for being too erratic before. But I dont think anyone's gone all I Am John Galt and taken someone down.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jaguars! posted:

You guys got my hopes up that BotL was gone for good.

Seriously, he was the worst. He took this turn where he would be super contrarian and just hate everything while doing the SMG psuedointellectual thing. The best part is when he would do it in a long-lived thread like the Book Barn Joe Abercrombie thing and you could just look at his history in the thread to see him talking about how much he liked it a year or two before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Malachite_Dragon posted:

it wasnt a qcs thread but toys for rear end bum got unbanned for posting (spoiler tagged) pics of him sounding himself in the ausgbs thread way back when because everyone else who posted there was like wtf did he get banned for thats bullhsit

when the mod who did it reversed it they were like okay no more inlined pictures even in spoilers, also what the gently caress is wrong with australians