Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
somehow this makes the coming climate apocalypse and Hitler 2.0s feel more real. thanks brits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Fallen Hamprince posted:

polls predicted 2016 and brexit to within margin of error, the ~narrative~ interpreted those marginal leads to mean certain victory for clinton and remain

Several pollsters giving Remain a double digits lead only months before the vote.

"Hrm yes this is within the margin of error"

Fans has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Jan 7, 2019

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

look the basic thing is what is more important to you: staying in the EU or getting a corbyn government?

if you choose the one that lets you continue to eat tomatoes and take insulin you aren't leftist enough imo

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I guess it's hard to seize the means of production when you aren't producing anything

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Hentai Jihadist posted:

look the basic thing is what is more important to you: staying in the EU or getting a corbyn government?

if you choose the one that lets you continue to eat tomatoes and take insulin you aren't leftist enough imo

All those people who died from austerity deserved it for not being middle class enough IMO.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

One thing which pollsters have not historically called within margin of error would be general elections between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Irony Be My Shield posted:

One thing which pollsters have not historically called within margin of error would be general elections

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Seriously British polling is loving dire

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Gum posted:

Seriously British polling is loving dire

Exit polls are good though. I usually just wait for them and then start celebrating or screaming in rage and get to bed by 12 or so.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Mackers posted:

The gently caress it does. The only people who care about NI in Ireland are 72 and puking their dole money up in an alley.

weird how they keep electing all these hardliners

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
What is so bad about t-May’s deal anyway? If the hard core brexiteers dont like it, isn’t that a good thing?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hakimashou posted:

What is so bad about t-May’s deal anyway? If the hard core brexiteers dont like it, isn’t that a good thing?

They don't like it because it isn't a hard enough brexit that'll let them sell the country instantly to the us

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1082226913442177024

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I was going write post explaining how bad May's deal is, and then it occurred that I didn't know if it tied Britain into the new EU tax harmonisation rules that rich Brexiters are so terrified about for "totally legitimate reasons"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is the idea of chris grayling

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1082170621960876032
https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1082173234643120129
https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1082185282877882368
https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1082189454566219777

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bet the monarchy will be fed

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Wait who is paying for these trucks to voluntarily drive there and hang about ?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Who are they meant to represent? It's a very weird thng

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

We are ready for Brexit because we can jam traffic?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this will really put the EU on their back foot

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wait...waaaaaaait a minute. This is all just an elaborate Monty Pyton sketch isn't it?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Wait who is paying for these trucks to voluntarily drive there and hang about ?

The taxpayer. In news that will surprise no-one, only 80 of the planned 150 lorries turned up. That's half a ferry-load.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The taxpayer doesn't pay for anything

"taxpayers money" is a right wing talking point, it's government money and they print it at will

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-politics-live

quote:

Barclay says it is not enough to MPs to be against something. They have to decide what they want. Referring to the letter, signed by more than 200 MPs, urging the government to rule out a no-deal Brexit, he says those MPs favour a variety of alternative options.

:thunk:

haha yeah imagine just voting against something without any idea of what will happen if you win

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

alphabettitouretti posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-politics-live

:thunk:

haha yeah imagine just voting against something without any idea of what will happen if you win

i'm pretty sure what they want is "not a no deal brexit"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Which is at least more of a position than brexiteers plan of voting leave then trying to satisfy everyone's different idea of what leaving actually involves.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

namesake posted:

Exit polls are good though.

its really hard to gently caress up a poll with a sample size in the tens of thousands

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

What's going on here then?

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1082310884070965250

Olympic Mathlete has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Jan 7, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/CallumCant1/status/1082311738811396096

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its really hard to gently caress up a poll with a sample size in the tens of thousands

It really isn't

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Themage posted:

i bet the monarchy will be fed

to whom?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

It means the country has to wait two years before being destroyed by US interests rather than immediately.

They don't want to wait and the rest of us don't really want the slow walk towards your lovely unregulated food.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

destroying your own country out of made up fears of eurabia is nothing? harumph

just lol that the sick man of europe is britain now

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
lmao hamprince is citing yougov as the "better pollster" despite the fact that the one time their polls were accurate in the last decade they promptly binned the model in horror and predicted a tory landslide against Corbyn

it is very important when chatting poo poo to not just say demonstrably wrong things all the time

Raskolnikov38 posted:

pollsters eat the hats

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

can't wait to finally win the war of 1812 by attacking the UK with poisoned romaine lettuce

I googled and poo poo and y'all only take 4% of your food imports from North America, congrats i guess. the main thing you get from us is wine and we're like fourth on that list even

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

oystertoadfish posted:

can't wait to finally win the war of 1812 by attacking the UK with poisoned romaine lettuce

I googled and poo poo and y'all only take 4% of your food imports from North America, congrats i guess. the main thing you get from us is wine and we're like fourth on that list even

"chlorinated chicken is actually better for you than animals that werent kept in their own poo poo in the first place" - the rt hon baghdad bob, mp for Wickham

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

oystertoadfish posted:

the beef will be what gets us. nothing thats seen a growth hormone is allowed to be imported into the EU, but once that block is gone how will we resist that vast cheap roided beef supply.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spangly A posted:

lmao hamprince is citing yougov as the "better pollster" despite the fact that the one time their polls were accurate in the last decade they promptly binned the model in horror and predicted a tory landslide against Corbyn

it is very important when chatting poo poo to not just say demonstrably wrong things all the time

pollsters eat the hats

it's p impressive how bad he is at concealing the fact he doesn't know the first thing about something he's opining at length and with great authority on

if you can't be bothered to use google at least use a bunch of impenetrable PPE speak to baffle the people who have actually looked at a newspaper

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Spangly A posted:

But if Hamprince had to restrict himself to not being demonstrably wrong all the time then he'd never post ohhhhhh, right. Right. I get it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Yougov polling a few months out from an election is probably bang on though, hang on let me just check