Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

EmmyOk posted:

It rules extremely hard and I need to get around to Transistor this year

Transistor never clicked with me that much but I loved Pyre. It's a visual novel + sports RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
does beating Darker Side in Mario Odyssey count

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

I don't know, what do you think bitch?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Yes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i got the credits roll in dq11 but i've had enough harder monsters so i'm turning it off

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
2) Dusk

Level design got a lot better in the third episode but the new enemies were kind of lazy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got the credits roll in dq11 but i've had enough harder monsters so i'm turning it off

That's definitely not the end of the game you retard

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

strong contender for most cucked out post of 2019 so far

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he just said he was turning hard mode off. i never even turned it on in the first place personally

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

he just said he was turning hard mode off. i never even turned it on in the first place personally

*fry face* we'll see..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I turned on No XP from easy monsters but that was it. Shypox seemed like it would be funny but infuriating

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's definitely not the end of the game you retard

I meant im.dturning off harder monsters

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 7, 2019

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I gave you draqon quest 8 and I have pmayed thru every dq but 10. Do nit troll me again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Enough toxicity! Time to join GOAT poster rediscover on his very own imp.zone forums

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Phew

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
As sheet. Got the hosed around message

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I meant im.dturning off harder monsters

Turn off your monitor, to see the true monster.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

I gave you draqon quest 8 and I have pmayed thru every dq but 10. Do nit troll me again

oh poo poo.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The act 2 boss took like 30 minutes cuz of the additional hp and the thought of Real Last Bosses with 10x hp on harder monsters was giving me a rash

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Earthbound

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I gave you draqon quest 8. Answer me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spb posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

spb posted:

He did, and I legit forgot. I lent my copy to a friend who moved away & took it with him. Lyle maintained balance in the gamer force.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin. Still gotta do the DLC and kill Vendrick and poo poo though . That final boss fight is so slow and ez

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

finished ace attorney 3, that was definitely the best one of the trilogy and the last case was insanely good. gonna take a break from the series for a bit before playing 4-6 i think.

also finished tokyo xanadu ex, its pretty far down the list of Falcom games id recommend to ppl who don't have otaku brainworms but i enjoyed it. there's some fun tag-fighter-y mechanics to the combat that i kinda hope they roll into the next Ys game since it sells the character swapping gameplay better than Ys 8 did.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

goferchan posted:

Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin. Still gotta do the DLC and kill Vendrick and poo poo though . That final boss fight is so slow and ez

That fight sucks poo poo

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
battlefield 4 platinum. single player was whatever, story was really dumb, but the challenge trophies made it tolerable (minus one of them). multiplayer was slightly less fun than i remember playing on release but probably because now its all brazilians with bad ping

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dawn of Sorrow Julius mode. Really awesome alternate mode, the character swapping was really cool and everyone definitely has uses

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

lets hang out posted:

4. Shinrei Jusatsushi Tarōmaru (1cc)

A famously rare Saturn game, feels like something Treasure could have made. Has a lock-on system that lets you shoot enemies on any level but only once your crosshair has reached them. Its unusual mechanics make for some satisfyingly technical play. It took me a while to find a control setup that was comfortable but I ended up having a lot of fun with it. If you're using a gamepad I recommend putting the shield on one of the triggers so that you can hit it easily.

wot were your controller/bindings

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Starting off the year strong with

1. Yakuza Kiwami. I learned mahjong playing through 4 in 2017 so this one took me longer than it should have. It’s sad that this series is probably the best mahjong game on the market that isn’t an old super famicom game.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Ratchet & Clank (2016)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Finished some games over the weekend and forgot to post about them.

5. Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

Bought this when it came out but didn't play it at all for a few years. It's a fast bullet hell shmup with a lot of bosses and unlockable ships, a scoring system based around killing enemies quickly and/or from close range, and a big emphasis on getting your rank up, which is displayed on screen at all times and goes from 1 to 500. You can choose what rank you start the game at, like selecting a difficulty level. The game becomes incredibly frantic when you hit triple digits, it gives you a ton of bombs and you need every single one. You unlock more ships, alternate stages, and higher starting ranks as you play the game, I'm not sure if it's just time-based or total score or what. I'm going to be playing this a lot more, it's genuinely a blast.

6. The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED]

Retro throwback to old platforming adventure games like Another World and Prince of Persia. The 4 color CGA graphics and animation are really striking. Had a great time through the tutorial and two of the locations afterward, but the gun-focused area completely sapped all my enthusiasm away. Spent the whole time fighting with the controls, which worked pretty well for the rest of the game but completely fell apart when it came to cover shooting and scripted running sequences.

7. Resident Evil 5

Fun in coop but miserable alone. The partner AI is awful and you have to spend 100% of your time babysitting it.

Chill Callahan posted:

wot were your controller/bindings

I have a USB Saturn pad, and played it in SSF which has autofire built in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lets hang out posted:

I have a USB Saturn pad

*squints*

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It owns, I imported it a long time ago. I think they're kind of rare now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can you do a clean 1080 dust on that bad boy?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I have a USB Saturn pad, and played it in SSF which has autofire built in.

thats cool. im using a 360 controller but havent really found a usable binding

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

i probalby won't beat any but maybe

Same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lets hang out posted:

7. Resident Evil 5

Fun in coop but miserable alone. The partner AI is awful and you have to spend 100% of your time babysitting it.

Have you played RE6 yet. It's way better solo than 5 since you don't need to babysit the AI as much and (more importantly) you don't have to manage their inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I can't really count this as a full game but I finally got around to the Spirit of Justice DLC case....and was a bit underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious early on who the real culprit is, there's only two characters other than the defendant. It seems like the writers got a bit carried away on the time travel gimmick.