Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

If you have to deliberately misinterpret multiple stories to make your point then your point is probably pretty stupid.

Also, why is that guy constantly giving his wife compliments that he knows she doesn’t care for? He just casually mentions that but doesn’t seem to think maybe he should change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (28F) husband (28M) was a kissless virgin when we met at 19. I was a virgin, but did everything else with 4 different guys before him. I know it bothers him, once a year or so he'd go into a depression about it. He has terminal cancer (cries) & I want him to experience other women before he goes[new] (self.relationships)

Uhhh so girls enjoy dancing so much because they literally orgasm on the dance floor. Got it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Do you SERIOUSLY think wiping PAPER on your FECES COVERED BUTTHOLE actually cleans it?

Compared to a baby wipe (e.g. the thing we were talking about you loving doofus) yes several wipes with TP does approximately the same amount of "cleaning". If you disagree then it's because you don't know how to wipe properly and that's sad for you

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 7, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lot going on in this one

Am I (f/38) right to be upset with my sister (F/25) who got my OCD BF (m/24) a ATP bacterial meter on his birthday?

comments

This is better than the time I bought my 2yo niece a pair of bongos for xmas

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Papa Emeritus III posted:

lmao hooooooly poo poo. I bet your brother was pissed.

He was really just confused because it seemed like such a strange gift. The same aunt once gave my sister a large gift, inside which was a smaller box, inside which was a smaller box, and so on, and so forth, until what started as probably a 1ft x 1ft x 1ft cube ended up containing earrings. My sister didn’t have pierced ears at the time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pirate Radar posted:

He was really just confused because it seemed like such a strange gift. The same aunt once gave my sister a large gift, inside which was a smaller box, inside which was a smaller box, and so on, and so forth, until what started as probably a 1ft x 1ft x 1ft cube ended up containing earrings. My sister didn’t have pierced ears at the time.

This aunt owns.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Those ATP meters have actual use in industry, where they're used to check 'did we clean and sanitise this stainless-steel equipment thoroughly enough?'. A positive result means you get out the chemicals and do it again.
Lol at using it on a sandwich though. It's food! Of course it's going to test positive!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

(South Carolina) BIL had a no paramour clause in his divorce. He pretended his girlfriend was the live in nanny and his ex and the court know

In my mind he's a moron but my wife is worried about him. His wife divorced him because he cheated. In the divorce there is a no paramour clause for both of them (no overnight guests or introducing romantic partners to their son who is 6). They share custody and he told the court and his ex wife that he was hiring a live in nanny to live in basement apartment of the townhouse he is renting since he works full time. There was no issue with him having a nanny for his son since custody is shared. Well my idiot BIL was actually sleeping with a second woman while he was married. He moved her in as the nanny but she is his girlfriend and doesn't actually live in the basement. His ex gave proof to the court. Now that his ex and the court know he broke the clause what will happen? It has also come out he was with this woman as well when he was married.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Saw that one earlier and was curious. What would happen if you legitimately hired a live-in nanny and then started sleeping with her?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

Saw that one earlier and was curious. What would happen if you legitimately hired a live-in nanny and then started sleeping with her?

If you're consenting adults? Nothing.

I'm fuzzy on the details but in the last year or two it was ruled somewhere that you can legally sleep with your clients if you're a salesperson. As someone who is in their mid 40's and works in finance where the average client age is 60+ this has been both a boon and a curse to me.

I guess you could technically have a legal prostitution business if you do the Big Lots! business model where you buy tons of cheap poo poo at bankruptcy auctions and then gently caress your clients in exchange for them buying several pallets of discounted action figures for a failed cartoon.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*Walks into grandma's place. The entire house is filled with old Beyblade toys.*

"Oh I don't even want to think of this right now."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cumshitter posted:

I'm fuzzy on the details but in the last year or two it was ruled somewhere that you can legally sleep with your clients if you're a salesperson. As someone who is in their mid 40's and works in finance where the average client age is 60+ this has been both a boon and a curse to me.

I guess you could technically have a legal prostitution business if you do the Big Lots! business model where you buy tons of cheap poo poo at bankruptcy auctions and then gently caress your clients in exchange for them buying several pallets of discounted action figures for a failed cartoon.

I meant with regards to the no-paramour clause (legally distinct from a no-Paramore clause)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cumshitter posted:

Gotta say that after loving someone on a huge pile of Bop-It!'s sex has never been quite as exciting.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Gotta say that after loving someone on a huge pile of Bop-It!'s sex has never been quite as exciting.

"Twist it!"

*Twists it*

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

cumshitter posted:

There's a very limited set of specialties within Sales where touching the customer is appropriate. Apparently they're all legal now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, if dining out with your vendors isnt a reenactment of "baby its cold outside" are they even really trying?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pirate Radar posted:

I meant with regards to the no-paramour clause (legally distinct from a no-Paramore clause)
Well, I mean, a no-paramour clause does sound like miserable business.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Incoherence posted:

Well, I mean, a no-paramour clause does sound like miserable business.

Yeah, but sometimes that’s what you get when you leave your wife.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I don't even understand the mental gymnastics involved where a person can exist and walk around with poo poo caked to their rear end in a top hat and be fine with it.

I stand behind my 12 lizards very slowly and stupidly circling my corpse in an empty apartment life plan if it means that I never, ever encounter a dude who doesn't wash his rear end in a top hat and also defends not washing his rear end in a top hat. That is loving scorched earth, ghost him, change your name territory.

Alternatively if my husband suddenly decided to stop washing his rear end in a top hat, I would make sure the judge, the court and every person I'd ever met knew the reason behind my divorce. poo poo is gross. Clean your butthole!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

cumshitter posted:

n. As someone who is in their mid 40's and works in finance where the average client age is 60+ this has been both a boon and a curse to me.

hahaha nice.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My wife (29F) refuses to compliment me (30M) as much as I need

I can't imagine tolerating someone that seeks constant validation. Do compliments still hold their meaning when you repeat them incessantly?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

hahaha nice.

I can't imagine tolerating someone that seeks constant validation. Do compliments still hold their meaning when you repeat them incessantly?

Having been in a 4 months relationship with a narcissist, the secret to maintaining their attention is to offer increasingly granular and insightful observations about their good qualities. This is a process which will inevitably reach a point of diminishing returns, for the ego of a narcissist is a black hole into which even the most poetic words are absorbed and ultimately annihilated. When you have nothing more to say, the relationship will disintegrate if there is nothing else they have to extract from being involved with you.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 7, 2019

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (28F) husband (28M) was a kissless virgin when we met at 19. I was a virgin, but did everything else with 4 different guys before him. I know it bothers him, once a year or so he'd go into a depression about it. He has terminal cancer (cries) & I want him to experience other women before he goes[new] (self.relationships)

Jesus, this lady needs to learn when to shut the hell up. You should be honest when your SO asks you things, but don't just tell them hurtful details unprompted for no reason

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I used to do that when I was younger. They do indeed lose their meaning, and do not in fact lead to the other person complimenting you more! Quite the opposite, it makes your partner slowly begin to resent you. Hopefully he pairs it with enough other insecure behaviors so that he burns his marriage to the ground sooner and his wife can go live her life away from his needy selfish rear end.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My (37F) husband (41M) has become a conspiracy theorist who believes aliens control the world. At first it was a bit of a quirk but now its become a serious problem.

u/wielemwire4

This all started about 8 months ago. We've been married for 9 years and have 2 kids, a boy (2 years old) and a girl (7 years old).

My husband spends a lot of time on internet forums discussing politics and history and all kinds of stuff, and I guess recently he began to delve into conspiracy forums. I specifically remember him asking me to watch these videos which, to me, sounded laughably ridiculous, and we would get in debates about whether they were real or not. I didn't believe them, he did. A lot.

For a bit it died down when he realized nothing would convince me, but I knew that he was still invested in the concept of the conspiracies. Then he just sort of went nuts for a week. He just kept on bringing up conspiracies about aliens. He did it at a little dinner party we threw and everyone at the dinner laughed at him, they thought he was joking, but I saw in his face that he was really upset they didn't believe him. He thought what he was saying was SURE to blow their minds away. After that he got sort of upset and kept on saying that nobody believes him and everyone thinks he is crazy, but hes not crazy, he knows its real and he feels like nobody believes him. I didn't even know what to say. He is acting crazy, and nobody believes him, including me. The conspiracies, no matter how much I point out the logical holes in them, have taken over his entire view of the world since then. He starts talking about it now when we just try to do normal things. Especially in regards to food, he goes CRAZY over food, he thinks all of it is filled with stuff that makes us complacent.

Honestly, I am not even gonna go into details with the conspiracy itself. Its really more like dozens of conspiracies which are separate from each other, but all individually contribute to his worldview. Its funny, because they often contradict each other, yet he refuses to acknowledge that.

Since that dinner incident, that was a marked turning point I think. His paranoia has sort of gone off the deep end. Or not even really paranoia actually. He seems kind of totally fine with the conspiracy, for instance he talks about the food, but then has no problem eating it. His attitude is still happy and jolly and the same, its just the actual things he talks about... well, they are wacko.

I don't think this is something wrong, like a mental illness. I genuinely think he is a sane man who has fallen for some crazy propaganda on the internet. I've recommended therapy but he doesn't even think about it as a possibility, of course. Luckily, my daughter doesn't believe him at all. Smart for a 7 year old.

What do I do?

TL:DR - - - - husband is a conspiracy theorist who thinks aliens control everything.

:tinfoil:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Has he noticed she's been cheating on him for over a decade?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

empty sea posted:

I stand behind my 12 lizards very slowly and stupidly circling my corpse in an empty apartment life plan

this but unqualified

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The story with this one is dumb young 20s bullshit, but...

My BF(20M6’1) “MISSED” and “WANTED” his last EX(20F5’3) while dating ME(20F5’7). What do I do

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

My BF(20M6’1) “MISSED” and “WANTED” his last EX(20F5’3) while dating ME(20F5’7). What do I do

Lol, are heights in post titles a thing, now? Move on. He’s not ready.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I don't sympathize with it, but I absolutely appreciate listing the heights of the parties involved.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, are heights in post titles a thing, now? Move on. He’s not ready.

People who care about heights are 100% crazy.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

“EXHAUSTED” reading this loving (((TITLE))) to be honest

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I let my [22f] year long GF know that I slept with a hooker 3 months ago to get it off my chest. Now i feel like i've broken the trust between us beyond repair.

quote:

TL;DR : I confessed yesterday to my year long gf that during a vacation abroad in August curiosity got the best of me and I had my first - and last - experience with a prostitute. It was horrible and I didn't enjoy anything about it, yet she's devastated because she can't get over the fact that I cheated with her with a hooker. How can I make it up to her ?

Context : I was enjoying 2 weeks in Spain with some friends. We had a terrific time overall but near the end of our trip, a good friend of mine convinced me to go to a brothel in Barcelona. Talked all trip long about how beautiful the girls are, how awesome the experience is and whatnot. I won't lie, I was kinda curious about the whole thing. So I went for it. It was awful. I couldnt stop thinking about my gf, I was so full of guilt I couldn't even get hard. Ended up leaving after 20 minutes even tho I paid 70 euros for 45 minutes. Felt guilty about the whole thing ever since.

Additional context : my gf and I have been together for a little bit more than a year. I deeply love her and she loves me too. But I made some very selfish decisions that nearly broke our couple apart.

Near the end of November, I kinda forced her to take a break from our relationship. I broke up with her because I cheated on her one time with another girl. I didn't want to disrespect her by having a side chick so I broke up and ended up having a 2 week official relationship with the other girl. In the end, I came to my senses and realised that my gf, who has some very strong qualities (super intelligent, hard working, very supportive, funny, gifted in bed and has a nice career ahead of her to top it off) was far more valuable to me than any other girl. So I blocked the other girl everywhere, then I begged my gf to give me another chance. And she did. But this seriously damaged her trust in me.

Now with this hooker story resurfacing I feel I have done lethal damage to our relationship. I'd really appreciate it if you guys had similar stories to share, and to those of you who ended up succeeding in making things right, how did you do it ?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LadyPictureShow posted:

I let my [22f] year long GF know that I slept with a hooker 3 months ago to get it off my chest. Now i feel like i've broken the trust between us beyond repair.

Gee, ya think?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

LadyPictureShow posted:

My BF(20M6’1)[220lb]{8===4.1'===D~~~} “MISSED” and “WANTED” his last EX(20F5’3)[120lb]{(.)36DD(.)} while dating ME(20F5’7)[170lb]{(.)33A(.)}. What do I do

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LadyPictureShow posted:

I wonder where this brain genius went wrong. :thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Didn’t officially date the hooker, IMO.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
4 feet is a prodigious wang

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Continued breathing

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

sneakyfrog posted:

4 feet is a prodigious wang
Thanks, I try not to make a "big" deal out of it.

Also, I'm bad at moon units so I don't know if the weights are funny or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I hope she leaves you for good this time. I also hope the replies are not siding with this idiot.

Generic Monk posted:

“EXHAUSTED” reading this loving (((TITLE))) to be honest

:same: