Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
There's probably a Stand out there that can tell you what someone's stand abilities are by reading Jotaro's PhD thesis or something. Either that or Keicho hacked the Speedwagon foundation's lovely 90s computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1081922976402927617

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFocpNG_r4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jotaro says he's not used The World since killing DIO when he uses it to avoid Crazy Diamond clocking him.
Imagine being able to stop time but not using it to get to work or run red lights safely.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jotaro says he's not used The World since killing DIO when he uses it to avoid Crazy Diamond clocking him.
Imagine being able to stop time but not using it to get to work or run red lights safely.

Being really lazy about keeping your broken magic powers up to snuff seems to run in the family

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He'd have to pick up the car with Star Platinum to do that and it's hell on the suspension.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm now picturing Stand Users Flintstoning around in their cars and wondering why Araki never made that happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can argue that Joseph didn't keep up with hamon so that he'd age at the same rate as his wife and if you look at it that way, it makes sense.

There's no reason why Jotaro wouldn't keep up with Star Platinum - The World.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
douglas' kira is interesting so far. He sounds much more bitter, calling his office job "miserable which im not sure how i feel about. he also speeds through some lines, but that comes with the territory. The "I forget your name" bit is the best part, I liked that a lot

One thing I appreciate about anime Kira's voice the more I think about it is just his breathiness. Go back and listen to the Beautiful Duwang scene and listen to how much air passes through his lungs Utsukushi machi daaaa! Morioh-chooo... Konna subarashi machi ga hoka ni aru kanaaaa." He sounds so genuinely at peace where Douglas sounds meaner in his personal time, but this is based off like 60 seconds.

e: if you ever want a reminder of how good Morikawa was at Kira, this is honestly one of my favorite JoJo fan-made things
https://youtu.be/svE60ic4akE

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 6, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1069624862627352576?s=21

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

douglas' kira is interesting so far. He sounds much more bitter, calling his office job "miserable which im not sure how i feel about. he also speeds through some lines, but that comes with the territory. The "I forget your name" bit is the best part, I liked that a lot

One thing I appreciate about anime Kira's voice the more I think about it is just his breathiness. Go back and listen to the Beautiful Duwang scene and listen to how much air passes through his lungs Utsukushi machi daaaa! Morioh-chooo... Konna subarashi machi ga hoka ni aru kanaaaa." He sounds so genuinely at peace where Douglas sounds meaner in his personal time, but this is based off like 60 seconds.

A bit of constant, simmering rage is an acceptable interpretation of Kira, I think. Just look at how he treats his 'girlfriends'.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sattou starting the year strong

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I figure he calls his job miserable because it's the "normal" thing to say. Even when he's talking to a severed arm, he still feels like being in character.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, what bugs me is that his job is part of his quiet life, it's his alibi, his mask, the place where he blends in. Hell he's respected there, women want to eat with him, guys try to drink with him. He even calls his boss in the middle of the final fight to say he'll be late. So "miserable" just feels out of character to me

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You can argue that Joseph didn't keep up with hamon so that he'd age at the same rate as his wife and if you look at it that way, it makes sense.

There's no reason why Jotaro wouldn't keep up with Star Platinum - The World.

what if the timestop doesn't work underwater and Jotaro is just using Star Platnium's ability to do really detailed sketches of fish???

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Expect My Mom posted:

He even calls his boss in the middle of the final fight to say he'll be late.

Well, that was Kosaku's boss. Unless they worked at the same job.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I figured Jotaro didn't train his time stop anymore because there was no reason to use it. I realize it's ridiculous to assume he didn't fight any stand users for like a decade, but there were very important fish to research.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, that was Kosaku's boss. Unless they worked at the same job.

either way Kira loves work!!!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

his voice has an uncanny Jim Cummings-ian quality to it

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah, what bugs me is that his job is part of his quiet life, it's his alibi, his mask, the place where he blends in. Hell he's respected there, women want to eat with him, guys try to drink with him. He even calls his boss in the middle of the final fight to say he'll be late. So "miserable" just feels out of character to me

To me it kinda sounded like he chuckled when he said it, like it's a typical thing to say about a job in a small town, kinda just because you're not "supposed" to enjoy your job, but he doesn't hate his job

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kira openly expressing how much he loves his dead-end office drone salary man job would make him stand out and he can't have that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In Japan, I don't think that's entirely true tho.

Granted Kira doesn't go out drinking with everyone at 8pm right after getting off work so he already stands out a lot

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

In Japan, I don't think that's entirely true tho.

Granted Kira doesn't go out drinking with everyone at 8pm right after getting off work so he already stands out a lot

Well that's because he wants to come across as boring. And he does go out with his co workers sometimes, they note that he just does really enjoy it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Already hard enough to stay hidden and plain when you're just david bowie

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

Already hard enough to stay hidden and plain when you're just david bowie

*and your opponent can use cameras to divine your location

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the problem w/ any kira dub is that the japanese VA is so perfect you can't unhear it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

His voice is basically 1:1 Christian Bale in American Psycho which is what Kira basically is, so it's good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Expect My Mom posted:

e: if you ever want a reminder of how good Morikawa was at Kira, this is honestly one of my favorite JoJo fan-made things
https://youtu.be/svE60ic4akE

:same:

also one of my favourite Undertale fan-made things, it's just so loving great at working in references to both. Thanks for reminding me of it, I hadn't watched it for quite a while!

aaaaaah The Hand is one of the best bits

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Is Japan having some holiday or what's going on with 13.5

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
well it is new years

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
What I'm hearing here is that Kira is voiced by Wesker and that's about as close to perfect casting as I can think of

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Willsun posted:

Is Japan having some holiday or what's going on with 13.5

New Years is to Japan what Christmas is to the western world. Let the poor underpaid animators rest their tired (but strong) arms for a few days

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jotaro's time stop seems connected to how pissed off he is. Against DIO at first he's really pissed off, as DIO has killed his grandpa, his Egyptian pal, and his boyfriend. Probably also his dog friend. He is a little pissed off at Josuke because he's a punk and Jotaro has become old enough. Against Kira the first time, he sees Kira as some punk with a good Stand and treats him like he treated Dan of Steel. Against Kira the second time, he's fed up with all this Morioh bullshit and also inspired by Koichi's dependable spirit.

Could Jotaro and Rohan team up to create the ultimate animated form of Pink Dark Boy?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What if Rohan wrote on Jotaro that he could stop time as long as he wanted?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This would probably end up killing Jotaro or mentally breaking him or whatever happens when you try to stop time for too long.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This would probably end up killing Jotaro or mentally breaking him or whatever happens when you try to stop time for too long.

Nothing that tacking a "without side effects" onto the end of it can't fix.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Could he write it on anyone else and still have it work?

And now that I think about it, could he have just written "I know Kira Yoshikage's new identity" on somone to instantly locate him? I mean, he could make Koichi speak perfect Italian just by writing it on him, so he clearly has the ability to just make people know things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, that time he sent Cheap Trick to Michigan.