Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah it was really unclear if Vettel was #1 driver, that was the problem, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The problem was the drivers.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In USA Ferrari was really great with the strategy why the gently caress they couldnt do the same the rest of the year?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

In USA Ferrari was really great with the strategy why the gently caress they couldnt do the same the rest of the year?

Because it wasnt strategic brilliance it was a broken clock correctly showing half past pitlane

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut up.

The twitter racing press also is saying that Mekies will replace Jock Clear at trackside. The baldman will be young master SHarleclair race engineer.

Simone Di Resta also will return from Sauber but nobody knows when.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

It never gets old watching Ferrari Ferrari themselves. Missed the championship by a few points? Better COMPLETELY OVERHAUL THE ENTIRE COMPANY STRUCTURE leaving no trace or continuity from the old team. "Whats that we're 5th in the championship again? How did this happen?"

Ferrari is loving retarded, OP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is this a smooth brain colony or something cause holy lmao.

Binotto owns and his firm steady hand is gonna guide big Shaaaaarrrrrl to the title this year. Ferrari has finally found the missing pieces.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

Hola Ferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

Is this a smooth brain colony or something cause holy lmao.

Binotto owns and his firm steady hand is gonna guide big Shaaaaarrrrrl to the title this year. Ferrari has finally found the missing pieces.

I'm reserving my judgement on Binotto until he fires Vettel.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm reserving my judgement on Binotto until he fires Vettel.

Vettel is a perfectly adequate number 3 driver I don’t see any reason to rock the boat.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah firing Vettel is a bit harsh hes more than capable of leading their eSports team when they get one

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 7, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ferrari needs to enter Formula E like all the other forward-thinking manufacturers have. Formula E is the future.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hola Ferrari

Why are you saying hello to yourself

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go back to reddit, you fuckman

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
From reading Ross's book, I've learned that every team who does not have Ross is a bad team which is doomed. That's all the teams now, by the way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

From reading Ross's book, I've learned that every team who does not have Ross is a bad team which is doomed. That's all the teams now, by the way.

checks out

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Official

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Godspeed, you hot silver fox

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

GramCracker posted:

Seriously though. They are like a trigger-happy premiership football team; any whiff of failure and everyone apart from the cleaning staff is out of the door.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brainwrong posted:

Seriously though. They are like a trigger-happy premiership football team; any whiff of failure and everyone apart from the cleaning staff is out of the door.

So the ManU of teams. Insufferable to everyone else but their fans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

So like the DoctorGonzo of F1 teams?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

To be fair to them the rumours were Binotto was ready to jump ship and Arrivabene has been largely useless so having him fall on the sword to keep Binotto made sense.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Mourinho to Ferrari. Book it Elkman

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah it was really unclear if Vettel was #1 driver, that was the problem, sure

Yeah, whatever problems Ferrari had, this wasn't it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in germany and in italia they have should told raikkonen to move the gently caress out. vettel sucked anyways but raikkonen should have totally moved

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Arrivabene's time on the Juve board is probably more demanding now that they have to deal with the 10 billion sponsors of Ronaldo as well as the various payouts to referees and the league/UEFA.

I imagine his failure combined with the time split between two gigantic sporting enterprises was enough for Ferrari to want to find someone more dedicated.

Brainwrong posted:

But also this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gigi Galli posted:

Arrivabene's time on the Juve board is probably more demanding now that they have to deal with the 10 billion sponsors of Ronaldo as well as the various payouts to referees and the league/UEFA.

I imagine his failure combined with the time split between two gigantic sporting enterprises was enough for Ferrari to want to find someone more dedicated.

But also this.

Milan fan spotted

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read that the board is also considering Camillieri position so Arrivabene position in the team was really weak

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

With this recent honda news, iospace take note, i'll have a 3 month probe if RBR ends up in the top 3, and a month anytime max wins a race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Since I'm a F1 Thread newbie, I figure I better fit in and put in my own toxx for the upcoming season.

:toxx: Leclerc will finish with more WDC points than Vettel in 2019.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
ban me if lance stroll doesnt out perform kubica

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm tempted to get GP2ex to craft me a toxx involving some combination of Sauber and Leclerk, but then again, gently caress that guy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Probate me for a week for every race Lewis Hamilton (🙌🏽) doesn’t win, and ban me if anyone else wins the WDC in 2019.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

ban me if lance stroll doesnt out perform kubica

This is a good post.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Probate me for a week for every race Lewis Hamilton (🙌🏽) doesn’t win, and ban me if anyone else wins the WDC in 2019.
Probably the least daring toxx on this page. Sad.

Also, this guy
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/arrivabene-man-few-friends-ferrari
says Arrivabene ran the team with a culture of intimidation and fear, by being dismissive aggressive and offensive using one-dimensional thinking. In Italian terms, "passion"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just ban me if anyone but Merc wins the WDC I guess. gently caress it.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Just ban me if anyone but Merc wins the WDC I guess. gently caress it.

might as well ban him now, as its stroll wdc year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Sigh. Okay, let me get in on the fun.

:toxx: I'll take a probe of whatever duration Iospace decides to hand down if Kimi podiums in a loving Sauber.