Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hence the technically: technically Ed could evict him and take his keys and so on. We know he won't, but yeah. This is part of why you have to be really careful with the boundaries and respect in this kind of relationship. Parents as landlords is tricky...and it could be an interesting and relevant dynamic to explore in this comic strip, given that more and more people are moving back in with their parents due to economics, but Dustin? Actually look at that thoughtfully? Hahahaha.

Maybe Dustin should try adding a room onto the house for that neighbor kid. It would show gumption and problem solving skills. Probably wouldn't need to run that past anybody until it came time to choose the paint colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Julet Esqu posted:

Maybe Dustin should try adding a room onto the house for that neighbor kid. It would show gumption and problem solving skills. Probably wouldn't need to run that past anybody until it came time to choose the paint colors.

The deepest, longest sigh

why are so many newspaper comics so terrible

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andy Capp

November 27, 1957

"Give over, woman! - this is the last time I buy yer a bunch o' flowers!"

Heathcliff Old and New

Ballard Street

October 14, 2002

Outbursts of Everett True

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
ed needs dustin to live there so he has a convenient scapegoat

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

And Toni was concerned about what they would think of the paint color. These idiots.

Know how you could have saved more money?

Bought an air mattress for the kid instead of building a new room.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tiggum posted:

This is regular Alley Oop. Li'l Oop is basically a separate comic that runs on Sundays while the main, adult Alley Oop runs the others six days. We won't see the first Li'l Oop till next week.

Ooohhh...well now that I know that the concept sounds a lot less ridiculous.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Contract jobs refer to temporary positions. At will employment might be the better translation but I didn't have that much space.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just standing in a street corner munching dozen bananas.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Edge of loving

Jam "Mordock" Esallen.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Angry Charlotte was too perfect

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kennel posted:

The real American Dream.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

hahahaha I was trying to find archaic french

:) More like Long Island

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Strontium posted:

random Intelligent Life

How is Reddick so drat bad at this?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

How is Reddick so drat bad at this?

Because it's just "nerd jokes". He knows he doesn't have to be good or funny or anything, because his audience is nerds who'll laugh because Reddick mentioned That Thing They Like.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He doesn't even have to be accurate because the episode isn't at all about the mystery of how animals reproduce, but about the delivery of diplomatically important grain shipment.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Evil Mastermind posted:

Because it's just "nerd jokes". He knows he doesn't have to be good or funny or anything, because his audience is nerds who'll laugh because Reddick mentioned That Thing They Like.

I mean, that isn't the plot of that episode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's like a worse PVP, if such a thing was possible.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is nine tenths of the law.

Working Daze is a bad slapstick routine.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix goes high-concept.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Nekonaughey's turning down food? :ohdear:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Julet Esqu posted:

If it's the same smelt we have here in Minnesota...they're best consumed while at least two times over the legal intoxication limit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why does that rabbit love the cat so much?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
That cat is that rabbit's only friend in the entire world.

I have no idea how a rich rabbit and a working class cat became friends, though.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Julet Esqu posted:

Smelt bad.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 8, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

BigDave posted:

If it's the same smelt we have here in Minnesota...they're best consumed while at least two times over the legal intoxication limit.
They're specifically Wakasagi smelts, which are related to the Californian Delta smelt - in fact, they were introduced into Californian waterways to prop up the Delta smelt population under the impression they could interbreed as they were so similar, but instead they out-competed the native species, spread, and are now the dominant smelt in the region.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

BoyLisa and Mopey Pete's Rainy Day Fun Page

I have never worked in the comics industry, but FFS....

-They can work from home. Comics have not been an office-only job for a LONG time.

-So wait, who's writing and drawing what, because if there's a deadline, some of you should be done already. Like if you're still in the basic scripting and pencilling stages hahahaha gently caress you you're screwed.

-Wait, you're brainstorming ideas. For a crossover. For the what, three books you guys have?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Haifisch posted:

That cat is that rabbit's only friend in the entire world.

I have no idea how a rich rabbit and a working class cat became friends, though.

Neko keeps rabbit grounded. Maybe childhood friends?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

He's going to die of constipation and radiation poisoning.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I have never worked in the comics industry, but FFS....

-They can work from home. Comics have not been an office-only job for a LONG time.

-So wait, who's writing and drawing what, because if there's a deadline, some of you should be done already. Like if you're still in the basic scripting and pencilling stages hahahaha gently caress you you're screwed.

-Wait, you're brainstorming ideas. For a crossover. For the what, three books you guys have?

Les has never allowed his ignorance and lack of logical reasoning stop him from writing technically minded stories. The football games he used to do always showcased his inability to grasp anything about how the rules worked except to the extent that the game involves catching and tackling. His knowledge of mainstream comic production is similarly shallow for all the time he has devoted to setting this dumb storyline up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2011 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Tiny Arms Tracy skipped a week of weekday strips in the archive, and there's two more missing after this, but everything after that is there. Not that we're missing much considering Locher era pacing.

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Hah, webcomics thread called it yesterday

Cat Mattress posted:

Ah, finally, the promised Snowsuit Fritzi upgrade!

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 8, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Chiding their sleep deprived son and late for the ballet. What drama.

Also, very late but to Sunday's Kevin and Kell strip, didn't Spartacus end up nailed to a cross?

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Here's how the two met as far as we know at this point:

There's also a story in the first collection that goes further into it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Dustin

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Reply All

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's unnerving thinking about what real life anecdote inspired Dustin's narcolepsy. A sick millennial or one who's so overworked regular sleep isn't an option? Either way just assuming the cause is laziness is crass to say the least.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Alley Oop

I hate to dump on a strip only two days in, but this doesn't seem very good

Also the mother of all cold opens. These are really the first two strips? Do they come right off a previous run where we actually, like, could have seen the time travel bit?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tiggum posted:

Judge Parker

The headline is unreadable even in the online comic, which means in newsprint it must be hopeless. We're left with nothing to make fun of but the Yahoo! product placement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Who are those adults in the last panel? And where did the kids go?

And how does this even relate to Mark Trail?