Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Gripweed posted:

Oh wow, Monster Energy AMA Supercross 2 FIM World Championship The Official Videogame 2 let's you ride on an exact digital recreation of the real track from Monster Energy AMA Supercross FIM World Championship the actual sporting event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR9adIPrUE

It bothers me that the narrator calls the game Monster Energy Supercross 2 - The Official Videogame , but the title of the video is Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

Pokemon Let's Go.

While it's already been said, I'd also chime in with this. I played it for a little, and it wasn't my jam, but if I was on the mend and needed something simple and one-handed to play, I'd pick it up again.

content fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 7, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one of my coworker's Switch's bricked out of nowhere which sucks. Between the launch console issues and JoyCon quality, Switch kind of seems like the shittiest console they've released in years in terms of longevity and hardware. None of my Nintendo consoles ever had problems but I hear about Switches loving up constantly.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wii had a lot of problems but that was probably due to the sheer number of them that were out there.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Only Nintendo console I ever had brick was my launch Wii. Ended up downloading a new twilight princess save to an sd card that was roughly where I was when I sent the console in to be replaced.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The wii got hotter in standby mode than it did during gameplay because the wifi connection ran without the fan. I think it eventually burned out the GPU on some units. I have a launch day Wii and the disc drive slowly died over time before finally ceasing to accept any disc media entirely sometime around 2013.

Even so, any failures were totally eclipsed by the fail rate of 360s.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not a Children posted:

The wii got hotter in standby mode than it did during gameplay because the wifi connection ran without the fan.

I only realised in the last month or two that my Wii was running in standby with the Wifi on because it was hot as gently caress when I touched it :stare:

I googled around and realised that my brother had turned streetpass or whatever on years ago... Whoops...

content
Feb 13, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I only realised in the last month or two that my Wii was running in standby with the Wifi on because it was hot as gently caress when I touched it :stare:

I googled around and realised that my brother had turned streetpass or whatever on years ago... Whoops...

Welp I know what I'm checking when I get home.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My launch Switch bricked after one day but I got a new one and returned it. New one is obviously also a launch era switch and it has been fine. Didn't have to mess with the joycon or anything

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wii has Street Pass?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

loudog999 posted:

So I just defeated the final boss in Diablo campaign and am seeing a message that the season is over on the title screen. Should I wait until the next season starts to start Adventure mode? Also, whats another fun character to use. I was using the Barbarian but by the end of the game I was just whirl winding killing everything in my path.. it wasnt much of a challenge and I had it on hard, which I heard was more of a normal difficulty. Im thinking the ranged guy or Necro.

Corpse-consuming, aura-cursing, speed-mulching Necromancer has taken me to Torment X before there was anyone strong enough to face me :black101:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Over There posted:

Wii has Street Pass?

I dunno, some sort of always online thing. I didn't really check, I just turned it off.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I dunno, some sort of always online thing. I didn't really check, I just turned it off.

Yeah, I think it was WiiConnect24.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The switch heats up too if you have auto update and an Ethernet USB cable.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it was WiiConnect24. I have a launch Wii and mine has a damaged GPU from that. Get weird texture errors in some games, notably Baroque.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Didn't realise till today that you can watch YouTube on switch. Maybe not a big deal for some folk but it means i can now use the old tv in the bedroom for something other than gathering dust.

Coincidentally I also discovered Starship Troopers is on YouTube

Denise Richards :swoon:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, it was WiiConnect24. I have a launch Wii and mine has a damaged GPU from that. Get weird texture errors in some games, notably Baroque.

that would add to that games atmosphere, I feel

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CrRoMa posted:

Didn't realise till today that you can watch YouTube on switch. Maybe not a big deal for some folk but it means i can now use the old tv in the bedroom for something other than gathering dust.

Coincidentally I also discovered Starship Troopers is on YouTube

Denise Richards :swoon:

I wonder if Plex will ever have some kind of Switch app? That'd be pretty sweet for on-the-go. Even though my TV already has built in Roku with it. Actually is there any way to loadup movies on it at all?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Humble Store is selling digital Switch and 3DS games now, only in the US. Small selection of Switch but includes the big AAA Nintendo stuff and some indies. Nothing discounted right now but that's another place to keep an eye on and hypothetically maybe a Humble Switch Bundle in the future? PS3/4 bundles happen occasionally but they're usually pretty lame selections of like all THQ stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Humble Store is selling digital Switch and 3DS games now, only in the US. Small selection of Switch but includes the big AAA Nintendo stuff and some indies. Nothing discounted right now but that's another place to keep an eye on and hypothetically maybe a Humble Switch Bundle in the future? PS3/4 bundles happen occasionally but they're usually pretty lame selections of like all THQ stuff.

Wii U/3DS had a bundle so it’s pretty much a guarantee now.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

If you have humble monthly they're giving away $5 coupons that you can use to discount on yearly NSO subs also sold on there.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Over the summer christmas break my switch was heating up in handheld more than I remember last year, but it was like 40 degrees for a few days

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Over the summer christmas break my switch was heating up in handheld more than I remember last year, but it was like 40 degrees for a few days

Uh oh! You might have a northern-hemisphere Switch. Because of the coriolis effect, for fans to work in the southern hemisphere they have to spin in the opposite direction.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Xaris posted:

Actually is there any way to loadup movies on it at all?

:chloe:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Any new nes games for january

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kurtofan posted:

Theoretically.

What they'll be are anyone's guess.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

mdemone posted:

Skull and Co sells a Grip Case that is superb.

I got this as a gift from a relative and it's great, very comfortable and you can switch between a "smooth" grip versus one with a more pronounced nub/finger rest/whatever.

Only complaint is that it's kinda snug getting it into the dock, which makes docking it slightly harrowing. Though on the other hand I guess this offsets my fear of the cats knocking over the dock and it falling out.

The hard case it came with is also quite nice, plenty of space for accessories and so on, and the Switch itself gets stored between two padded sections that have a valcro strap.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kurtofan posted:

I’m hoping it’s gonna be something special like SNES games too and they’re saving it for the rumored Direct.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m hoping it’s gonna be something special like SNES games too and they’re saving it for the rumored Direct.

ahahahahahahaha!

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Xaris posted:

I wonder if Plex will ever have some kind of Switch app? That'd be pretty sweet for on-the-go. Even though my TV already has built in Roku with it. Actually is there any way to loadup movies on it at all?

If you softmod it you can use an app called pplay to play any video files either over the network or off the SD card. The drawback is there's a good chance you get banned if you go online. The chance is much lower if you don't play pirated games, but probably still not worth it if online interests you at all. I watched Bird Box this way since I don't have a device to play movies on my TV with, and it worked just fine. Probably not worth it if that's your only goal though. Also watching Bird Box at all is not worth it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

poo poo while we’re wishing maybe they’ll throw in like fzero gx and thousand year door

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

:cawg:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My prediction is Kirby's Star Stacker with link cable emulation for online play and Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SeANMcBAY posted:

My body is Reggie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll call it right now that there will be no SNES games as part of Nintendo's Switch Online service package in 2019

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
enjoy the switch it may be Nintendo's last console

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Dreamcast was a financial disaster because the system relied on components bought in while the PlayStation was all proprietary. That seems like a dumb thing to raise in the article.

I wouldn't blink if they started going heavily mobile, but I don't think Nintendo are going to give up their virtual monopoly on being Nintendo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

This is taken horribly out of context. The CEO is saying that Nintendo is a flexible company and will move onto other things if the home console market ever crashes hard., or if the market changes. It's a hypothetical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm still upset they got out of love hotels. Nintendo is doomed.