Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Server's down, time for glam shots!

Hell yeah it's always time for glam shots

page 1415 is the page of the catboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Since the patches take 24 hours, how long did the servers go off for the release of HW and SB? Also 24 hours, or longer?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Definitely a dragoon, ignore the robes and pointy hat:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Seconding the need for that coat. I just changed back to femroe a few nights ago and I neeeeeeed it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Now that ponies can finally fly, looks like I'm An Armadillo is back on my mount music playlist.

And thank gently caress for nearly cutting the recast on True North in half

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

And thank gently caress for nearly cutting the recast on True North in half

Finally, the horse spinning itself in O10S will be tolerable.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rainuwastaken posted:

Seconding the need for that coat. I just changed back to femroe a few nights ago and I neeeeeeed it.

https://www.xivmodarchive.com/mod/the_commander

Warning, neckline plunges sharply.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

being horny in ff14 is illegal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Delicious Assize buffs.
Not enough to pull me back in though.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

World War Mammories posted:

being horny in ff14 is a legal obligation

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Rastan Beeza posted:

Since the patches take 24 hours, how long did the servers go off for the release of HW and SB? Also 24 hours, or longer?

*edit - 24 hours

isk fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 7, 2019

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I am excited for:

More MSQ
Blue Mage
More custom deliveries
Mahjong
Challenge Log filters
MCH buffs
Orbonne Monastery
Eureka buffs, especially Pagos
Mount Roulette toggle to only select from favorites

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I recently got bard to 70, and made an outfit for it yesterday:

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

"Heard you been talking poo poo about my lil' buddy."

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

put your hands up

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Glam shot time!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

World War Mammories posted:

put your hands up

Fine, but no handcuffs until you've treated me to dinner.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

isk posted:

Longer. IIRC they went down like Tuesday morning and came back up Friday morning. Pre-orders could play the expansion when the servers came back up; everyone else could play previous content but waited until the following Tuesday for expansion content.

Both Heavensward and Stormblood had 24 hour maintenance times. They were definitely not offline for 3+ days.

Granted, Raubahn Savage lasted for several days before he finally chilled out.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Both Heavensward and Stormblood had 24 hour maintenance times. They were definitely not offline for 3+ days.

Granted, Raubahn Savage lasted for several days before he finally chilled out.

Thanks! Corrected, got my timeframes mixed up

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Asimo posted:

Well, that came out of nowhere. And kind of indirectly makes all the dumb boring and totally ground-bound horse mounts Alliance got stuck with in BFA look even sadder in comparison. :allears:

Yes! I was really upset about my cool Direwolf mount from the Ixal quests not being able to fly, so I'm actually happy about this change.

Rastan Beeza posted:

This might be a newbie question as some one who is levelling all his crafters, but as someone who wants to eventually sell on the MB for a profit, do many items at 99 stacks sell? And should you constantly check for being undercut when selling, or park it for a while and check to see if the market has bottomed out?

I can understand some of them, like Ores where it takes 3 for an ingot so 99 = 33 ingots, but it seems a lot of lvl1-49 materials have an omnipresence of being stacked at 99, and I just can't imagine myself ever needing that many of like, Chocobo Feathers. I'd assume it would be better to sell in smaller quantities like 5 or 10, but is playing the long game like that more profitable?

I have all my gathering classes currently at 50, so I could put up a podcast or youtube to gather away if so. (Doing HW gathering, it feels like they really neutered what you can even gather outside of those Special Hour nodes, how are you meant to level 50-60 gatherers?)

If the item is relatively cheap (such that the 99 stack costs less than 50,000 total), I'll often just buy it all with the loose rationale of "it might be nice to have them if I want to craft lower level stuff for alts or w/e later." It kinda gives you peace of mind knowing that you won't have to worry about that particular mat in the foreseeable future, and you can always just re-sell what you don't use later.

Vil posted:

Keep progressing story on SCH while doing daily roulettes and (if you're so inclined) any level-appropriate sidequests you'd skipped on AST. It'll eventually catch up.

Personally in terms of what gels for me mentally, I like WHM > SCH > AST at 70, but healer preference is very much a matter of personal taste. They all work well.

I like SCH because it has many tools to avoid having to be perfect with your "timing," even if its total healing throughput might be less than WHM (not sure if this is true, but my gut feeling is that it probably is). Excog, the instant-cast large/party-wide heals, your fairy constantly doing healing, etc. The fairy is also very easy to manage for the vast majority of content; I just treat the 3 fairy skills (aside from its main heal) like extra skills of my own.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

is there anything i need to do with the faeries or is everything automatic (besides rouse and sustain)?

Like someone else mentioned, you'll probably want to manually control the abilities (except for the regular heal, obviously), because they can be very strong and you don't want to waste them. That's easy though; just treat them like regular abilities of your own. Positioning is fortunately something you won't need to deal with for the vast majority of content (I've never had to deal with positioning for any Normal content at 70).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 7, 2019

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Any chance the servers will come up early?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Any chance the servers will come up early?

A small chance. Wouldn't expect anything earlier than weekly reset (so folks can't get 2 Orbonne coins this week).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Doubtful they'll come back up before the weekly reset.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
If you buy more than you need, you can always toss it back up on the market in multiple smaller stacks so it moves fairly quickly. Then you really only lose out on the tax.

Curry Favor
Aug 23, 2003

The most catboy of catboys!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

isk posted:

A small chance. Wouldn't expect anything earlier than weekly reset (so folks can't get 2 Orbonne coins this week).

When the servers come up from a big patch early they just make the weekly reset happen early, so that's not a concern.

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
Story question about main scenario duty:

During the main scenario cutscene before the second fight with Ultima (after Lahabrea blows everything up), a green blob appears and moves across the screen from right to left, and then back to the left over the party of adventurers. What is this thing supposed to be? It reminds me of a form Midgardsormr takes, but he isn't seen until later in the story - if member serves not even until Heavensward expansion.

Screenshots:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fairly sure that Hydaelyn protecting you from the spell.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Azubah posted:

Fairly sure that Hydaelyn protecting you from the spell.

Leftover wisps of Ultima, going by the color.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Curry Favor posted:

That's one Thunderbolt Fantasy-rear end catboy if I ever saw one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What the gently caress, reading these patch notes have revealed a couple things I did not even realize existed in this game. Namely Subaquatic Voyages and Custom Deliveries (I had heard people mention this, but thought it was referring to the GC turn-ins, lol).

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ytlaya posted:

What the gently caress, reading these patch notes have revealed a couple things I did not even realize existed in this game. Namely Subaquatic Voyages and Custom Deliveries (I had heard people mention this, but thought it was referring to the GC turn-ins, lol).

Subaquatic voyages probably don't have much meaning to you since it's a free company thing. Custom deliveries are the best way to get red and yellow scrip though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You don’t have custom deliveries available to you yet; keep on the moogle beast tribes and head over to Zhloe.

You also now should have Collectables open to you for leveling, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Custom Deliveries unlock through a sidequest in Mor Dhona that requires a level 60+ Disciple of the Hand/Land. They're sort of Beast Tribe-ish affairs, except instead of running around on errands you buy either the base materials or the intermediate materials from a nearby vendor and craft special Collectibles AND/OR gather special Collectibles to turn in for scrip and reputation with the respective vendors.

You've got Zhloe Aliapoh in Idyllshire, M'naago in Rhalgr's Reach, Kurenai in Tamamizu (requires the sidequest line from Sui-no-Sato to be completed first), and soon Adkiragh in Idyllshire (requires Zhloe's delivery line to be completed and the sidequest Purbol Rain in the Azim Steppes first)

(Each has a little storyline as you go up reputation ranks, too.)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 7, 2019

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Makarov_ posted:

Story question about main scenario duty:

iirc it's a weird stray particle effect that's not actually floating around. Just rewatching this scene the effect only looks like it's moving cause the camera is rotating.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm reading that these scrips from Custom Deliveries can be used to purchase crafter/gatherer gear. Is this the main one gear is acquired at max level? I had previously assumed that you just had to manually create progressive levels of gear (enabling you to craft even higher levels, etc).

My non-Fishing gathering classes (which just hit 45/46) also just acquired the ability to detect "hidden" deposits. How exactly does end-game gathering even work? Up until this point it's always been a straight-forward matter of running around in circles repeatedly gathering, but it seems like I might have to actually use skills to access certain mats now.

Curry Favor posted:

One thing I finally realized (resulting in my current character design) is that make-up can make your character look much better. I couldn't get my character's face to look good until loving around with the eyeshadow and lipstick.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm reading that these scrips from Custom Deliveries can be used to purchase crafter/gatherer gear. Is this the main one gear is acquired at max level? I had previously assumed that you just had to manually create progressive levels of gear (enabling you to craft even higher levels, etc).

My non-Fishing gathering classes (which just hit 45/46) also just acquired the ability to detect "hidden" deposits. How exactly does end-game gathering even work? Up until this point it's always been a straight-forward matter of running around in circles repeatedly gathering, but it seems like I might have to actually use skills to access certain mats now.

Naw, scrip gear is pretty bad. Some of it looks cool though. You mainly use red scrip for materia/crafter souls and yellow scrip for mats for high end crafting. High end gathering mostly revolves around hitting timed nodes that show up at specific times during the Eorzean day, usually about once an hour, maybe twice depending on where you are at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Wouldn't recommend any scrip gear beyond the Yellow Scrip gatherer offhands (even that's less of a bargain now that materia's super cheap) or the CRP Yellow Scrip mainhand (it's a chainsaw).