Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Huh, that turtle and I have the same "O" face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

That is the derpiest turtle with a rubber ball fetish that I have ever seen.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

How did I miss this S1 episode playing on BBC America where Tasha is going around making out with random crew?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bobby Deluxe posted:

5/25 (in the cards) - i love how the dominion negotiating with kai wynn becomes the b plot for jake & nog trying to find a baseball card

Oh thank god that episode is in the season I'm watching :allears: I adore that episode, especially Bashir's thousand yard stare and tormented soul remembering his ex has his teddy bear

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Late to the Starfleet sexhavers chat but pick beat me to bringing up sisko's Criminal loving in the mirror universe

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Oh thank god that episode is in the season I'm watching :allears: I adore that episode, especially Bashir's thousand yard stare and tormented soul remembering his ex has his teddy bear

Just like the real James Bond!! :arghfist: :saddowns:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The fact that Kira didn't have a teddybear version of that giant edible spider thing is a travesty

that Odo never turned into the teddy bear, much to bashirs lingering discomfort and suspicion, is a travesty

That Garak never gave him an earful for how of course Federation types take a giant fanged flesh-eating death machine and mould it into a cuddly toy, is a travesty

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pick how would you feel about one of those awful reunion things for DS9 and what are your expectations if such a thing would occur

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Odo turns into a teddy bear but they CGI his usual face onto it and everyone hates it both in universe and the viewers except for Odo and René Auberjonois

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
random objects with a disturbing odo face sticking out of them are a hot untapped market

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

random objects with a disturbing odo face sticking out of them are a hot untapped market

Imagine Quark sitting on a toilet, and all of a sudden hearing Odo's voice say, from under him, "I've got my eyes on you, Quark."

Also, imagine the toilet grunting after Quark pinches off a loaf into the bowl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Pick how would you feel about one of those awful reunion things for DS9 and what are your expectations if such a thing would occur

"Oh no"

Rock bottom.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

it's so much broader than that, like the amount of thirst for damar is extreme. damar! women just plumb love cardassians.

it's not even america-specific.

They really did a great job with the casting for the Cardassians. All the actors performed their characters as if they were statesmen who had passion and poetry (like Garak) in their veins and between Garak and some of Dukat, very seductive charming demeanor.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gatts posted:

They really did a great job with the casting for the Cardassians. All the actors performed their characters as if they were statesmen who had passion and poetry (like Garak) in their veins and between Garak and some of Dukat, very seductive charming demeanor.

tbh the casting was pretty good on minor characters too, the guy who did Marritza in s1 nailed a role that wasn't written that well on paper. they found people willing to just commit to a character come hell or high water.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
is the worst dad in Star Trek worse than the most corrupt Starfleet admiral is corrupt?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
worst dad is worf and he's more passively disinterested than actively trying to gently caress you with bureaucracy so... no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
imho worf is not worse than sarek

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Riker's dad is a piece of poo poo

So is Sela's

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

That being said, Admiral Marcus is pretty loving corrupt.

As is Admiral Cartwright.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
sarek was a good dad

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Worst dad is a tie among all Bajoran dads.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
to burnham :xd:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Dukat is the worst dad, and it's not close.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
he actually wasn't a terribly good dad to burnham hollywood has issues with dads

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
im loving this 'wartime casual' open collar thing Bashir and Dax have going on, grrrrrrrrrowl

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If there were ANY time I was gonna hang dong it's when I'm expecting to get gibbed by a Jemmy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Riker's dad is a piece of poo poo

So is Sela's

we're gettin a lot of bad dads here

commander paris?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Commander Paris did nothing wrong his son was a loving disaster

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Danaru posted:

If there were ANY time I was gonna hang dong it's when I'm expecting to get gibbed by a Jemmy

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) "Racism" - Genesplicer

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Commander Paris did nothing wrong his son was a loving disaster

the wrong parents threatened to murder their children :hai:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Just watched the Harry Mudd Short Treks episode and it was actually pretty good. I sort of hope they do a few more regular Mudd episodes, but tone down the grimdark parts and add a bit more puzzles/mysteries and humour like the original series had. Then again, none of that is going to happen since they've already decided that season 2 is going to be about stopping Thanos the Red Angel.

I honestly think that they tried to ape Game of Thrones for the first season, and now they're trying to ape Infinity War this season.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Blistex posted:

Just watched the Harry Mudd Short Treks episode and it was actually pretty good. I sort of hope they do a few more regular Mudd episodes, but tone down the grimdark parts and add a bit more puzzles/mysteries and humour like the original series had. Then again, none of that is going to happen since they've already decided that season 2 is going to be about stopping Thanos the Red Angel.

no u c the best part of ds9 was the pah wraith bullshit so this will surely go over well with the old fans

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
holy gently caress sisko's dad is Tom Robinson, that's how I recognize him

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blistex posted:

I honestly think that they tried to ape Game of Thrones for the first season, and now they're trying to ape Infinity War this season.

Macguffins have been a thing for far longer than Infinity War has existed.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
dude eulogized Gregory Peck and he's on star trek constantly yelling at ben sisko, I love it

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i actually liked disco but i wasn't watching a lot of TV back then but now i'm mainlining all seven series of ds9 right into my veins because you people are the loving devil

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i watched most of house of cards ffs you shitheels have ruined me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Red Angel will just end up being Michael Burnham anyway.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
/\That's loving stupid and lazy writing. Spock has another secret sibling

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Macguffins have been a thing for far longer than Infinity War has existed.

True, but in this case there is a super-being that is going to kill a large portion of all life in the galaxy. It just seems to be too much to be a coincidence. I'm positive that the DISCO writer's room has a wall covered in the posters and plot-outlines of hugely successful shows and movies, and in big letters in the middle it says, "How do we make this work for us?"

Blistex fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Gul Dukreep