Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

in a just world the feds who caught ross would be in jail now for Carl Mark Force Negative Four

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mr. Gerard David is only interested in making money - yet his fiat money isn't real.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Nenonen posted:

Mr. Gerard David is only interested in making money - yet his fiat money isn't real.

If he was interested in making bitcoins then all would be forgiven

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

ZeusCannon posted:

Every so often i think of mycrimes.txt and smile

I got to tell 2 friends from high school about mycrimes.txt when I was back for the holidays and everyone stood up and clapped

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hear Lin-Manuel Miranda is writing a hip-hop musical about Ross. It's called myrhymes.txt.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

that most profitable of industries, bitcoin-mocking

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
this is why you don’t touch the poop

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

post ur soros checks david

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

BMan posted:

post ur soros checks david

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Now with more bombs!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

soros pays better than that :colbert:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

talk about going short on bitcoins!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Shipon posted:

:thurman:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Shipon posted:

:drat:

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
lol eth classic is getting 51% attacked

https://twitter.com/etherchain_org/status/1082329360948969472

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
eth classic is the one where the DAO hack isn't rolled back right?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Hammerite posted:

barry silbert managed to buy himself a crypto

he got coinbase to list it

loving nobody cared and he's given up

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Hammerite posted:

has anyone said "the dao that can be rolled back is not the true dao" yet

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:allears::allears::allears:

deadcomefebruary 120 points 5 hours ago

When I responded to an email saying, "you seem to have the qualifications in an employee that we are looking for. Attached are documents for your employment. We will contact you with further instructions when you sign and return the documents."

I spent several days debating, before finally saying...well, the email and documents seem legit...okay.

I signed the documents. I followed their instructions and...turns out it was legit, legal, safe.

I now work remotely and finish my job before 11am most days. Today I made $260 before 10am and I am free for the rest of the day.

loving cant believe that putting my trust in an email actually saved my financial situation.

deadcomefebruary 46 points 4 hours ago

I'm a payment processor for a bitcoin company.

They send me money, I buy bitcoin from bitcoin ATMs around the city which I send to the wallet that they designate.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Weatherman posted:

has anyone said "the dao that can be rolled back is not the true dao" yet

:wrong::wrong::wrong:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

...! posted:

When I responded to an email saying, "you seem to have the qualifications in an employee that we are looking for. Attached are documents for your employment. We will contact you with further instructions when you sign and return the documents."

I spent several days debating, before finally saying...well, the email and documents seem legit...okay.

I signed the documents. I followed their instructions and...turns out it was legit, legal, safe.

I now work remotely and finish my job before 11am most days. Today I made $260 before 10am and I am free for the rest of the day.

loving cant believe that putting my trust in an email actually saved my financial situation.

They send me money, I buy bitcoin from bitcoin ATMs around the city which I send to the wallet that they designate.

mycrimes_2019.txt

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

when they're not being horrible people bitcoiners are wonderful

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

isn't this really bad

(read:good)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can't believe all I have to do is drop small packs of artisan flour to specified locations! A bit strange the boss promised to cut me if I try the flour, but whatever, the money is great!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

bit-ira? nah, they’d hit the bank of england first

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Paladinus posted:

I can't believe all I have to do is drop small packs of artisan flour to specified locations! A bit strange the boss promised to cut me if I try the flour, but whatever, the money is great!

deadcomefebruary indeed

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

...! posted:

deadcomefebruary
27 minutes ago
I never gave them my ssn or my bank account number. I am sent money through zelle, which requires only the name and phone #of the recipient.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobbeldygook posted:

deadcomefebruary
27 minutes ago
I never gave them my ssn or my bank account number. I am sent money through zelle, which requires only the name and phone #of the recipient.

Wow, that's really secure. Sounds great.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
(couple of months later)

deadcomefebruary 42069 points self.LegalAdvice

help help i'm facing 20 years in prison for money laundering

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Suspicious posted:

(couple of months later)

deadcomefebruary 42069 points self.LegalAdvice

help help i'm facing 20 years in prison for money laundering

how can i be guilty if i never even went to a laundromat?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

TVsVeryOwn posted:

how can i be guilty if i never even went to a laundromat?

the money could have used a good washing though, it was covered in big splotches of ink

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
a lot of bitcoiners think that laundering bitcoins is perfectly legal because "they can't charge me with money laundering if the us doesn't officially recognize bitcoins as money. checkmate, fiatailures! :smugbert:"

they can be their own banks but they shouldn't be their own lawyers. the legal definition of "money" when it comes to money laundering is much looser than in other circumstances. it basically means "literally anything that can be bartered", not dollars specifically

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

they can be their own banks but they shouldn't be their own lawyers.

:wrong: theo chino would like a word with you

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Why I want Bitcoin to moon. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 minutes ago by Badnickel

When I first bought Bitcoin I wanted the system to grow and the value to increase just for profit. The more I understood the technology and the concept behind Bitcoin my interest changed. I then wanted Bitcoin to grow so we the people can have control and security in our money. But lately by the way my wife looks at me when I want to buy or even mention it, now I want Bitcoin to moon so I can tell her “told you so, we should of bought more.”

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
bitcoiner's dream is to pwn his wife

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Boxturret posted:

:wrong: theo chino would like a word with you

good ol' theo's been posting a lot of crazy poo poo in r/bitcoin lately

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...! posted:

bitcoiner's dream is to have sex with his wife

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Paladinus posted:

bitcoiner's dream is to have sex

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

all good marriages are built on spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

the invisible hand of the free market efficiently reallocates unprofitable mining resources