Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

currently the rcmp is waving their dicks around outside the blockade being like "prove u own the land"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Abolish the RCMP imho.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yinlock posted:

currently the rcmp is waving their dicks around outside the blockade being like "prove u own the land"

Not a bad question to ask, if you believe the narrative that the nation's own elected government wants the pipeline and this is a splinter group that doesn't. You'd think they'd have found a way to hash that out sometime in the last five years.

So why aren't the nation's own law enforcement people removing them?

(it's because the "nation's government" claims to represent people they don't)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

hereditary monarchy is woke now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/yellow-vest-movement-manitoba-1.4967649

the cbc has one reporter in brandon who is currently in winnipeg doing radio reads, so instead of sending someone here to cover these idiots they literally wrote an adversarial for the organizers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

quote:

Virden Mayor Murray Wright was more blunt as he spoke briefly to the crowd.

"I know what I’d like to do with Mr. Trudeau, but I would be in jail if I did do that," Wright said to chuckles as he pointed out the Virden area is the oil capital of Manitoba.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
oil capital of manitoba is like the potato capital of the sahara

much less impressive once you realize how few potatoes are grown there overall

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
infinite hydro power but let’s frack the gently caress out of the water we can drink lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Abolish the canada imho.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

infinite hydro power but let’s frack the gently caress out of the water we can drink lmao

how are oil barons supposed to get money from water? it's like you know nothing about economics

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

oil capital of manitoba is like the potato capital of the sahara

much less impressive once you realize how few potatoes are grown there overall

quote:

Murray Wright is Virden's next mayor, defeating his only challenger Brock Koop by a vote count of 652 to Koop's 457

congratulations on becoming the mayor of a town of 3000 people, next time consider shutting the gently caress up

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

These Manitoba yellow vest chuds are the kids of people who think that standing up for oil patch jobs makes them Anti-Establishment. They're also the same kinds of people who when we had Idle No More protests slowing down the highways were jerking off to fantasies of running the protestors over.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
love when a have-not province acts like they have :allears:

you live and die by equalization payments you goddamn ignorant hicks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

the local newspaper did a good job of covering the protest. i drove by the people in brandon on saturday and flipped them off, there was only 3. the truck convoy was maybe 100, definitely less. it was a nothing protest and the cbc made it sound like brandon was burning down like paris was.

the funniest part was the guy who climbed on top of a semi and starting yelling about george soros and globalism through a megaphone

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

the local newspaper did a good job of covering the protest. i drove by the people in brandon on saturday and flipped them off, there was only 3. the truck convoy was maybe 100, definitely less. it was a nothing protest and the cbc made it sound like brandon was burning down like paris was.

the funniest part was the guy who climbed on top of a semi and starting yelling about george soros and globalism through a megaphone

The organizer is a "wealth management consultant" and a former member of the Soldiers of Odin, according to the local paper.

And there's a picture of a truck with a "SAY NO TO THE UN" sign on it for some reason.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

Totally normal behavior that has nothing to do with anti semitism

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
woke af

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

love when a have-not province acts like they have :allears:

you live and die by equalization payments you goddamn ignorant hicks

Indulging yourself in the collective fantasy that you and people like you are the last pillar of a crumbling society is like 90% of the appeal of modern conservatism.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Passionately make out with him in the middle of a major intersection during rush hour, while everyone else waits angrily and honks.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CommonShore posted:

The organizer is a "wealth management consultant" and a former member of the Soldiers of Odin, according to the local paper.

And there's a picture of a truck with a "SAY NO TO THE UN" sign on it for some reason.

you can find his facebook profiles and social media pretty easily, he's one of those conservatives turned bernier bros that is probably trying to parlay his way into running for the peepeecee

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Bernier bros, lol that’s going in the act :krust:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

some more Marc Emery receipts came in recently (thread, :nms:)

https://twitter.com/deidrelolsen/status/1081341790828019713

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 04:20 on Jan 8, 2019

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/status/1082354231196221440

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:!!!MEAT TAX!!!:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I knew it was coming, but I'm very angry the RCMP once again smashed its jackboot down onto Indigenous protestors. We live in a fascist country, we've just managed to beat our genocided populations into submission.

Rant over.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Abolish the RCMP imho.

:hmmyes:

Beelzebufo has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Jan 8, 2019

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Anyone going to one of the solidarity rallies? I might go to the one in Vancouver.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

THC posted:

some more Marc Emery receipts came in recently (thread, :nms:)

https://twitter.com/deidrelolsen/status/1081341790828019713

Really was only a matter of time with that gently caress. He didn't even hide his behaviours out in the open. His wife was better off when he was in prison.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

If only.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Ardent Communist posted:

Anyone going to one of the solidarity rallies? I might go to the one in Vancouver.

I know there's one going on b at Parliament Hill right now. Will try to go after work.

Also, a GoFundMe if anyone is interested in donating:

https://www.gofundme.com/gitdumt039en-access-point

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Entorwellian posted:

Really was only a matter of time with that gently caress. He didn't even hide his behaviours out in the open. His wife was better off when he was in prison.

everyone was better off when he was in prison, really

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1082751127425171456

very respectful jackboots

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the politest cultural genocide

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this is why we need a second amendment

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:11tea:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Jun 16, 2021

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

this is why we need a second amendment

pipeline resistance would still be no more successful than it is in the US, but on the plus side there would be a whole lot more mass shootings so at least that’s something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hey our second ammendment can say whatever we want it to say.

I propose that it says that a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, that Doug is a hoser and that nobody likes that guy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

These taxes are regressive

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

do you think people are more likely to rise up with guns in solidarity with the people whose denied sovereignty is the basis of their comfortable existence, or against a carbon tax lmao

or worse, the dreaded/imagined meat tax which would actually be a good idea as far as putting a dollar figure on ecological pressures

both of these things are really bad and so is the meat tax so hopefully all of the above

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it's very important that we address climate change in a way that does not involve any cost to myself nor requires me to change my lifestyle in any way

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Just destroy all the mining companies it'd gently caress up the economy and the shutdown would definitely cut emissions for a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's very important that we address climate change in a way that does not involve any cost to myself nor requires me to change my lifestyle in any way

Yeah but this way we can keep climate changing and keep stealing native land!