Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1082423668083429378

Love my national parks spokesman Mike Litterst, every time they go on WTOP they say his name extremely carefully.

lolling at all the comments going "so the shutdown is saving lives? TRUMP!!!"

also i had no idea our national parks were massive death traps that murder six people on a good week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Schnorkles posted:

borked binch

shameful, bearjew

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

Free avshalom

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the savage jaguar

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/1082663417377419267

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/1082664664054550529

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

imagine being proud about a cop

lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
e: i don't know what buttons I'm hitting

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time – when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

-Dongabld Drinpf

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

They're going to tell thump about this and he's going to go to Pelosi and demand money for hourly bombing runs across the entire border

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lmao, the rubber is really hitting the road over at HUD. good thing the secretary is a severely autistic savant brain surgeon who hasn't done anything but look sleepy for the past 2 years

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

imagine being proud about a cop

lol

muller is a cop

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TMMadman posted:

Since we are talking about a State of Emergency, does anyone remember the video game State of Emergency?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Emergency_(video_game)

It may become reality soon.

It made a splash with its spicy NC-17 rating but it really wasn't a very good game iirc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

this will put an end to everyone sneaking into the bombing range

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

trump still holding steady at 1488% approval

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1082669826957602817

I cannot* believe that conservatives are really going to run with the line of "well you like walls on HOUSES don't you??? hypocrite!!" as their main line of attack

*I absolutely can believe it because every conservative is a loving moron

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Love my national parks spokesman Mike Litterst, every time they go on WTOP they say his name extremely carefully.

the canyons take and the canyons give

both sides (with a zillion of feet of altitude change in-between) :shrug:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

:owned:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Schumer.is absolutely letting Pelosi take the lead on this and Pelosi has basically staked her entire (well-earned) reputation as an effective legislator on this fight. They're not gonna do the cool and good thing of saying "that was a bunch of racist bullshit from a man with the brain and bladder control of a toddler" but they won't give an inch, either.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
ben carson going grey from all that work hes doing

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Duscat posted:

lolling at all the comments going "so the shutdown is saving lives? TRUMP!!!"

also i had no idea our national parks were massive death traps that murder six people on a good week

Nature will gently caress you up it turns out

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

l8r nerds cause i got a a two bulbasaurs up charazard movie to watch :eyepop:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the media so transparently wants him to do the emergency thing

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

this will put an end to everyone sneaking into the bombing range

quote:

Last fall, the Pentagon informed Congress that the Navy had committed $7.5 million to "advance planning and survey efforts" for new and improved border barriers on the Barry M. Goldwater Range. Calling the range "a known drug-smuggling corridor," Assistant Defense Secretary Kenneth Rapuano wrote that such barriers "will both protect BMGR from such illegal activity and address human life and safety concerns by deterring unlawful entry onto an active bombing range."

naming a bombing range after this dumb rear end in a top hat seems appropriate

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Doc Walrus posted:

They're going to tell thump about this and he's going to go to Pelosi and demand money for hourly bombing runs across the entire border

Trump is commander in chief of the greatest military in history. he could be spending his week driving tanks or attack helicopters. Trump should move his office to a carrier fleet and cruise around the seas blowing up pirates or cargo containers

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

I misread this as them wanting to make the border an artillery range and instantly thought of the Boomers in New Vegas because I smell like video games

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the combined charisma of pelosi and schumer in a single response?!?!

:trumppop:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

brugroffil posted:

every conservative is a loving moron

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Schumer.is absolutely letting Pelosi take the lead on this and Pelosi has basically staked her entire (well-earned) reputation as an effective legislator on this fight. They're not gonna do the cool and good thing of saying "that was a bunch of racist bullshit from a man with the brain and bladder control of a toddler" but they won't give an inch, either.

I mean it was just three weeks ago that Schumer, loving Chuck Schumer, effortlessly baited Trump into shouting that he'd gladly take the credit/blame for the shutdown

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

smarxist posted:

lmao, the rubber is really hitting the road over at HUD. good thing the secretary is a severely autistic savant brain surgeon who hasn't done anything but look sleepy for the past 2 years

weird giving the department tothe only black guy you know because it says urban was a bad idea?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

the media so transparently wants him to do the emergency thing

so do we

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
al probably wouldn't be getting chain probed if they didn't take the very obvious bait and meltdown when arfjason started trolling the thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

behold the human being, conqueror of nature

*goes into carefully-curated nature preserve, immediately trips on a rock and dies*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

also, the actual dictionary definition of survivor's bias

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

brugroffil posted:

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1082669826957602817

I cannot* believe that conservatives are really going to run with the line of "well you like walls on HOUSES don't you??? hypocrite!!" as their main line of attack

*I absolutely can believe it because every conservative is a loving moron

please do not fire that tweet into the sun

it might make the sun go supernova

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wasn't "I declare an emergency to get what I want" a plot point in before-kevin-rapey-spacey House of Cards?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
it's true i'm against all walls regardless of purpose or function

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ok piss test and CT scans were clear so it may have just been a real bad stress headache, and medicaid will usually apply 90 days retroactively, which is better than i expected from this hell world. Asuming I don't get screwed by the "usually" in there of course. Felt ok while on the good ibuprofen but now it's back to headache town, womp. Ok time to pass out and stop livejournaling my brainworms

Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2019/01/tucker-carlson-conservatives-should-stop-idolizing-capitalism/