Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Okay. Other thing is I had heard with Flashpoint you can pick up LosTech and I'm wondering if that's like a set reward for finishing flashpoint missions or random loot or black market or what?

FP rewards also use itemCollection files, they have some really nice stuff if you get lucky. There are some real stinkers in there, like CDAs in the same collection as rare 'Mechs or +++SRM-2s in the same pool as Gauss Rifles.

Some people either just save before the last turn/mission and redo it until a good reward is pulled or edit the rewards pool to clean out the poo poo.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Roguetech seems super broken with this dlc LMAO. The bubblegum holding that mod together seems to be undone

Modded Mechs with own models / Double refit problem

0 Part Syndrome

Pilot Skills

Percentage Bonus Equipment

Online shops are not working yet. [WIP

Portrait Loader Issue

Combat Saved Games (Don't save in combat)

No Bonus Starting Gear

Reserves Spawn NPE

ModTek [Done] Screen stuck

Damage display "true"

Save Game loading failure

Priority Contracts Failing to load

Movement grid stopping working

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pangstrom posted:

Somebody had basically the exact same experience upthread, but I found it pretty funny in that early flashpoint where they wanted to test out their New Formidable Mech (hatchetman) and let it wreck some enemies. After the first live round of battle it was a hair's breath from being cored and had to run off to a corner of the map to smoke and spark while the rest of my lance took care of the opposing forces.

It actually did a pretty good job for me in that flashpoint but all it had to do was step on srm carriers and not lose to a catapult.

quote:

Roguetech seems super broken with this dlc LMAO. The bubblegum holding that mod together seems to be undone

Beaglerush was playing Roguetech earlier and got to a consecutive deployment flashpoint and that seems like a recipe for disaster.

I want to use roguetech but it seems like a huge pile of whatever the hell they could think of with every weapon possible and while the limited selection in the base game is lame it's some insane overkill in that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What mix of assaults vs. other weights do people use in their late game lances? By the end I could field 4 assaults, but always seemed to do better even on 5 skull jobs with 2 Orions and 2 assaults. It just seemed more flexible having 2 mechs that consistently act sooner and can move/jump a little further. But my tactics are basically "have everyone shoot at the same guy until it blows up" and "rotate who is in front getting shot at" so I might just be missing something.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

sean10mm posted:

What mix of assaults vs. other weights do people use in their late game lances? By the end I could field 4 assaults, but always seemed to do better even on 5 skull jobs with 2 Orions and 2 assaults. It just seemed more flexible having 2 mechs that consistently act sooner and can move/jump a little further. But my tactics are basically "have everyone shoot at the same guy until it blows up" and "rotate who is in front getting shot at" so I might just be missing something.

4 assaults with master tactician.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sean10mm posted:

I have one Cyclops part because my expert pilots refuse to hit what shots I call out and I haven't seen another since but if I could it'd be that that and 3 other assaults so I can just poo poo on everything.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

sean10mm posted:

By the end I could field 4 assaults, but always seemed to do better even on 5 skull jobs with 2 Orions and 2 assaults. It just seemed more flexible having 2 mechs that consistently act sooner and can move/jump a little further.

I take 4 assaults, but which ones will really depend on what I've been able to salvage. Left to my own device it would be something like Atlas / Atlas / Cyclops / Banshee.

The Orion doesn't fit my playstyle (alpha strike while charging in then go into melee while you cool off), since it only has 95 melee damage and 0 support hardpoints, and you can match its speed with the Victor, Zeus, Battlemaster, Cyclops, or Banshee.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

sean10mm posted:

4 assaults but they need to be like, highlanders or better

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm currently going 1 Heavy / 3 Assaults. I've yet to even see an Atlas this play through but I've got 2 KGC's and almost have enough parts for a 3rd :shrug:

The heavy is a BLK laser boat that goes for head shots every round and flatout has the most kills out of all my mechs

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

sean10mm posted:

What mix of assaults vs. other weights do people use in their late game lances?

4 King Crabs :getin:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

sean10mm posted:

1 marauder II, a royal highlander, a 2nd lander or a kingcrab, and lrm70 stalker. I keep a grasshopper and a srm24 griffin around for target acqs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never seen target acquisition missions come to think of it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I would just like to say that I am having a ton of fun with my Firestarter with all Small Lasers, a pilot with Ace Pilot and Called Shot Mastery. That little thing can core so many mechs in one shot with a Called Shot to the back CT.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Playing through the game for the first time since release now. I am only midway through the game. I just got my first assault, and it is...the battle computer cyclops. It is the first assault I've seen in a mission. I treated it with kid gloves as I knocked it over repeatedly and killed the pilot.

Its available tonnage actually kind of sucks, but the +1 initiative to everybody seems like a pretty strong passive. Doubly so given that I went for coolent vent on most of my pilots. I turned it into a kind of medicore LRM boat right now, as I figure I can just kind of keep it back and worry less about armor and jumpjets.

I figure I can at least keep it around to help knock poo poo over.

Other than that, my other three mechs right now are all various orions. They are the heaviest mechs I have at the moment.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So this is more of a tech concern, but I ended up picking up the base game on the Steam sale for my Lenovo Y70, 8 gig ram, 960m GTX graphic cards having laptop hoping I could at least squeak out something on low or med settings.

But gooood god, my laptop does not like this game at all with the long load times and how it starts baking like how I would play MechWarrior as a kid and just link fire all the lasers and PPCs.

I barely made it to the first actual mission (where the lighting effects are so hosed up that I thought that my card was legit malfunctioning), but the lore so far really sucked me in. I hope there is some secret combination of settings I can do to make it play better, but it's a pretty big bummer for me that I may have to save this for when I actually get an up-to-date device.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
This is one of those game where an SSD is almost a requirement. Also, clean out your saves from time to time. For some reason having a bunch drags loading and menu responsiveness quite a bit. The game also doesn't seem to like long play sessions so restart the game every once in a while.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Most of the reason I play Ironman is specifically to keep the load times down. Unity sucks with multiple saves.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's interesting that after all the effort HBS put into making SRR moddable, it got basically no uptake except for omnibus-fix-patch mods, while battletech has no explicit modding support whatsoever and it has a flourishing mod scene

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

sean10mm posted:

Three Assaults plus a master tactician in a Grasshopper. The grasshopper functions like a giant, overgrown Firestarter.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Cease to Hope posted:

it's interesting that after all the effort HBS put into making SRR moddable, it got basically no uptake except for omnibus-fix-patch mods, while battletech has no explicit modding support whatsoever and it has a flourishing mod scene

Spending a night tinkering with their mod tools, I can see why. It was really painful to use.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

PoptartsNinja posted:

They randomize when you enter the star system.

They also randomize after a mission in the system, much like the contracts themselves.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Criminal Minds 3, if you betray Liao, starting off with multiple enemies that can instant kill the base buildings your defending followed by more enemies which also can meaning you need to tank eight mediums/heavies at once or lose seems like a real rear end in a top hat thing to do when the first wave can instantly kill a building round 1.

e: Like my mechs are hosed to pieces because turns out you can't actually tank eight ac10s a round and I'm a third in I just wanted to steal all the valuable goods with no consequences :negative: There's no way this is a 3 skull mission lol

e: Wait did I salvage my own mech's ruins after this? I got my rangefinder and lrm++ back lmao, that's cool. RIP Jagermech you'll be missed, curbstomped by an orion, three quickdraws, two thunderbolts, a centurion, a hatchetman, a wolverine, and a shadowhawk.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 8, 2019

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

Playing through the game for the first time since release now. I am only midway through the game. I just got my first assault, and it is...the battle computer cyclops. It is the first assault I've seen in a mission. I treated it with kid gloves as I knocked it over repeatedly and killed the pilot.

Its available tonnage actually kind of sucks, but the +1 initiative to everybody seems like a pretty strong passive. Doubly so given that I went for coolent vent on most of my pilots. I turned it into a kind of medicore LRM boat right now, as I figure I can just kind of keep it back and worry less about armor and jumpjets.

I figure I can at least keep it around to help knock poo poo over.

Other than that, my other three mechs right now are all various orions. They are the heaviest mechs I have at the moment.

I'd go with to lrm15s and a large laser (minus one ton of ammo and add heatsinks) so you can get closer and get punchy if things turn south.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The cyclops is such a disappointment. The +1 isn't even worth bringing because you either keep it less armored than most heavies in the game other than a quickdraw to still squeeze a ok amount of firepower in it or you have decent armor but can get out damaged by your typical vindicator.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Actually, having your Atlas and King Crab going in phase 3 is good

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I play with mission control where you can spawn within punch range of 12 mechs and have 2 more lances plus turrets within firing range. The phase 3 assaults arent useful at that point.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
what next, are you going to tell us that the gauss rifle sucks and the ac/2 is much better without mentioning that you installed a mod that makes ac/2s do 10x as much damage?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Even without that if you average the weapons and armor into 4 heavy mechs that all move in phase 3 you would be better off than having a 90t assault mech with 800 armor. I dont think phase 3 assaults make sense to cripple your lance for except for in story missions for lady K where you know exactly whats coming and when. Look at what build was reccomended. LRM15s and a LL. Thats less damage output and armor than a LRM orionK.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Jabor posted:

Actually, having your Atlas and King Crab going in phase 3 is good

This cannot be overstated. It is how you win flashpoints post-campaign.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So if I understand correctly, the Flashpoint DLC is only applicable to career mode?
So no point in getting it prior to starting career mode?

Also, in the campaign I only get Shadow hawks and QuickDraws. Also, my protagonist have spent 200 days in sick bay.
Best so far, taking down a lance containing one Victor, one Stalker, one black knight, one light using only mediums.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My luckiest pilot ever got cored by Demolishers then the knocked over mech was blasted by a WarShip.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow the ER PPC is a huge piece of poo poo

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Stravag posted:

Even without that if you average the weapons and armor into 4 heavy mechs that all move in phase 3 you would be better off than having a 90t assault mech with 800 armor. I dont think phase 3 assaults make sense to cripple your lance for except for in story missions for lady K where you know exactly whats coming and when. Look at what build was reccomended. LRM15s and a LL. Thats less damage output and armor than a LRM orionK.

The CP-10-Z is effectively a 70 tonner; I can't see how that's crippling your lance.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

PPCs in general are a waste of tonnage unless you do some .json fuckery to bring their weight/heat down to something more appealing.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to use roguetech but it seems like a huge pile of whatever the hell they could think of with every weapon possible and while the limited selection in the base game is lame it's some insane overkill in that.

I also thought this. It is a huge pile of whatever but it also jacks up the difficulty more than enough to offset the fact that you can pick up random OP garbage, so the net result is very good and fun actually. I was wrong and roguetech actually rules (it could be better, but it's drat good for what it is).

(This coming from someone who does not like just blowing poo poo up with giant toys with no difficulty and plays ironman legendary x-com or whatever for fun.)

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Hope it is possible to mod this so the mech salvage you get actually depends on how much of the mech you blew up. Blow up the head you get 7, they panic and eject you get 8, destroy the legs and the right torso you only get 4. For this you should need 8 parts to build a mech. Maybe even the right parts for ultimate grognard.

Edit: i think adjustedmechsalvage does this, just not in the way i want.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 8, 2019

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

The first thing I do on any new playthrough is tweak all the LosTech to be worth a drat.

+10 damage on every energy weapon is a good starting point since otherwise everything is piss next to the ++ standard versions.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Two fun things from last night:

A disastrous artillery mission that ended with a demolisher one-shot head-shoting a mech from max range, another demolisher shooting the legs out of another mech and then coring it (both pilots died), and then the mission failing because apparently the "reinforcements arrive" countdown on the evac part (after the unimpressive arty strike happened) was an insta-fail and didn't actually just spawn more mechs. My two mechs were about two or three tiles out from the evac zone.

Second half of a flashpoint about defending a base. The story of it highlights the hatchetman the game was making me use. All the mechs attacking the base were LRM focused and smoked a building before any of my forces could even engage at a sprint on turn one, then before I could fully engage the first lance another spawns. Again, well away from the melee focused hatchetman the game was so proud of.

I've taken a lot of loses in the career but man these felt like complete bullshit loses. Is there a mod that actually stops the enemy reinforcements from spawning at the first sign of engagement? I'm getting really tired of always being outnumbered 2 to 1. Man delay these loving reinforcements by a couple turns or SOMETHING. I remember people complaining about this back when the game first came out.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Cardiac posted:

So if I understand correctly, the Flashpoint DLC is only applicable to career mode?
So no point in getting it prior to starting career mode?

You get flashpoints after finishing the story in a campaign run as well, though they’re affected by the difficulty scaling there and a few of them get stupidly hard as a result. Also the new mechs will appear in campaign as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I uninstalled this and didn't even make it a week before I want to go back to my robot smashing funtime. :psylon:

Wrr posted:

I've taken a lot of loses in the career but man these felt like complete bullshit loses. Is there a mod that actually stops the enemy reinforcements from spawning at the first sign of engagement?

I hate it more when they teleport right next to you in firing range instead of at least spawning at the edge of sensor range. I maneuvered into a perfect convoy ambush one time just so a bunch of assaults could instantly appear within SRM range the second I blew up the 2nd vehicle.

:wtc: