Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no that was the gay Prussian military officer Washington hired for valley forge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Joementum posted:

1. Blocking Iranian Government Property (Nov. 14, 1979)
2. Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (Nov. 14, 1994)
3. Prohibiting Transactions with Terrorists Who Threaten to Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process (January 23, 1995)
4. Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to the Development of Iranian Petroleum Resources (March 15, 1995)
5. Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers (October 21, 1995)
6. Regulations of the Anchorage and Movement of Vessels with Respect to Cuba (March 1, 1996)
7. Blocking Sudanese Government Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Sudan (November 3, 1997)
8. Blocking Property of Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization Efforts in the Western Balkans (June 26, 2001)
9. Continuation of Export Control Regulations (August 17, 2001)
10. Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks (September 14, 2001)
11. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons who Commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism (September 23, 2001)
12. Blocking Property of Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Zimbabwe (March 6, 2003)
13. Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq has an Interest (May 22, 2003)
14. Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Export of Certain Goods to Syria (May 11, 2004)
15. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus (June 16, 2006)
16. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (October 27, 2006)
17. Blocking Property of Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or Its Democratic Processes and Institutions (August 1, 2007)
18. Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals (June 26, 2008)
19. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia (April 12, 2010)
20. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (February 25, 2011)
21. Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations (July 25, 2011)
22. Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen (May 16, 2012)
23. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 6, 2014)
24. Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan (April 3, 2014)
25. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (May 12, 2014)
26. Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela (March 9, 2015)
27. Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities (April 1, 2015)
28. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi (November 23, 2015)
29. Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption (December 20, 2017)

30. Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election (September 12, 2018)
31. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua (November 27, 2018)

Dang no wonder The Situation went to jail for tax fraud with all these shady characters contributing to him!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hi its me lafayette im going to have one moment of brilliance helping a bunch of tobacco farmers in the new world annoy the british into surrender and then spend the rest of my public career in prison in austria. someday, ill have a solo in a musical about hamilton lmao

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

emfive posted:

Schama's Citizens is pretty good, lots of focus on art of course.

There is pretty much an infinite pile of writing about the Napoleonic years.

Ooo oo I almost forgot my favorite book of all time, Rebecca Spang's The Invention Of The Restaurant. It's what made me start reading about 18th/19th century France in the first place. Her newer book, Stuff And Money, is also fascinating but I'm still re-reading it because I'm not smart enough to understand it and I can't pronounce the important French money term "assignats".

also Duff Cooper's old biography of Talleyrand is hilarious. Talleyrand was cspam as gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

just realized the real reason trump is speaking tobight: it’s my birthday and all I wanted was TRUMP

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

She wasn't consorting with just anyone, she was specifically consorting with an occupying army of nazis. If they shaved her head just for being a ho obviously that would have been hosed up

it's fun, imagining what the deleted content must be, from your likely extremely bad takes in re: it

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Harris of North Carolina has not yet been seated, and it's honestly probably gonna be a while before he is.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

juche avocado posted:

the L loving sucks and is loud as hell and slow

also the other parts of tha tnetwork

Counterpoint: I've never seen more hilariously one-sided fights then during my regular commute.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

thanks for the lesson professor

i dont have to tip do i

You know what that person's name was?

Einstein

Also lol tipping is extremely stupid and should stop

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Trump's going to order the military to build the wall and they won't do it the same way they didn't withdraw from Syria or kill Assad or do anything else the generals decided they didn't feel like doing.

Everyone will perceive this as Trump further damaging America by degrading norms and quietly overlook the U.S. military ever more publicly shrugging off civilian oversight or control.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
AOC is shifting the overton window through sheer force of will while Trump proves everything she's saying right, and the media is making sure we see every second of it while I'll making it clear they aren't your friends either through hit pieces on the only people in Washington with a spine. Every brain will be broken and reformed into radical leftists, or we'll find out that americans will never stand up for themselves

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

paranoid randroid posted:

hi its me lafayette im going to have one moment of brilliance helping a bunch of tobacco farmers in the new world annoy the british into surrender and then spend the rest of my public career in prison in austria. someday, ill have a solo in a musical about hamilton lmao

He lived to see Louis Phillipe crowned King of the French, so he was kind-of rehabilitated politically after 1815.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stefan Prodan posted:

if UNC wins I am just gonna run over and start yelling TRUMP outside your window

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Why wall not done

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

no that was the gay Prussian military officer Washington hired for valley forge

who ended up inspiring eric prince for some reason?? this came up in a bad-to-okay podcast ep yesterday

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Cosmosphere owns

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

oh im sorry they keep a regular schedule and are of acceptable cleanliness please excuse chicago for having a fully functional public transit system

of the three train systems i have been on, chicago is the worst. it's still good as hell because city trains rule, but chicago is still by far worse than dc and ireland

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doc Walrus posted:

Personally I don't think the 1940's definition of "Willingly" in the context of an incredibly violent occupation (or basically any other context) is very reliable

otoh many people tend to reflexively assume women in history had a lot less agency than they actually did, in large part because the writing of history until recently was very male-dominated and these male writers of course wouldn't give as much credence to what women were able to do behind and between sight of men

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

to be clear, coupons guy only crashed the forum when he tried to log in

the problem only resolved itself after he presumably concluded SA was dead after the website being down every time he tried to log in for like two weeks straight, and never logged in again

lol

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

I know JW is all gun fetish stuff but do dudes really chamber a round like that?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

luv this gif becuz Keanu looks like he's about to heave his gun like a chest-pass downcourt

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Dolash posted:

Trump's going to order the military to build the wall and they won't do it the same way they didn't withdraw from Syria or kill Assad or do anything else the generals decided they didn't feel like doing.

Everyone will perceive this as Trump further damaging America by degrading norms and quietly overlook the U.S. military ever more publicly shrugging off civilian oversight or control.

...or like Trump's military parade. Good times!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1082656586026438658

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

haljordan posted:

Why wall not done

patient

wall soon

wall bring back job and my marriage

wall make me happy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

too close to reality

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I know JW is all gun fetish stuff but do dudes really chamber a round like that?

Keanu clearly is on that clip so yeah

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

juche avocado posted:

it's fun, imagining what the deleted content must be, from your likely extremely bad takes in re: it

it's cool that I explicitly invoked the scarlet letter and he still couldn't grasp that social censure and rejection is still an extremely harsh punishment!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

chicago has the worst trains. dc has a great train system. ireland is way better.

8 years ago sure but now dc's are properly in the past tense there

love to have a giant fuckin pile of deferred maintenance

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

orange sky posted:

You know what that person's name was?

Einstein

Also lol tipping is extremely stupid and should stop

:rip: super dave

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

of the three train systems i have been on, chicago is the worst. it's still good as hell because city trains rule, but chicago is still by far worse than dc and ireland

Brits bitch all the time about London transit but seriously it's like science fiction to most Americans, especially some of the bigger, newer stations. It's awe-inspiring in a "how can this possibly be real" way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the military oppressing and mass arresting Trump voters would almost certainly be condemned by every lib

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

it doesn't look to me like he's chambering a round there, it looks like he's checking the window on his magazine to see how many shots he has left. there's probably still one in the chamber when he drops the mag.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

to be clear, coupons guy only crashed the forum when he tried to log in

the problem only resolved itself after he presumably concluded SA was dead after the website being down every time he tried to log in for like two weeks straight, and never logged in again

Wait what

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

juche avocado posted:

oh I jsut realized you didn't see the tweet before it was taken down

it was a picture of a french lady who allegedly willingly hosed nazis in vichy france having her head shaven by her angry neighbors

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a helpful bear posted:

patient

wall soon

wall bring back job and my marriage

wall make me happy

Wall :unsmith:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ScrubLeague posted:

okay, i suppose if you've only been on a few i can see that. chicago's are definitely a little crappier than dcs from my memory. but we've got the leg up on nyc because our poo poo actually runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress, schnorkles, introduce me to your hot af brother. he is hung like a motherfucekr