Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

Gonna have myself a listen to some vintage KoRn

E:

How the hell'd we wind up like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Budget cuts at the school of rock.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Over the holidays I went through my dad's old Mad Magazines just so I could scan the one I remembered the most.

1977 - The Lighter Side Of... Crime In The Streets

Even as a kid I found it sad and tragic.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Come And See posted:

Over the holidays I went through my dad's old Mad Magazines just so I could scan the one I remembered the most.

Mad was hella woke back in the day. I bought a box of those paperback collections Mad put out in the 70s at a yard sale when I was about 12, and they were full of stuff like that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My dad had a whole collection of Mad pockets, I remember reading them at an age where I was really much too young to properly appreciate them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/gdpyDF6.mp4

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

God I love Nedroid.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Why is the bathroom door made of see-through glass. It really must be hell

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

thehoodie posted:

Hell is other pee ple.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

thehoodie posted:

The first year I attended my high school there were no bathroom doors at all in one bathroom. Just two walls on either side of you. They finally installed them in my second year. The only other option til then was to use the ones by the gym, which was a newer toilet and had doors. It was bizarre.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

The first year I attended my high school there were no bathroom doors at all in one bathroom. Just two walls on either side of you. They finally installed them in my second year. The only other option til then was to use the ones by the gym, which was a newer toilet and had doors. It was bizarre.

i knew a rock music venue where the public bathroom didn't have a stall door, making it a lot harder to do drugs without being caught, but people went ahead and did drugs anyway

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

thehoodie posted:

No, that's the entrance to the ИƎM room, which is inside the bathroom. Duh.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

e: nws but no naughty bits visible

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/LtQuaUi.jpg:nws:

System Metternich has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Jan 7, 2019

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Might want to NSFW tag that my dude

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's okay, I work at IKEA.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Got a real LOL outta me, esp after reading the China thread with all those people sleeping/living in Ikea.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

trapped mouse posted:

i knew a rock music venue where the public bathroom didn't have a stall door, making it a lot harder to do drugs without being caught, but people went ahead and did drugs anyway

In Finland the classiest places are easily identified by their blue lighting in the toilets. Harder to do drugs if you cant find your veins, they claim.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Phlegmish posted:

My dad had a whole collection of Mad pockets, I remember reading them at an age where I was really much too young to properly appreciate them.

Same. Also they were instrumental in me self-teaching myself to read English (not my first language), my dad's Mad collection was mostly stuff from when he was in college, so late 60s and very early 70s. Hella counter-cultural stuff in there, with hindsight.

That stuff, and also my dad's old Tom Lehrer records. And then whatever I could get my hands on as far as nerd-genre literature went (was a nerdling in Norway in the 80s, rather limited selection of such stuff to read before one had to resort to English).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Same, Mad was a big part of my learning English. :hfive:

I have like 90% of Mad Magazine 1970–97ish plust idk 200+ pocket books, 100+ special issues, etc, etc. Mylar bags & all. Also complete run of the Danish version from 1962. It's my dad's old stacks that I added onto until it went to poo poo & I stopped collecting.

I had a weirdly detailed knowledge of American politics of the 1970s for a Danish kid born ~1980 lol.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mad was really helpful when learning about popular culture and American phenomenons as a pre-teen.

Every kid should know Lorena Bobbitt.

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
My parents having a bunch of Bloom County books around when I was growing up lead to my mother fielding questions about the sandinistas from 9 year old shamshel, and lead to me having a weirdly detailed knowledge of 80's politics for someone born in 88

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just LOL if your formative years weren't shaped by Krass & Bernie from CARtoons magazine.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Groke posted:

Same. Also they were instrumental in me self-teaching myself to read English (not my first language), my dad's Mad collection was mostly stuff from when he was in college, so late 60s and very early 70s. Hella counter-cultural stuff in there, with hindsight.

That stuff, and also my dad's old Tom Lehrer records. And then whatever I could get my hands on as far as nerd-genre literature went (was a nerdling in Norway in the 80s, rather limited selection of such stuff to read before one had to resort to English).

Hi, are you me?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gently caress off creep!

Come And See posted:

i remember reading that comic from a 90s finnish mad

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Biplane posted:

Hi, are you me?

...not sure. Are you right this minute waiting for a bus at the central station in Oslo? (Spooky if so.)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Groke posted:

...not sure. Are you right this minute waiting for a bus at the central station in Oslo? (Spooky if so.)

I did only a couple weeks ago!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well it's obvious then. You're a two week time displaced version.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well it's obvious then. You're a two week time displaced version.

hosed up if true

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Always suspected this

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sormus posted:

In Finland the classiest places are easily identified by their blue lighting in the toilets. Harder to do drugs if you cant find your veins, they claim.

It's not so much to do with not being able to find your veins as with not being able to find your rails. Fun fact: cocaine and meth are transparent to blue wavelengths, which is why you should not sneeze in a public restroom and in fact why most people will hold their breath or pinch their nose walking into one, and the reason they named the blue light forums as they did, cause ~invisible drugs~

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Jan 8, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

It's not so much to do with not being able to find your veins as with not being able to find your rails. Fun fact: cocaine and meth are transparent to blue wavelengths, which is why you should not sneeze in a public restroom and in fact why most people will hold their breath or pinch their nose walking into one, and the reason they named the blue light forums as they did, cause ~invisible drugs~

What?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's true every post in BYOB is secretly covered in lines of coke.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That explains a lot.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's true!

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Listen here pal: I spend a lot of time in public restrooms, and I've found some cool poo poo there, but never free drugs. They're never free.

As a side note, I just found out that the CEO of Vanguard investment group is named Tim Buckley. Now I fear my retirement savings will end in a Loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Brewmaster posted:

Listen here pal: I spend a lot of time in public restrooms, and I've found some cool poo poo there, but never free drugs. They're never free.

As a side note, I just found out that the CEO of Vanguard investment group is named Tim Buckley. Now I fear my retirement savings will end in a Loss.

It's often harder on the investor than on the broker.