Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

how is everyone here feeling emotionally

Aside from work burnout p good, which for this time of the year is real good for me because seasonal affective disorder kicks my rear end because my body doesn't process vitamin D correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cash Monet posted:

I'm trying to quit diet coke this year.

I've been making iced tea and will probably try lacroix or whatever but any other suggestions for replacements?

I kicked my coke zero habit by substituting club soda and citrus. It's also how I curbed my drinking

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is anyone else in that weird spot where they're glad to be back at work after the holidays because of boredom but also being back at work sucks after enjoying the free time

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

p. good, my glass is definitely half full to start the year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

Things are sweet, brother. You?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

Bipolar as gently caress, work is one miserable crisis after another, but that’s also to be expected with the job, and nobody is dead and/or severely injured (at least not physically, and any mental damage was a preexisting condition), outside of that life is pretty good, so :shrug:? I feel like I’ve just been running on autopilot for months now, so post holidays it’ll be good to feel like I’m in control again. Plus I’m getting all my vacations lined up for the next year, lots to look forward to!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Is anyone else in that weird spot where they're glad to be back at work after the holidays because of boredom but also being back at work sucks after enjoying the free time

I'm glad to be back at work because it means daycare is open again. I don't know how stay at home parents do it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cash Monet posted:

I've been making iced tea and will probably try lacroix or whatever but any other suggestions for replacements?

Ice water. I crave the stuff.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

I only got a couple days off, but in March I'm planning to take a couple extra days around when I go to Milwaukee to catch a Bucks game (7th row tickets hell yeah)

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Try swapping soda for whiskey.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

in 10 hours I'll be bopping down I-85 hating construction areas and 4 wheelers but loving sitting behind the wheel so yeah.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cash Monet posted:

Coke Zero

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

Doing alright. Still riding high from winning a flag football championship (stupid as the league, winning any league feels great), and my girlfriend will probably no longer be unemployed by the end of the year and not have to deal with unemployment bullshit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

I saw the woman who came extraordinarily close to being my mother in law last night at my gym. Spent last night thinking about everything since her daughter and I broke up and realizes that this is the best I've had it right now.

So pretty drat good!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Did that one guy ever quit/get fired?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

IIRC he good severance offer, and sounds like he was planning to bail regardless, so all is well

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ehud posted:

Not super great right now.

- I've dealt with anxiety issues all my life and have been trying to wean off my medication since last spring. My anxiety has been worse as a result (of course) but even with a slow taper I'm starting to hit a wall of symptoms lately that I wasn't experiencing earlier on in the process. I'm aware that it's almost certainly withdrawal symptoms and that I probably don't have brain cancer or whatever else but my mind can't help but worry about the worst.
- Doing work plus grad school simultaneously has been hugely stressful for the past 2.5 years and I still have half a year to go.
- I got married a few months ago, which is awesome, but also a big life adjustment! Our house is too small and cramped for four people (it used to just be me and my daughter) but we can't move until I finish school. And my four-year-old stepson wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and then gets up 60-90 minutes before my alarm goes off, playing and talking loudly. Good, uninterrupted nights of sleep don't happen much these days and I feel like a zombie.
- My daughter's mom went to prison three months ago and the holidays were hard for my daughter (and for me, as someone who cares about her). I need to find a good counselor in the area for her to talk to because she's been acting off but won't really open up to anybody right now.

There are a lot of good things in my life but I'm feeling very weary and ground-down and am having a tough time appreciating them :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

IIRC he good severance offer, and sounds like he was planning to bail regardless, so all is well

Should have quoted spo, I meant the agent whose cases he kept having to cover cause the guy was doing fuckall

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

Should have quoted spo, I meant the agent whose cases he kept having to cover cause the guy was doing fuckall

Lol, fair enough, screw that guy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

My self esteem and libido have both seen a slight uptick since I started lifting weights again. If I can't get the scale to move down I can at least be a bulky strong guy. It also means my back is feeling better and I'm sleeping better generally. Just need to make sure I ration the leftover Christmas candy and don't go too nuts.

How 'bout you?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
You have two choices

You can't watch your favourite team play live this weekend on TV you can either

a) Follow along on your phone on the ESPN app and just get text updates

b) Turn phone off and PVR the game and watch later that night

What is the choice? I am struggling here

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Weirdly enough, no... and he seems to have pulled his head out of his rear end. He's feeling the pain for his fuckery though, because everyone is doing 2 or 3 claims a day right now and he's been slamming through 4 or 5. Who knew not doing work made more work for yourself later on when they stop giving the work to someone else :thunk:

Edit: I just checked his claims and he is working on one today that he rightly could have given to me so alls well that ends well I suppose.

DariusLikewise posted:

You have two choices

I would do the DVR thing, understanding that I might get spoiled along the way.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 8, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DariusLikewise posted:

You have two choices

I normally follow along on my phone because it seems impossible to avoid the score while waiting to watch the game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would have to know. Not enough discipline not to check updates.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
B easily. Also whenever i think of taping a live game to watch later it reminds me of Air Force One and how the President gets the Michigan/ND game he had taped spoiled for him, and then Gary Oldman and his thugs take over

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

I would have to know. Not enough discipline not to check updates.

^

e:

How have we not made fun of Alabama yet itt?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

^

e:

How have we not made fun of Alabama yet itt?

I've been workshopping a Worst 44-16 incident since Roy Moore joke, but it just hasn't come to me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

DariusLikewise posted:

You have two choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BUnmP1DOw

Definitely just do the text updates unless you really don't care about seeing spoilers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I've been workshopping a Worst 44-16 incident since Roy Moore joke, but it just hasn't come to me.

I believe in you, Kalli.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

16 is enough in Alabama, apparently.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Petite Dinklage posted:

I was just using mine last night and realized I may have forgotten to recommend one of the best things to get: the non-stick ceramic inner pot.

I'll have to consider it after trying mine out a few times, wishlisted in the meantime

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don’t mind avoiding spoilers, but I don’t like to DVR thanks to one instance about 6 years ago. The Montana Grizzlies were in the FCS playoffs and hosting App State, and I had to work. I spent all goddamn afternoon doing a Bird Box approach to life since the whole town was shut down for it. When I finally made it to my girlfriend’s house to watch it that evening, I sat through an AMAZING game, not only was the football great but it was the perfect Montana evening game, it started in bright sun and clear skies, and by the end was a blizzard under the night sky and bright lights, couldn’t have been cooler. With the Griz up by a touchdown and about 1 minute left, App State led an impressive drive down to the goal line, until with only seconds remaining on the clock, the loving DVR shut off. Despite my paranoid brain making sure to add an hour of extra time, it shut off because loving DirectTV is run by Satan himself, and I had to look up the outcome of the final play online.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Go to the mall, the joke will find you.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I don’t mind avoiding spoilers, but I don’t like to DVR thanks to one instance about 6 years ago. The Montana Grizzlies were in the FCS playoffs and hosting App State, and I had to work. I spent all goddamn afternoon doing a Bird Box approach to life since the whole town was shut down for it. When I finally made it to my girlfriend’s house to watch it that evening, I sat through an AMAZING game, not only was the football great but it was the perfect Montana evening game, it started in bright sun and clear skies, and by the end was a blizzard under the night sky and bright lights, couldn’t have been cooler. With the Griz up by a touchdown and about 1 minute left, App State led an impressive drive down to the goal line, until with only seconds remaining on the clock, the loving DVR shut off. Despite my paranoid brain making sure to add an hour of extra time, it shut off because loving DirectTV is run by Satan himself, and I had to look up the outcome of the final play online.

The gameday thread for that game is in the goldmine. That game was amazing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

That sounds like hell. My father-in-law is coming into town for his birthday and we will probably be going out for dinner then coming home right around the time the game starts at 7 CST, but we only have one TV at home and they always like to watch SNL and a movie then goto bed so I can't really takeover the TV until they goto sleep. It would be easy enough to avoid spoilers for me, but its a question of whether or not I want to turn my phone on 3 hours after the game ends to 100 messages about how bad the Rams are once they lose.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gonna drop 20 lbs and try to get back to my every other day work gym routine, there’s no excuse not to.

What’s a basic rear end lifting routine people would recommend? The one fiz posted earlier?

I’m meeting with my doctor to see how my wrist is doing. I’ve had tendinitis since i was young from the martial arts and all that so i like to make sure I won’t hurt myself more.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Gonna drop 20 lbs and try to get back to my every other day work gym routine, there’s no excuse not to.

What’s a basic rear end lifting routine people would recommend? The one fiz posted earlier?

I’m meeting with my doctor to see how my wrist is doing. I’ve had tendinitis since i was young from the martial arts and all that so i like to make sure I won’t hurt myself more.

for rear end lifting you want to focus mainly on squats

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1082708109666193408

Paul Manafort's lawyers are very bad at lawyering

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wendler 5/3/1 is the best routine for beginners imo. You get plenty of warm up sets to learn the lift and then end each lift with a amrap set to build strength and muscle. It’s also really simple, not dogmatic and easy to customize around your injuries/equipment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Sooo collusion and no one is gonna talk abut it because they're all gonna try to dunk on a dude who's gonna go on a racist ramble for an hour tonight?