Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

My goodness, this would have caused a splash, but what an ingenious concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pan Dulce posted:

Really? thats where they draw the line? Really? Saying misogynist and phobic poo poo all the time but don't wear a dress that wouldn't make half the population blink. Lmao these people are out of touch.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
To all the fellas out there squeamish because ladies have periods once a month, remember you can’t spell ‘menstruation’ without M-E-N

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

No shade to all the ladies who don’t have periods for whatever reason, you do you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’ll be posting more of the greatest hits from my Twitter where I adopt the persona of an overly eager and supportive dude friend wrt periods until I get sick of that Manila costume which is never

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

To all the fellas out there squeamish because ladies have periods once a month, remember you can’t spell ‘menstruation’ without M-E-N

I think about this sketch literally every time someone mentions menstruation

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pan Dulce posted:

This is t o p n o t ch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Padded for the gods indeed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

graynull posted:

That sketch is 100% the inspiration for my Twitter

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

esperterra posted:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Carmen Carerra really taking issue with the Jersey Justice sketch on twitter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

Carmen Carerra really taking issue with the Jersey Justice sketch on twitter.

Carmen Carerra takes issues with a lot of things, especially Drag Race related. She was coming so hard for Gia Gunn the past few weeks, and it's like lmao Carmen why you hatin on Gia being mean did you forget about the Heathers? Or any other ridiculously hateful thing you've done online since your season?

5 G's girl

Tho knowing Carmen she's prob salted that she knows she'll never be invited back, while Gia and Sonique get to be the first ruturning, transitioned queens.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Carmen Carerra takes issues with a lot of things, especially Drag Race related. She was coming so hard for Gia Gunn the past few weeks, and it's like lmao Carmen why you hatin on Gia being mean did you forget about the Heathers? Or any other ridiculously hateful thing you've done online since your season?

5 G's girl

Tho knowing Carmen she's prob salted that she knows she'll never be invited back, while Gia and Sonique get to be the first ruturning, transitioned queens.

In her defense, every interaction I've seen between her and rpdr fans since she called out ru on the she- mail gag has been insanely hateful on the part of the rpdr fans so I can't blame her for salt entirely. gently caress we all know how even some of the other queens (cough, Bianca) reacted to that incident.

That said I had to unfollow her on insta because every post is just "look how great I look in these underwear, what do you mean most of my followers have intense dysphoria and I'm a genetic unicorn "

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The show and Ru (and fans ofc, but most Ru Girls have the same fan problem-- this show's online fandom is toxic af) have def treated Carmen hella unfairly, too. But her particular brand of being a bitch makes it hard for me to feel too bad for her.

It's a shame cause I really liked her on S3 tbh lol

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I just managed to catch the episode and

The Berzerker posted:

a few thoughts

- I thought the bottom two was right and if I had to add a third to the bottom it would have been Trinity tbh
- I did not understand Naomi's critiques at all, I thought it would be her and Monique, Naomi's comeback about the raggedy dog ("HER NAME IS PANINI") loving ruined me until I cried laughing
- was super turned off by Latrice saying poo poo like "I should stay because I am beloved", and loved Trinity's talking head where she was basically like "She did the worst this week, straight up, play fair, she goes home"
- loved Valentina's little rant about the judge followed by Monique immediately saying "girl I love you, but you're safe" and just walking away, lmao
- Monique did a lipsync with her wig staying on her loving head! that's the true-ah-ah sensation

next episode is gonna be wild

basically this (sans the first point) was my opinion too. (I guess if we must have a bottom 3 it would be Trinity but I think she was still a step above Latrice and Monet)

By right I think Naomi should be in the top with Monique too but they probably just wanted to milk the drama out of Latrice's potential elimination

Honestly I thought Monet did fine too. It would've been a safe performance on a normal season, just that the others turned in stronger performances. Only Latrice really flunked. And in that position saying basically "I should stay, hell, I should go on to win the crown because everyone loves me" is not cute at all and sounds entitled af.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pan Dulce posted:

Also this is a loving shoot

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pan Dulce posted:

This is amazing, wtf rpdr

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

graynull posted:

When it comes to periods and sketch comedy, you can't beat Kotex Classic, if for no other reason than the female SNL writers had to fight so hard for it because all the male writers just assumed that "nobody" would get it.

esperterra posted:

PADS FOR THE BLOOD GODS

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Pan Dulce posted:

LADIES. I am cramping, My period blood is simmering through my uterus and I have some things to say, ok?? I am DEEPLY and UTTERLY offended that the man standing in front of the wig, I do not appreciate her non-constructive criticism of my NATURAL body process.

Seriously tho, bleeding women everywhere needed this and I can’t believe of all things THIS was determined to be in “bad taste.” It wasn’t even close to gross or gory, like it is so loving perfectly done. I will never get over it.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Trig Discipline posted:

:emptyquote:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

you can be a oval office just not a bleeding one

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

resting mitch face posted:

LADIES👩‍⚕️. I am cramping🧟‍♀️✖️➗💲➿🔶®️, My period⚫️blood🔴 is simmering 🍲through my uterus 🌮🎗🍳and I have some things to say🗣💬, ok👌?? I am DEEPLY 🚇and UTTERLY 🐮offended 🤬that the man 👨standing🕴 in front of the wig,👩‍🎤 I do not🚫 appreciate🎁🎉 her non-constructive 👷‍♂️criticism 👎of my NATURAL🌳🌱 body 💃process.

Seriously tho, bleeding 🥀women 🧝‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧜‍♀️everywhere 🌏needed this ☄️and I can’t ubelieve 🌚🌝of all things THIS ‼️was determined 👩‍🚀to be in “bad taste🍺🍼.” It wasn’t even 🔁 close 👯‍♂️to gross 🤮or gory🧛🏼‍♂️, like it is so loving 🍆🍌🤼‍♂️ perfectly 💯done. I will never ❌get over 🧗‍♀️it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Manila really has just sparked the thread equivalent of a golden age in a civ game with that outfit I hope someone got fired over this

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

art

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

possibly worried about turning off their cis male gay audience since a fair amount of gay dudes are more than a bit misogynist. "OMG EW PERIODS NOOOO" is common as hell worldwide but especially within the gay community (in my personal experience as well as what I've seen online).

It's an amazing look and a complete bummer that the producers nope'd out on it.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

the escape goat posted:

possibly worried about turning off their cis male gay audience since a fair amount of gay dudes are more than a bit misogynist. "OMG EW PERIODS NOOOO" is common as hell worldwide but especially within the gay community (in my personal experience as well as what I've seen online).

It's an amazing look and a complete bummer that the producers nope'd out on it.

Not to say that there isn't a lot of awful "ew women's bodies" behavior with gay dudes, but I doubt the show-runners worry much about turning them off from watching the show at this point; that's got to be their most reliable demographic, right? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's more a mix of worrying about turning off VH1's casual audience (where most of the growth for this show is probably happening), advertising worries, and the producers/Ru just being wet blankets.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Anyone have any running theories for the big UPCOMING TWIST GAMECHANGER previewed in the next episode?

A couple of friends have suggested a return to LSFYLife, but that strikes me as too... boring? For All Stars
I feel like it's going to be some kind of juicy bullshit just like every other AS Season

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Poulpe posted:

Anyone have any running theories for the big UPCOMING TWIST GAMECHANGER previewed in the next episode?

A couple of friends have suggested a return to LSFYLife, but that strikes me as too... boring? For All Stars
I feel like it's going to be some kind of juicy bullshit just like every other AS Season

I think it is that though based on Ru saying all star rules are suspended

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chaotic Flame posted:

I think it is that though based on Ru saying all star rules are suspended

This. 'All Stars rules are in full effect' at the start of each season means LSFYLegacy, so I'm also thinking it's a return to LSFYLife.

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
I'm guessing maybe Ru wants more control over who wins, after the controversial results of AS3?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

zedar posted:

I'm guessing maybe Ru wants more control over who wins, after the controversial results of AS3?

Probably want to avoid another Ben delachrist moment since queens are already having trouble making cuts.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1082372049102913536?s=19

well I'm gooped

e: this is like when I was watching Gumball and one of the characters randomly said "All T no shade but this couple is sickening and not in a good way I'd say they're about to Lipsync for their Lives"

Eej fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 8, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

You missed the best part!

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1082373436754673664

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Just here to say that I love Manila's menstrual look and am genuinely shocked she wasn't allowed to wear it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

nerd_of_prey posted:

Just here to say that I love Manila's menstrual look and am genuinely shocked she wasn't allowed to wear it.

Dudes don't like to think about periods. Someone in the Instagram comments put it best that a natural bodily function that around 50% of the world experiences is too controversial (read: gross) but they're ok with an entire challenge about a John Waters dog poo poo eating scene

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

But what if the other fifty percent think it is super icky

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

preview is up! spoilered the link cuz of the URL contents

http://www.vh1.com/news/371691/manila-luzon-was-going-to-eliminate-monet-x-change/

bit baffled that the other queens are surprised by manila's decision. like, for all monet's talk of watching every season, how could she not see that coming? and are we meant to think of manila as a villain cuz she didn't pick latrice?

other news: monet is now will ferrel from Wedding Crashers!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've been catching up on my podcasts, and just heard the Race Chasers covering Snatch Game today.

I don't remember if anyone covered this yet, but there was some pretty juicy stuff.

1) They called Gia on the phone, who admitted that she and Farrah had actually talked out their issues off camera, but the producers urged Gia to try and hash it out again on camera, and she didn't have the opportunity to give Farrah the heads up about what she was doing. So when she did, Farrah was completely taken off guard thinking everything had already been resolved, and was naturally aghast that Gia was trying to stir all the poo poo up again.

2) She also confirmed that she never actually planned on doing Caitlin Jenner for Snatch Game, that off camera she and Trinity decided to produce that storyline themselves. Gia was planning on doing that nail lady the whole time.

3) Gia said that coming back to Drag Race was tough for her because it brought her back feelings from her first time around when she didn't realize yet that she was trans. Between that, and the fact that Ru didn't try and have a one on one with her, she ended up not wanting to be there, but didn't want to quit either.

4) Alaska and Willam also discussed Monet's Whitney. Alaska said that she had heard that Monet hadn't planned on doing Whitney, and Willam pointed out that everything was obviously Oprah. The wig, the glasses, all Oprah. They also talked about how it was dumb to do Whitney because Ru has never liked any of the queens doing Whitney, especially not since she passed away.

5) Willam talked about Snatch Game season 4, that the shenanigans we saw going down on the front row with PhiPhi, Jiggly and Kenya went on for far longer than show on screen. In fact, things got so bad, Willam just got up and left the set for at least 20 minutes. She went to go touch up her makeup and get her cardboard cutout prop. The producers kept on begging her to come back to set, but she stayed in character, and said that she'd return to set when she was good and ready.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nihonniboku posted:

I've been catching up on my podcasts, and just heard the Race Chasers covering Snatch Game today.

I don't remember if anyone covered this yet, but there was some pretty juicy stuff.

1) They called Gia on the phone, who admitted that she and Farrah had actually talked out their issues off camera, but the producers urged Gia to try and hash it out again on camera, and she didn't have the opportunity to give Farrah the heads up about what she was doing. So when she did, Farrah was completely taken off guard thinking everything had already been resolved, and was naturally aghast that Gia was trying to stir all the poo poo up again.

2) She also confirmed that she never actually planned on doing Caitlin Jenner for Snatch Game, that off camera she and Trinity decided to produce that storyline themselves. Gia was planning on doing that nail lady the whole time.

3) Gia said that coming back to Drag Race was tough for her because it brought her back feelings from her first time around when she didn't realize yet that she was trans. Between that, and the fact that Ru didn't try and have a one on one with her, she ended up not wanting to be there, but didn't want to quit either.

4) Alaska and Willam also discussed Monet's Whitney. Alaska said that she had heard that Monet hadn't planned on doing Whitney, and Willam pointed out that everything was obviously Oprah. The wig, the glasses, all Oprah. They also talked about how it was dumb to do Whitney because Ru has never liked any of the queens doing Whitney, especially not since she passed away.

5) Willam talked about Snatch Game season 4, that the shenanigans we saw going down on the front row with PhiPhi, Jiggly and Kenya went on for far longer than show on screen. In fact, things got so bad, Willam just got up and left the set for at least 20 minutes. She went to go touch up her makeup and get her cardboard cutout prop. The producers kept on begging her to come back to set, but she stayed in character, and said that she'd return to set when she was good and ready.

More spoilers, big dipper doesn't shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Gia’s aggressively stupid so I don’t believe anything she says.