Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Gonna drop 20 lbs and try to get back to my every other day work gym routine, there’s no excuse not to.

What’s a basic rear end lifting routine people would recommend? The one fiz posted earlier?

That one I posted is pretty intense and time intensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What are the odds that Trump just goes on TV and tells everyone the wall is already mostly done

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

waah posted:

Sooo collusion and no one is gonna talk abut it because they're all gonna try to dunk on a dude who's gonna go on a racist ramble for an hour tonight?

And its because Manafort's lawyer used a black highlighter instead of actually redacting the text :lol:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hit the gym first time in awhile today, trying to make 2019 where I focus on making me better, whether it’s working ou to look better, to going to the doctor to be healthier, to seeing a shrink to get my brain in Rome.

Here’s hoping I stick to it :shepicide:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

for rear end lifting you want to focus mainly on squats

Eeeeeeeehhhhhuuuuudddddd!!!!!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

That one I posted is pretty intense and time intensive.

I didn’t even click it, just from the context it seemed like a “meat and potatoes” type routine.

I can obviously google but i figured I’d ask since it was a hot topic of discussion here

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Gonna drop 20 lbs and try to get back to my every other day work gym routine, there’s no excuse not to.

What’s a basic rear end lifting routine people would recommend? The one fiz posted earlier?

I’m meeting with my doctor to see how my wrist is doing. I’ve had tendinitis since i was young from the martial arts and all that so i like to make sure I won’t hurt myself more.

I do a pretty basic routine I bastardized from the Intermediate Lifting thread in YLLS a while back:

Day 1:
Squat - 2x5
Straight-leg deadlift - 3x10
Pendelay rows - 4x6
Barbell curls - 3x8
Calf raises - 2x20

Day 2:
Barbell Bench press - 3x5
Dumbbell incline bench - 4x8
Military press - 3x8
Close-grip Bench Press - 3x10
Ab work

Day 3:
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg press - 2x10
Pull-ups - 3xAMAP
Dumbbell curls - 3x8
Farmer walks

Day 4:
Barbell incline bench - 3x5
Dumbbell Bench Press - 4x8
Seated press - 3x8
Tricep pressdown - 3x10
Ab work

Just do 3 workouts per week, rotating through the four different daily routines. I have literally no idea whether it’s good, but I’ve seen decent gains, maintained form, haven’t hurt myself, and still enjoy it, which is about all I ask. Adding a day of cardio is good too (as is post workout cardio), but entirely optional since being a responsible adult sucks donkey balls

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

how is everyone here feeling emotionally

v good op. although tired right this moment. ive somehow become addicted to forza horizon 3.

The holidays were really great, I got to see my family and my girlfriend's, do a bunch of fun stuff and just enjoy myself. I'm trying to put in some serious time I definitely drank way too much but my weight is pretty stable and very good for my height so I'm grateful for that. My father was a fat man and I've always worried that it might happen to me.

On Sunday I went up to Mt Charleston to sled and play in the snow with the girlfriend and the dog, there was about two feet of fresh powder, it was gorgeous and such a release to get out of the city and the desert. I also got a basketball for Christmas and I've been running around and shooting 3's as a way to keep myself fit, it's great because it keep you engaged until you're breathing hard and got a decent workout

Spoeank posted:

I kicked my coke zero habit by substituting club soda and citrus. It's also how I curbed my drinking

my coke habit status, on the other hand: still strong

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

You have two choices

You can't watch your favourite team play live this weekend on TV you can either

a) Follow along on your phone on the ESPN app and just get text updates

b) Turn phone off and PVR the game and watch later that night

What is the choice? I am struggling here

a) because that's what I did with week 17 in Europe as I couldn't get any streams to work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DariusLikewise posted:

What are the odds that Trump just goes on TV and tells everyone the wall is already mostly done

The White House has told the networks that it will be an eight-minute address.

The money is on him going on for four minutes about the flood of terrorists and drugs coming across the border or whatever poo poo, and then he announces that he's declaring a state of national emergency and he's re-appropriating military funding to begin wall construction (the legality of which is highly questionable), and then he closes by slamming Pelosi and Schumer and then saying, "God bless America."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

So.... still no pisstape?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I do a pretty basic routine I bastardized from the Intermediate Lifting thread in YLLS a while back:

Day 1:
Squat - 2x5
Straight-leg deadlift - 3x10
Pendelay rows - 4x6
Barbell curls - 3x8
Calf raises - 2x20

Day 2:
Barbell Bench press - 3x5
Dumbbell incline bench - 4x8
Military press - 3x8
Close-grip Bench Press - 3x10
Ab work

Day 3:
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg press - 2x10
Pull-ups - 3xAMAP
Dumbbell curls - 3x8
Farmer walks

Day 4:
Barbell incline bench - 3x5
Dumbbell Bench Press - 4x8
Seated press - 3x8
Tricep pressdown - 3x10
Ab work

Just do 3 workouts per week, rotating through the four different daily routines. I have literally no idea whether it’s good, but I’ve seen decent gains, maintained form, haven’t hurt myself, and still enjoy it, which is about all I ask. Adding a day of cardio is good too (as is post workout cardio), but entirely optional since being a responsible adult sucks donkey balls

How long does this workout routine take you to get through? I've not done a ton of weightlifting but every time I see a routine it feels like it would be done in like 20-30 minutes. Is that all there is to it?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1082718299308331009

Everyone is getting in on the fun.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So.... still no pisstape?

man you could set a watch to your "so... no pisstape :smuggo:" posts

Nov 6, 2002

Play posted:

man you could set a watch to your "so... no pisstape :smuggo:" posts

It's not smug, it's disappointment.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
IT'S REAL OKAY

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

deedee megadoodoo posted:

How long does this workout routine take you to get through? I've not done a ton of weightlifting but every time I see a routine it feels like it would be done in like 20-30 minutes. Is that all there is to it?

I didn’t include warmups or cardio as personal preferences vary, but it’s been my experience that if it’s a good day and I’m cruising through I’ll get finished with lifting in about 45-75 minutes, one where I’m dragging will take closer to 90. Variance largely is due to rest periods, whether it takes me 60 seconds between sets to stop wheezing and shake out the lactic acid, or if it takes closer to 3 or 4 minutes, which is what I’ll usually take between sets of squats or deadlifts. I also do loads of foam rolling and stretching, but only really warm up on my first lift or two, usually 3 or 4 sets increasing to my working weight; by the second or third lift on a given day I just dive into the working weight without building up to it first.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

how is everyone here feeling emotionally

My therapist asked in all seriousness and in concerned voice, "I'll see you next month, right?". So, going just swell.

weird Asian candy posted:

Meh. I'm in a weird spot where I don't like my job, but I also don't hate it. I've been passively looking and have gotten a few offers but all for lateral moves and it's hard for me to justify making the leap when I have it pretty good where I'm at. I just hate the work. Have you gotten into the containerized stuff yet, ie Kubernetes and Docker? It's been my focus for a bit and I hate it and don't want to do it anymore :smith:

I loving hate Docker. We're having it forced on us with no actual demand from any other technical teams. The higher ups are making us wedge it in to our toolset and then hype it up, knowing drat well it's going to make our lives exponentially worse.

gently caress IT.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's not smug, it's disappointment.

okay okay i got this "so... no pisstape :smith:

*blows on pointer finger like its the tip of a hot gun*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Depends how much rest you take in between sets but that should take you probably between 30-50 mins depending on your rest intervals. Also if you are flying through them you probably are lifting heavy enough.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 8, 2019

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I loving hate Docker. We're having it forced on us with no actual demand from any other technical teams. The higher ups are making us wedge it in to our toolset and then hype it up, knowing drat well it's going to make our lives exponentially worse.

gently caress IT.

I stand in solidarity with you in our hatred for docker. Ours is being forced by our senior developer and he has helped a lot but still it is his brain child that I am expected to deliver on and half the time I have no effing clue what I am doing. Also documentation is terrible and of no help to someone like me who has no prior experience with containers/docker/kubernetes.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

docker is one of those things where it got headspace initially and now everyone's stuck with it for a decade so it's a commodity on resumes, there's entire cons dedicated to it, etc.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DariusLikewise posted:

The real wall was inside of us all along

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Docker has potential, but it's like the early days of VMware. The technology isn't mature enough for what people are trying to do with it. If you have a need, then it's a cool tech, but you don't need your entire loving domain controller cluster in it for fucks sake goddamn.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Docker for Mac is the worst part of my day

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I've been super lazy about lifting since getting into bjj. I feel like I have a specific reserve of energy and I have trouble doing both

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What the heck is Docker

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

What the heck is Docker

It's bullshit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

What the heck is Docker

its pants you wear in business casual environments

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I stand in solidarity with you in our hatred for docker. Ours is being forced by our senior developer and he has helped a lot but still it is his brain child that I am expected to deliver on and half the time I have no effing clue what I am doing. Also documentation is terrible and of no help to someone like me who has no prior experience with containers/docker/kubernetes.

One of our dev teams started containerizing their app without informing the infrastructure architects (my team). Ok cool, we'll just roll out a completely new build and deployment process for your snowflake project. When do you need it? Oh for this afternoon? Yeah that's not happening. They ended up just using the docker stuff for their dev sandboxes and deploying the app using the existing pipelines once they realized all the overhead that was involved. I'm all for playing with new toys, but you have to at least loop us in at the beginning. But because teams have started playing with Docker it got added to our roadmap for the year. Having used it in the past, I'm not exactly thrilled with it and I really fail to see how it gets us any sort of benefit.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

what? what size company do you work in? all the startups i've been in have been containerized/containerizing for the past few years. it's def the future.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Spoeank posted:

What the heck is Docker

The docker is the guy who puts his hog in the other hog

The dockee is the receiver of the hog

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

That doesn't even get into the space docker

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

what? what size company do you work in? all the startups i've been in have been containerized/containerizing for the past few years. it's def the future.

Look bro, I'm a Windows/VMWare(ESX) guy. This right here is some straight bullllllllllllllllllllllllshit.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

What the heck is Docker

running stuff on servers has gone from the bare metal to virtual machines which are isolated by the cpu to containers which are isolated by the operating system. docker is a set of management tools for containers.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Look bro, I'm a Windows/VMWare(ESX) guy. This right here is some straight bullllllllllllllllllllllllshit.

lol. is there even a windows docker client yet? i know it took them a while to make a mac client.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

lol @ the windows/vmware guy talking about the future.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

One of our dev teams started containerizing their app without informing the infrastructure architects (my team). Ok cool, we'll just roll out a completely new build and deployment process for your snowflake project. When do you need it? Oh for this afternoon? Yeah that's not happening. They ended up just using the docker stuff for their dev sandboxes and deploying the app using the existing pipelines once they realized all the overhead that was involved. I'm all for playing with new toys, but you have to at least loop us in at the beginning. But because teams have started playing with Docker it got added to our roadmap for the year. Having used it in the past, I'm not exactly thrilled with it and I really fail to see how it gets us any sort of benefit.

this is basically what containerization is supposed to solve, lol. devs shouldn't control the deployment stack at all.

Nov 6, 2002

vmware lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

lol. is there even a windows docker client yet? i know it took them a while to make a mac client.

2016 introduced containers

lol @ the windows/vmware guy talking about the future.

I ain't talkin about the future. I should add I also was forced into AWS at my current company too, so yay!

It's very much alive and well. Get jobs shot over to me almost daily.