Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

spiny posted:

OSHA related:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46793916

choice quote from the article:

Dr Magdalena Edington, from Glasgow's Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, wrote the report for the December edition of BMJ Case Reports.

In it, she said: "Prescribing errors are common, and medications with similar names and packaging increase risk.

"However, it is unusual in this case that no individual, including the patient, general practitioner or dispensing pharmacist, questioned erectile dysfunction cream being prescribed to a female patient, with ocular application instructions.

"We believe this to be an important issue to report, to enhance awareness and promote safe prescribing skills."

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
/

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

The Lone Badger posted:

The schoolyard scuttlebut back when I was a we'un was that the book had been deliberately sabotaged to be useless and dangerous to the user.

I had a copy of it from usenet back in the day. I also had another usenet book that was mostly about blue boxes, red boxes, and the infamous "blotto box". I can't remember the name of the book. It was "Captain someone's..."
In that one, it explicitly said some of the instructions are wrong on purpose so if you don't understand it, don't try.
The blotto box one was where you back feed 240v from a generator into the phone system at the telephone pole. I hope no-one ever tried it. One would think that it would immediately pop the breaker on the generator but who knows. Thus the warning not to try it. I assume there would be fire.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

mostlygray posted:

I had a copy of it from usenet back in the day. I also had another usenet book that was mostly about blue boxes, red boxes, and the infamous "blotto box". I can't remember the name of the book. It was "Captain someone's..."
In that one, it explicitly said some of the instructions are wrong on purpose so if you don't understand it, don't try.
The blotto box one was where you back feed 240v from a generator into the phone system at the telephone pole. I hope no-one ever tried it. One would think that it would immediately pop the breaker on the generator but who knows. Thus the warning not to try it. I assume there would be fire.

Was it Captain Crunch? He was a famous phone phreaker.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I forgot about the crunch whistle :aaaaa:

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Explosionface posted:

Was it Captain Crunch? He was a famous phone phreaker.

I think that was it! Thanks! It was a book of all phone phreaking and also social engineering based proto-hacker stuff.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sneakyfrog posted:

I forgot about the crunch whistle :aaaaa:

Wasn't there a guy who even perfected whistling at 2600hz, the exact tone needed to work through the phone system.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the one I was thinking of was literally a toy whistle that came in a box of captain crunch. did a perfect 2600hz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Draper

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wasn't there a guy who even perfected whistling at 2600hz, the exact tone needed to work through the phone system.

Yeah. I don't remember his name off the top of my head, but he was blind and had perfect pitch. If I remember correctly he later regressed into a childlike state and spent the end of his life living as a kid.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah. I don't remember his name off the top of my head, but he was blind and had perfect pitch. If I remember correctly he later regressed into a childlike state and spent the end of his life living as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joybubbles

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
John Draper is also a (supposed) paedophile.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
'lectricity is fun

https://i.imgur.com/sgzNVAD.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/1gWIQXy.mp4

:nws: :nms:
https://i.imgur.com/nkuqCXu.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Might want to NMS that third one

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The third one looks just like one of the emergency evacuation systems for the Shuttle crew at launch.
In case sliding down a tube along the rocket into a bunker under the lauchpad seems too far-fetched for people in spacesuits.

schmug
May 20, 2007

this doesn't look ideal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XPK3AX3Yk
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1082585465440604160

and oops, too late

schmug fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 8, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Take that, carbon footprint

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

'lectricity is fun

poo poo son, that guys dead as gently caress. Or at the least, hopefully, just horribly electrocuted/shocked?/death beamed?/ farted?/zapped and knocked out as gently caress.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 8, 2019

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

poo poo son, that guys dead as gently caress. Or at the least, hopefully, just horribly electrocuted and knocked out as gently caress.

Electrocution is death by electric shock.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Then let me correct that.

Hopefully he wasn't hit with a critical magic missile and only took 1d4 dmg.

:ninja:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 8, 2019

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

Electrocution is death by electric shock.

English
electrocution

Etymology
electrocute +‎ -ion

Noun
electrocution (countable and uncountable, plural electrocutions)

3. (informal) A severe electric shock, whether fatal or not.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:mad:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:science:

Look, I havn't played in like 2 years. I'm rusty.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Then let me correct that.

Hopefully he wasn't hit with a critical magic missile and only took 1d4 dmg.

:ninja:
you can't crit with a magic missile because it hits with no attack roll :eng101:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

you can't crit with a magic missile because it hits with no attack roll :eng101:

:hmmyes:

schmug
May 20, 2007

this hasn't to be the dumbest derail

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

schmug posted:

Loooong loooong vancian magic systems?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

schmug posted:

What kind of bonuses would a high vis vest give to a D&D character?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Yawgmoth posted:

-2 circumstantial penalty to Hide checks

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

+1, Charisma, Uncanny Dodge Feats, Resistance vs Acid. Favoured Enemy : ooze.
-5 modifier on Hide Checks
Requires Lawful or Neutral

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

With every new post my DnD cred goes down. Looks like I have to retire my lvl 4 Half Orc Mage in shame.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

there's no d5 in the easiest most accessible version of the game, which everyone agrees is 3.5

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

there's no d5 in the easiest most accessible version of the game, which everyone agrees is 3.5

I'm running a 3.1 campaign right now (mostly 3.0 books but with a bit of 3.5 revisions scattered about)

I really cut my teeth on AD&D 2 and I do miss THAC0 sometimes (mostly I miss seamless Spelljammer integration)

What thread is this again

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Spelljammer is seriously the only acceptable way to play D&D once atmospheric protection spells become feasible. "Y'all beat the fire elementals in five rounds? That's cool how about defeating A WORLD OF PURE FIRE AHAHAHAHA."

Anyway, check out this badass ole Japanese dude slapping rice cakes while someone else wales on it with a giant wooden hammer. That's kinda OSHA-y.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

D5 is just a D10 divided by 2, rounded up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Here's an idea

shut up, dorks.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm the barbed wire on the railings

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

Here's an idea

shut up, dorks.

Truckfuckler trap sprung.

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt
I can't find it again, but I saw a video going around on facebook the other day where a dump truck was driving along with the tray raised and two guys riding up at the top edge of the tray. The truck approaches a power line and to make sure they have enough clearance (I'm assuming) the guys try to lift the power line... with what appeared to be metal rods.

Obviously, this didn't end well for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cross postin'

Is that a cutting disc? Because if he was grinding with it, I think I figured out the problem...