Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

I am also giving a response to Trump, which will be 8 minutes of me holding down the fart button on a soundboard

Post ur link please, I’ve already masturbated watched a 12-disc video series about guns and boats and planes and death so I’m all spent for the viewing underwear thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is awesome

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1082752461792628736

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just want everyone to know I predicted Ted Lieu would give a response, just not that he'd choose to do it on his own.

Go away, Ted Lieu.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I will laugh my rear end off if the whole reason Trump wants to pull troops out of Syria and Afghanistan is so he can force them to build his wall and seize property.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Far-left"? Where is her Kalashnikov

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1082760135359905793

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I support her wholeheartedly on this, but why are we getting sources from chud twitter man who writes for the conservative version of the Weekly World News?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

I support her wholeheartedly on this, but why are getting sources from chud twitter man who writes for the conservative version of the Weekly World News?

because it's funny seeing how divorced from reality they are.

even if trump had done or said nothing else racist he started his campaign claiming our black president isn't american. that's all you need.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

If anyone wants some quick numbers to cite from analysis like this, consider the top states in the US for billionaires (with a grain of salt, given that it's from Forbes and I'm not sure their metrics are public) : California has 124, New York has 93, Texas has 48, and Florida has 44. That's over half the total number in the US, and no other state cracks 20.

In order, California has the highest top marginal rate in the union, at 13.2%. I believe that includes long term capital gains. New York has a relatively high top marginal rate of 8.82%, and I think that includes capital gains. Texas and Florida do not have an income tax.

Those numbers are obviously not of the same magnitude as a return to a 70% top marginal rate. But by the same token, moving within the United States is a vastly different proposition from relocating to another country. There are a lot of factors involved in people of such absolute means choosing to live where they do. I'll believe some billionaires moved to Texas or Florida, and I absolutely believe the fantastically wealthy will act to minimize their tax burden. I also don't think that billionaires will stop living in California or New York any time soon, and if Texas implements an income tax I don't think we'll see a flood of wealthy Texans moving to income-tax-free South Dakota to join the lone billionaire there.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah but he never said the hard r in front of her while making eye contact and holding his right hand up as a pledge so how can he be racist??/?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Groovelord Neato posted:

because it's funny seeing how divorced from reality they are.

even if trump had done or said nothing else racist he started his campaign claiming our black president isn't american. that's all you need.

No it isn't. you're just signal boosting these morons. Please stop posting CHUD twitter accounts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man you do love being wrong. watch out folks someone in dnd is gonna become radicalized in this very thread.

very cool thread here:

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1082694415544713216

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Nate is having a galaxy brain day.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1082761745607872518

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

FizFashizzle posted:

I just want everyone to know I predicted Ted Lieu would give a response, just not that he'd choose to do it on his own.

Go away, Ted Lieu.

why do you hate ted lieu

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

I support her wholeheartedly on this, but why are we getting sources from chud twitter man who writes for the conservative version of the Weekly World News?

I couldnt find a non chud embed video :(

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No it isn't. you're just signal boosting these morons. Please stop posting CHUD twitter accounts.

No offense man, but I really doubt the most left section of a dead comedy forum are going to signal boost anyone, or anyone in Dnd Is going to go "you know what Trump is right!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

Why are you all hating on my man Ted Lieu?

he's a useless spotlight chasing idiot who does very little useful aside from twitter dunks between calls for civility and talking about how honorable beacons ghouls like McCain were and all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Riptor posted:

why do you hate ted lieu

Ted Lieu is fine, he's just the stereotype of what every right winger thinks a democratic #resist type is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Zophar posted:

I will laugh my rear end off if the whole reason Trump wants to pull troops out of Syria and Afghanistan is so he can force them to build his wall and seize property.

There’s like a combined 5,000 troops in Syria and Afghanistan vs half a million active duty troops already in the US.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TulliusCicero posted:

No offense man, but I really doubt the most left section of a dead comedy forum are going to signal boost anyone, or anyone in Dnd Is going to go "you know what Trump is right!"

Signal boost doesn't man agreement. Putting these morons in front of anyone is a terrible thing to do, especially if there are non regressive sources to use instead. If it's the only source, whatever. But posting Wohl twitter and the equivalents should be probatable at this point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kinda feel bad for ted. he was the tweetin congressman and now all these freshwomen are crushing it.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Signal boost doesn't man agreement. Putting these morons in front of anyone is a terrible thing to do, especially if there are non regressive sources to use instead. If it's the only source, whatever. But posting Wohl twitter and the equivalents should be probatable at this point.

hahahahaha gently caress no.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
It's silly, but it seems harmless that Sanders and Liu want to issue their own statements. Hopefully there aren't more coming.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Memnaelar posted:

The tweet also fails to take into account that you can often shave 30 - 50% of a sentence off (depending on your location) for "good time" spent in jail/prison, i.e. generally avoiding problematic behavior for the system.

So 2.5 years to go doesn't conform with the reality of the situation at all if he hasn't had issues and is good time-eligible.

The thread has more information about how the sentence works. The 2.5 years is assuming good behavior.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

kinda feel bad for ted. he was the tweetin congressman and now all these freshwomen are crushing it.

hahahahaha gently caress no.

Ted was never that good at twitter, he just didn't have any competition.

Regarding CHUD Twitter, I will never understand why people want to voluntarily look at the abyss constantly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

to defeat your enemy you must know them. i read/watch/listen to a lot more right wing poo poo than i did when i was actually conservative. it aint exactly pulling me back in.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

to defeat your enemy you must know them. i read/watch/listen to a lot more right wing poo poo than i did when i was actually conservative. it aint exactly pulling me back in.

And get in sick twitter burns on them.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/charlesarthur/status/1082760079152173057

The Best People

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Ted was never good at twitter burns he was just a generic #resist dude who was the only guy who even knew how to work twitter enough to say 'actually sir women's rights ISN'T fake news' and it made all the wine moms go 'oh my god THIS IS EVERYTHING'.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh yeah he was never good at it i just meant that was his "thing".

The Super-Id posted:

And get in sick twitter burns on them.

no doubt.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I couldnt find a non chud embed video :(

Eh, I understand. I appreciate you posting good sources in both Trump threads regardless :)

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Ted was never that good at twitter, he just didn't have any competition.

Regarding CHUD Twitter, I will never understand why people want to voluntarily look at the abyss constantly.

I just find their deranged world view and grandiose opinions of themselves really loving funny, but I guess I could go to the self own culture warrior thread in C-Spam for that.

Probating people that want to post something funny is pretty dumb imo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
All this talk about Ted Liu just makes him seem like an okay to hip cool dude...not sure why there's hate on him, yet.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
Bruce out there telling it like it is:

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/1082765049587027971

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah. It being as crazy and disconnected as you see there is exactly what pushed me away from that movement.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More important than this stupid 8 min address

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1082763098203672577

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Although it might seem like :tinfoil: , there is a possibility, on the outside, that this was done on purpose to communicate facts to other parties. Manafort has now managed to communicate to other witnesses what he said, or might have said, to the OSC, and the other witnesses now have a way to guide where their stories are.

It seems far-fetched, but it also seems far-fetched that professional lawyers do not know how to redact documents.

In case anyone needs a reminder, everything about this case is fractally weird. You zoom in on the details, and it is more weird, and there doesn't seem to any limit to how many steps of association the miasma of incompetency covers.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fantastic

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1082763098203672577

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1082676221404725250

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I rarely if ever encounter chuds irl, the tweets are useful for reminding myself that yes, they exist and yes, they really are that stupid and terrible

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I wonder who

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1082648642488537089?s=21