Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

"Swit swoo" is another all time moment, though how did she get down from the bridge so quickly? I was going to say I didn't remember a lot of that page, but the middle three panels are completely new!

Jack may have been catatonic for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

howe_sam posted:

"Swit swoo" is another all time moment, though how did she get down from the bridge so quickly?

The answer, as it always is with these kinds of queries, is "Very carefully."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Some Guy TT posted:

It's unnerving thinking about what real life anecdote inspired Dustin's narcolepsy. A sick millennial or one who's so overworked regular sleep isn't an option? Either way just assuming the cause is laziness is crass to say the least.

Maybe obstructive sleep apnea. Serious medical issue instead of "oh he's a lazy millennial"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Shut your mouth! Team Evans would NEVER go for the lazy option that's been done before!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I kind of like the twist of "Concerned Father/Indifferent Mother Dustin."
:lol: that's what I thought of too

F Minus

Macanudo

That's it. That's today's strip.

Mark Trail

Does "si" require the diacritical mark?

Mary Worth

HR probably has thoughts on the matter too.

The Phantom

That's a pretty good panel there.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Looks like the Morgans are going to adopt another one.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

"Well, thanks for the ride, I'll just get out here and...why won't these doors open?"

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

howe_sam posted:

"Swit swoo" is another all time moment
Maybe I am just too tired to parse it... what is a "swit swoo," please?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TofuDiva posted:

Maybe I am just too tired to parse it... what is a "swit swoo," please?

I believe a vocalised impersonation of a wolf whistle.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Haifisch posted:

Nuclear take:

Put whatever ingredients you like into your chili. It's a stew, the whole point is being able to vary the ingredients based on what you have on hand.

Unless you're this guy, then bash your head into the wall because you're a fuckwit.

That gallery is insufferable haha.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

HR probably has thoughts on the matter too.

Goddamn, Toby is still a massively overcomplicating moron.

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

Phantom is rad as hell. Did Heloise feed Kadia some suspicious edibles?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SnotGrumble posted:

I think so.

yessssssssssssss

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (August 26, 1931)

Peanuts (January 11, 1972)

Mopey Pete and BoyLisa's Comic Book Funhouse (featuring That Crankshaft Woman, who, now that she has a recurring role, is as bored and disaffected as everybody else)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 21-22, 1931)

Thimble Theater (August 1-3, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck (March 29-31, 1923)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Yvonmukluk posted:

I believe a vocalised impersonation of a wolf whistle.

Ahhh, that makes sense now! Thanks! :tipshat:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Next Time: New adventure!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It would be great if BoyLisa and Mopey Pete just...stopped this. Stopped all of this. Just went the hell away and stopped it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hostile V posted:

It would be great if BoyLisa and Mopey Pete just...stopped this. Stopped all of this. Just went the hell away and stopped it.

In the Funkyverse, you have to EARN the sweet release of death. You can only embrace oblivion after you've accumulated enough sadness and misery and pain and hopelessness.

Miles to go before you sleep, and all that.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Powered Descent posted:

In the Funkyverse, you have to EARN the sweet release of death. You can only embrace oblivion after you've accumulated enough sadness and misery and pain and hopelessness.

Then get cancer faster, goddamn you!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Hell, even that's not a guarantee. Saint Lisa routinely has her corpse dug up and paraded around. And her ghost has to put in appearances all the time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Next Time: New adventure!

I super enjoyed this Modesty Blaise story, and I especially like Sam. I hope she shows up in more storyarcs.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

isn't the corn thing true of every vegetable with cellulose?

they made a Family Circus cartoon special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfmdwJP5tE

would have been more appropriate last month but I just today found out about this

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Haifisch posted:

Unless you're this guy, then bash your head into the wall because you're a fuckwit.

You weren't kidding about the fuckwit part, holy poo poo. You have NO ROOM to call people out for using chili seasoning packets if you're gonna put loving brown sugar in your chili, motherfuck me Jesus.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

is the shoulder of Helen's coat supposed to be the same color as the background wall

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

snack eater posted:

is the shoulder of Helen's coat supposed to be the same color as the background wall

her loathing of her son is pretty transparent

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

'And I totally had a great zinger as I kicked your dad across the face and crashed the plane in a neighbourhood. Only the fight wasnt out of him so I choked him out with his own tie it was great!'

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Maxwell Lord posted:

I have never worked in the comics industry,

Neither has Tom Batiuk, and it galls him.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

So Josh Fruhlinger, aka The Comics Curmudgeon, has started reading Dustin as part of his new year's resolution to look at different strips. here is his take on this strip:

The Comics Curmudgeon posted:

It may not have been obvious from the Dustins I’ve showcased here but the gimmick of Dustin is that Dustin is a 23-year-old college graduate who has moved back in with his parents and is having Failure To Launch problems. As a Gen-Xer, I am a neutral party in the raging war between Baby Boomers and Millennials, and I hereby declare that Dustin is really lovely in its treatment of young people! Like surely there is humor to be mined from this conflict of worldviews but instead we get things like today, “Ha ha, youths can’t hold down a job because they just spontaneously fall asleep all the time! Meanwhile, the ADULTS who MADE THIS COUNTRY WHAT IT IS TODAY are going to enjoy some LEGITIMATE HIGHBROW CULTURE.”

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's funny because Ed is a Gen Xer.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

Is it just me, or does the shading on the plane at right make it look like a butt?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's funny because big box stores love to fire the newest employee because it's easiest to show how much money you saved by pointing at a paycheck you no longer have to make.

Ha, ha... ha. What does funny mean again?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gleebster posted:

Neither has Tom Batiuk, and it galls him.
Batiuk's stuff about the comics industry drives me nuts, because it's so cargo-cult-y. He seems to love the Golden Age, but not in any way that's actually identifiable by someone familiar with the actual comics from that era. He just...apes art styles and creates characters who wouldn't be able to fill a four-panel one-off parody comic.

Dawgstar posted:

It's funny because big box stores love to fire the newest employee because it's easiest to show how much money you saved by pointing at a paycheck you no longer have to make.

Ha, ha... ha. What does funny mean again?
Sadly, this is one of those "the joke is that it's not a joke" Retail strips.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Synthbuttrange posted:

'And I totally had a great zinger as I kicked your dad across the face and crashed the plane in a neighbourhood. Only the fight wasnt out of him so I choked him out with his own tie it was great!'

"So now that I've worked your dad over like he owed me money, can we still be friends?"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Julet Esqu posted:

Hell, even that's not a guarantee. Saint Lisa routinely has her corpse dug up and paraded around. And her ghost has to put in appearances all the time.

Les digs her up twice a month. :pervert:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Batiuk's stuff about the comics industry drives me nuts, because it's so cargo-cult-y. He seems to love the Golden Age, but not in any way that's actually identifiable by someone familiar with the actual comics from that era. He just...apes art styles and creates characters who wouldn't be able to fill a four-panel one-off parody comic.

This is as good a place as any to remind everyone of the excruciating history of Batom Comics he wrote a few years ago.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No way I'm clicking on that

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

No way I'm clicking on that

Wimp.

Okay, here's a mirror of the first half posted on Son of Stuck Funky.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Wimp.

i'm still not going to loving read that

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

This is as good a place as any to remind everyone of the excruciating history of Batom Comics he wrote a few years ago.
Jesus that is aggressively uninteresting.

The Dinette Set is asking for trouble.

Working Daze references a comic nobody remembers.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix flew over the cuckoo's nest.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

EasyEW posted:

Wimp.

somehow worse than i thought

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Samovar posted:

In today's Corto Maltese: Setting the scene with the good Duchess Seminova, or Remind me never to fall in love with a Russian, then, or Will our heroes survive?! Write in YOUR answer on the back of an envelop to this address:

What on earth is an American built DH.4 doing in central asia? Did somebody remilitarize a mail plane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life reaches new lows - think this one will be corrected later?

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner