Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

confirmed for gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I know one of them is Vi but I can't tell who the other is. The one character that people use the hot principal costume on 24/7?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

It's Fiora

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i want simple champions again. i hope the new one ends up pretty simple outside of his ult.

will he have less than 5 passive abilities?

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 9, 2019

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nice design, really like the chained prisoner concept reminds me of a certain fantasy series.

Looks like a fun champion, the ult stealing thing is cool but his e will make that even stronger. That dash/gap close looks huge in range, gonna be interesting. Having that kind of range on a Kennen, Neeko ult could be insane.

Btw how does the damage on his ult work? If the scaling is the same as enemy's than it will be useless to hijack certain champs ults.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It sounds like they'll give him AP ratios, like Riven probably grants bonus AP?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
will he be overtuned enough for all 5 roles?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
if he dies primarily magic damage he'll be a sick jungler

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Servaetes posted:

It sounds like they'll give him AP ratios, like Riven probably grants bonus AP?

Sylas converts non-hybrid AD ratios into AP ratios, granting him .5 AP: 1 Bonus AD and .4 AP: 1 Total AD respectively."

Not sure if I understand this right, so if he ults Zed he gets the zed ult but with the death mark ratio as ap ratio and ap dmg?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Isn’t Sylas the name of the badguy in the Zybourne Clock?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Aside from his ult and his collab with Engels, the new champ seems super bland

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Sylas can steal ULTS now... What’s the best ults he can steal?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Spam Musubi posted:

Cho

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Now that's what I call eating the rich :grin:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Noxian :thermidor:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
New champ seems cool - but is he bi? This is what I really need to know

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Seems a natural fit for top lane - cc, healing, dash, duelist out the rear end.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

I'm sure Sylas rejects the oppressive concept of gender.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

That or in my opinion Pykes/Darius’s. That is crazy

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

he loves abolishing the wage system and seizing the means of production

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Won't that be terrible without the passive to go with it?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

misguided rage posted:

Won't that be terrible without the passive to go with it?

There's no passive part of the skill, though. Rank 1/2 have temp reset, Rank 3 gives full reset.

That said, Cho's ult is gonna be a great one to steal since you can get permanent stats from it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Spam Musubi posted:

Assuming his builds tilt more toward damage than pure tank, ults from supports and tanks seem like they'd be hilarious. Naut and Leo have a .8 ratio. Malphite has 1.0 on his ult. Drag yourself into the team with chains then Malphite ult would probably be fine.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mikujin posted:

There's no passive part of the skill, though. Rank 1/2 have temp reset, Rank 3 gives full reset.

That said, Cho's ult is gonna be a great one to steal since you can get permanent stats from it.

I think he means the damage which scales off of the number of Darius' passive stacks.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
fully auto attack luxury gay top lane communism

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The Shortest Path posted:

I think he means the damage which scales off of the number of Darius' passive stacks.

Ah, yeah, this is true, but it'll still be a chump of AP-scaling true damage. Just not doubled.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
mordekaiser bugs with the new champion????

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Aside from his ult and his collab with Engels, the new champ seems super bland

My assumption is they decided to make the rest of his kit pretty generic to make enough room for his ult. Much like Neeko, his unique trick has enormous versatility, and you risk making playing against him/as him too hard if you then also make his kit too clever. I think they've started to zero in on making new champs with fairly "simple" kits but a single, strong element that ties everything together (Kayn W, Kai'Sa R, Neeko passive, Sylas R) because it's the most sustainable way of continuing to add new champions without cranking up complexity creep too much.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 9, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dancer posted:

I'm sure Sylas rejects the oppressive concept of gender.

identity politics are the last thing he is into I assure you

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
seems like a cool champ

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
mage(r)s rise up - sylas, probably

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the healing on his w is insane 500+ 0.8 ap when hes below 40% on a 12 second cooldown. if he maxes that and builds icefist in toplane.....

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
That Ornn change is insanely stupid and goes against everything Riot have balanced towards for the last several years. They've been working hard to remove/reduce free team contributions (Janna's global movespeed buff or TF's global goldbuff) since you could play for a 0/0 lane and win 52% of your games without doing anything but stalling. I mean, it's not as bad with Ornn since the team bonus doesn't kick in until level 14, but it's still hella dumb.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

That Ornn change is insanely stupid and goes against everything Riot have balanced towards for the last several years. They've been working hard to remove/reduce free team contributions (Janna's global movespeed buff or TF's global goldbuff) since you could play for a 0/0 lane and win 52% of your games without doing anything but stalling. I mean, it's not as bad with Ornn since the team bonus doesn't kick in until level 14, but it's still hella dumb.

You would think that Ornn's ability to buy items without going back to base would be enough, but no...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think they're trying to experiment around with tanks to find more ways for them to have a better scaling impact on the game. Conqueror made it so that a lot of tanks simply can't function in the toplane ecosystem anymore: their laning phase sucks, and their personal impact on the game goes down the longer the game drags out, so playing them is a fool's errand. If nothing else, it provides strong incentive for Ornn picks in competitive play, which may be what they're aiming for at the end of the day.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Have they said what happens if Sylas steals Sylas ult in blind pick?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Have they said what happens if Sylas steals Sylas ult in blind pick?

As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing. However, Hijacking a Sylas who has already Hijacked another person's ultimate will give you whatever ult the enemy Sylas had stolen.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Which would let you double up on your own team's ults, weirdly.

I'm not sure how I feel about ult-theft, I'm worried this is one of those things that's either too gimmicky to work or hilariously OP win-at-champ-select bullshit that's perma-banned because no one wants to deal with it.

Like now that this champion exists you either ban him or you leave open the possibility of a last-pick Sylas when you've got an ult-focused team. And your team will definitely abuse you in chat for picking Neeko when the enemy Sylas owns your team with a Neeko ult, that is a thing that is going to happen.

Sure globally mute everyone, whatever, I don't find that a fun way to play League.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

An ult-focused comp only works well because it's got multiple ults layering over eachother (like the classic Galio + Camille combo). Snatching Curse of the Sad Mummy without anything to layer on top of it isn't that big of a deal.

Hijack's less spectacular than it appears. Targets you Hijack have a cooldown applied to them (equal to 200% of the target's ult CD), so you're unlikely to be able to get a really strong ultimate more than once every 2-3 fights, and it's got a very obvious telegraph. I predict that he'll end up being surprisingly weak in sidelanes because of the strong differential in ults he'll have in a 1v1.

Thinking about it, he might actually be an okay support. He's got good synergy with Aftershock, good pick potential, and can get more mileage out of Hijack with two potential targets to pick from.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
If people are okay with the fact I make horrible decisions for the sake of having a fun time then I'd love to play with goons.

Silver 4 player last season. I'm always looking to improve, but if I'm not gonna have fun doing it why bother.

Am I the only one who has tried to quit this game multiple times but am hopelessly addicted to it?