Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is there like a real top of the line Idle RPG? I like being able to play for a few minutes, then stop for awhile, come back and see a bunch of numbers go up and get new gear or monsters or whatever.

I played Almost A Hero for a good while but that was way too much clicking. I played SimCity Buildit for a bit but it got too complicated the further you went. Idle Apocalypse was fun for awhile too.

I remember really liking Godville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
They're not RPGs, but the only idle games that have stayed on my phone are Kittens Game and Spaceplan. Although the latter has a definite ending, it's so good.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

If you really want a Idle game, Progress Quest is where it is at. No frills, heck no graphics, but progress bars and numbers with funny titles and names. I am trying it out and will see if it works with the phone sleeping or not. It has a widget to keep background play going.

The android version is pretty bare bones, but you can sort of have an online clan of characters on the PC version.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is there like a real top of the line Idle RPG? I like being able to play for a few minutes, then stop for awhile, come back and see a bunch of numbers go up and get new gear or monsters or whatever.

I played Almost A Hero for a good while but that was way too much clicking. I played SimCity Buildit for a bit but it got too complicated the further you went. Idle Apocalypse was fun for awhile too.

Clickpocalypse 2 kept me busy at work for a few weeks, p sure the Android version is just the website in a container, worked pretty well last time I checked. https://minmaxia.com/c2/

I just went from a J3 to an S9, what new and graphically intense games have I missed that are worth it? I know like Marvel Strike can run now, but meh.

Estel
May 4, 2010

BoldFace posted:

Are you aware that they have admitted to including a cryptominer in the emulator in the past?

quote:

This is Thomas Lee, creator of this subreddit and employee of MEmu.

Recently i get noticed by MEmu users that some one posted a rumor info about MEmu, he claimed that MEmu has make use of MEmu App Player to cryptomining, which is absolutely nonsense, MEmu has never applied cryptomining on software. Don't worry about it, MEmu always pay attention to user privacy and security. I have no idea how he get the moderator, contact to reddit admin group for this already.

The guy "MEmuplayMod" has nothing to do with MEmu official team.

I know this could be just to cover they asses but the fact that the only info about that comes from a single post in reddit by an account with just that post that was removed makes it difficult to believe. I never noticed any increase in the use of resources while using Memu unlike with Nox that if you scan it's network connections with something like Wireshark sometimes connects to China.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has anyone played Kingdom: Two Crowns on their phone? I installed it and it ran once but I wasn't ready to play, then the next times I tried it wouldn't load. I ended up getting a refund, but after playing on PC I'd really love to have it on my phone..

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
anybody gonna play ragnarok m eternal love at launch? how bad are the microtransactions in this game? Is it going to be the new linage revolution?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

tacosupreme posted:

anybody gonna play ragnarok m eternal love at launch? how bad are the microtransactions in this game? Is it going to be the new linage revolution?

I'm pre-registered. Kinda excited for it. Hope it doesn't suck.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Can confirm that as long as you have the Widget on your phone somewhere, Progress Quest keeps idle questing all the time.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

EdEddnEddy posted:

Can confirm that as long as you have the Widget on your phone somewhere, Progress Quest keeps idle questing all the time.

How does that treat your battery?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ignoranus posted:

How does that treat your battery?

It doesn't even show up in my list of what's killing my phone

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Same. Phone has only been off charge for 44 minutes currently, but usage has been by other apps and still only used about 4% on my Pixel 2XL

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

been playing Epic Seven for the past couple weeks, and gotta say this game's actually really good. haven't felt the need to spend a penny and i've apparently been lucky enough to get a small amount of really good heroes. took me over 2 weeks to eat through all the bonus energy you get gifted for leveling up and the ~1000 bonus energy the devs mailed everyone this past month.

EDIT: also the game runs smooth as butter and the cutscenes are fantastic quality. tbh i wasn't expecting to see a lovingly rendered cutscene of children exploding into fountains of blood but there you have it.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Syndlig posted:

been playing Epic Seven for the past couple weeks, and gotta say this game's actually really good. haven't felt the need to spend a penny and i've apparently been lucky enough to get a small amount of really good heroes. took me over 2 weeks to eat through all the bonus energy you get gifted for leveling up and the ~1000 bonus energy the devs mailed everyone this past month.

EDIT: also the game runs smooth as butter and the cutscenes are fantastic quality. tbh i wasn't expecting to see a lovingly rendered cutscene of children exploding into fountains of blood but there you have it.

Well shoot I guess I can give it a try. Any guides you were following or anything? I hope this isn't one of those reroll-type games

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Poultron posted:

Well shoot I guess I can give it a try. Any guides you were following or anything? I hope this isn't one of those reroll-type games

The good news is that this game has a built-in reroll. Once you finish the first chapter of the story (basically the tutorial), it'll give you 30 shots at your free 10x pull. You can't store your best pull, though, so you need to make a decision whether to stick with your current one, or lose it forever. Nat 5s I'd stop for are: Sez, Iseria, Aramintha, Baal & Sezan, Destina, Sigret. Also, keep an eye out for some of the better nat 4s: Cidd, Angelica, Achates, Armin.

You can find a tier list here to help you evaluate everything you pull in each roll. And here is a decent guide to get you started.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 6, 2019

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Poultron posted:

i didn't follow any guides early on, just did whatever i felt like doing and chose the heroes i thought looked the coolest/cutest, which netted me Leo and Clarissa (neither are particular fantastic, but they're still really decent). i got super lucky with some random pulls and have a few really good artifacts and heroes from that though.

there's also a goon discord (https://discord.gg/fcT54fx) which is fairly active and you should totally hit up at the very least for guild invites, and also it's a good place to get advice.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Epic 7 is alright but if you've already played King's Raid then there's nothing new here. They're pretty much identical games except I think Epic 7 looks a little flashier in the battles. The gameplay loop is pretty samey though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The global version of Langrisser M should be coming out in just over 2 weeks.

Anyone tried the jp/cn versions?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got a notification that that Ragnarok M game can be installed.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nerds hate HR because nerds have no interpersonal skills and HR is mostly women

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ArmZ posted:

..do what now?

I think we have our new thread title, folks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I just got a notification that that Ragnarok M game can be installed.

So, a watered down, cellphone version of RO? I played RO a loooooooong time ago, but I'm interested. I'll wait for a trip report.

New Leaf posted:

..do what now?

I think we have our new thread title, folks.

That'll teach you to let us know something is ready to install! Also, yes, this should be the new thread title.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It let me install but I guess it doesn't launch until tomorrow, so just a pre-install thing.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah you can install Ragnarok, but the servers go live tomorrow.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ArmZ posted:

I mean I hate my HR because last year they forgot to file the paperwork for the insurance and I had to call them and go "hey why haven't I gotten paperwork yet?"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ArmZ posted:

Never forget that HR is not your friend, they are there to insulate the company from your lawsuits.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Relentless posted:

Never forget that HR is not your friend, they are there to insulate the company from your lawsuits.

Ours also provides monthly health tips which almost always boil down to "you being sick costs us money"

September's was great because it talked about how mental health is important and you need to care about that too. Except our health insurance doesn't cover any of it until you meet your 5k deductible

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Len posted:

Ours also provides monthly health tips which almost always boil down to "you being sick costs us money"

September's was great because it talked about how mental health is important and you need to care about that too. Except our health insurance doesn't cover any of it until you meet your 5k deductible

My company actually stepped up this year and sent people home that were sick.

Last year the stomach flu tore through the grunts right after thanksgiving. They then implemented mandatory overtime for like a month over xmas and a bunch of people quit. We ended up 2 weeks behind and ate like a million bucks in late processing fees.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I take it you live somewhere without mandatory paid sick leave entitlements for employees?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Sounds like the usa

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

norp posted:

I take it you live somewhere without mandatory paid sick leave entitlements for employees?

What is sick time?

I work at a place with a "no fault" system. You get ten attendance points before you get fired. Missing a day is one and clocking in/out between a minute and 4 hours is .5.

So if you're going to be late and get there at 8:01 other than lost pay you get penalized the same for turning around and going home and coming back at noon.

At 6 or 7 points they give you a two day unpaid suspension in the middle of the week so you can think about what you've done.

The points stick around for a year.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Len posted:

What is sick time?

I work at a place with a "no fault" system. You get ten attendance points before you get fired. Missing a day is one and clocking in/out between a minute and 4 hours is .5.

So if you're going to be late and get there at 8:01 other than lost pay you get penalized the same for turning around and going home and coming back at noon.

At 6 or 7 points they give you a two day unpaid suspension in the middle of the week so you can think about what you've done.

This sounds like hell and I hope you find a new workplace soon

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Len posted:

What is sick time?

This is genuine evil. Holy poo poo.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Len posted:

What is sick time?

I worked in a place with the points system a while ago. It's loving bullshit. They talk about how fair it is because it treats everything the same, but it all breaks down once you put any real thought into it. Especially once you learn that the first-level supervisors and up get a 'regular' system for PTO/Sick/etc.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In actual game related news, I didn't realize Ragnarok was literally an MMO. gently caress that nonsense.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

cage-free egghead posted:

Epic 7 is alright but if you've already played King's Raid then there's nothing new here. They're pretty much identical games except I think Epic 7 looks a little flashier in the battles. The gameplay loop is pretty samey though.

Imma keep it real with you chief, I didn't play King's Raid for the gameplay

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So Ragnarok Eternal Love is a full MMO, but with stamina.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
You're only allowed 300 minutes of PvE a day in Ragnarok online, after which you gain reduced XP. Wild.

Then again, if I play this game for that long in one day, I've got bigger things to worry about. I'll keep it around for now because of the nostalgia factor, I was a huge RO player as a teenager.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
It feels pretty smooth for a phone game. Anyone got comparisons to Lin Rev?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

What is sick time?

You need to take this post and make it the OP of a new GBS thread.