Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Is Ragnarok M only for some regions? I can't find it on the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Is Ragnarok M only for some regions? I can't find it on the store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gravity.romg

I've rolled up a character this morning. Seems to control fairly well.

I can't remember how to build characters again so I'm dumping it all into INT for my novice so I won't be boned when I turn into a Wizard.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

m.hache posted:

I can't remember how to build characters again so I'm dumping it all into INT for my novice so I won't be boned when I turn into a Wizard.

Thanks,

"Not compatible with your device", I guess I'll have to find the APK somewhere

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The official website has an apk download option.
https://romelglobal.com/

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

m.hache posted:

It resets all your stat points when you change jobs.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hrm, not available in my region, I'm in the US. That's a bummer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

At least an extended hospital stay is only two points

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

What is sick time?

I work at a place with a "no fault" system. You get ten attendance points before you get fired. Missing a day is one and clocking in/out between a minute and 4 hours is .5.

So if you're going to be late and get there at 8:01 other than lost pay you get penalized the same for turning around and going home and coming back at noon.

At 6 or 7 points they give you a two day unpaid suspension in the middle of the week so you can think about what you've done.

The points stick around for a year.

Lots of companies do this, including Disney. They would also hire everyone as "part time", work you for 50+ hours a week, then not schedule you for a month and a half to reduce your average hours below the threshold requiring them to provide benefits.

But hey, at least we got free park admission!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
If I take a sick day I have to use PTO for it, not able to take an unpaid sick day.

At least I get like 20 PTO days a year.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lots of companies do this, including Disney. They would also hire everyone as "part time", work you for 50+ hours a week, then not schedule you for a month and a half to reduce your average hours below the threshold requiring them to provide benefits.

But hey, at least we got free park admission!

Walmart has a point system as well. I don't remember the details, but it was similar in that you got a warning then a write up then suspended then terminated.

It at least had it so if you called off three consecutive shifts it was only one point which was kind of nice.

They also would gently caress with new hires in that you weren't even part time. You got hired in as a temp first that way that could work you for less pay and benefits for x number of days

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

UK here.

I get 25 days of annual leave, 8 days of public holidays and 20 days of paid sick leave.

From that it sounds like I'm barely at work...

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo this job talk is loving horrifying.

Len posted:

At least an extended hospital stay is only two points

Im assuming this is the US, so in addition to the giant hospital bill you'll get you also have to worry about losing your job? Jesus christ...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What the gently caress is going on with this thread? One mis-post and we're on a loving work vacation schedule discussion. This is supposed to be about money-leeching gachas and dumb idle clickers.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

It's now about how many points it cost to maximize your skill grind without getting fired.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Cant play this game with a VPN. Is that normal for android games?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

What the gently caress is going on with this thread? One mis-post and we're on a loving work vacation schedule discussion. This is supposed to be about money-leeching gachas and dumb idle clickers.

Disney is a money leeching company and the vast majority of their culinary staff are just doing the same thing over and over forever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

I do work in data entry

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Poultron posted:

Imma keep it real with you chief, I didn't play King's Raid for the gameplay

Just go to google.com and type in big anime titties rather than leaving them behind a skinner box.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Schubalts posted:

So Ragnarok Eternal Love is a full MMO, but with stamina.

From my understanding you get 5 hours of stamina to auto grind. You can play manually as much as you want I believe.

Edit: listen to this person vvvvvvv

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 9, 2019

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nope. It's 5 hours of combat time, auto or not. You can play as much as you want, but after that 5 hours is up, your combat rewards decrease.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is anyone creating a thread / guild for Ragnarok? I'm building a standard int/vit tank priest, like the good old days.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Got a swordsman up to 25. Seems pretty decent so far. Definitely feels a lot like the original RO. Kinda digging the autobattle system, and that you can click on the mini map and just autorun somewhere or click on a world location to autorun there too.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Biggest gain over the original ro is that you can use a joystick to move vs pressing the tiles on the world

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
What are y'all playing on? I want to give RO a fair shake but I've never been super comfortable control-wise with these games on mobile. I feel like the controls cover too much of the screen. Somehow Brawl Stars feels alright, though.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea Brawl Stars is rather good.

However RO is sounding a lot like Lineage II. What makes it not that and worth playing?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know it's early but is there a starting guide for RO?

It's been so long since I've played the original I can't remember what's a good Wiz build.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
The Reddit has a ton of guides and stuff for RO already.

Anyone tried Arcane Straight? Looks like it came out about six months ago. I'm really digging it. It's basically three card poker with colors and suits, and you try to put together combos to get damage multipliers and activate combos.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone make an RO guild yet? There's a goonsquad but I'm not convinced it's SA approved.

I can try to make one of there is interest.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's the closest app to this, maintaining the theme as much as possible?

http://clickingbad.nullism.com

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Man, I remember way back when I had an Ice Pick for my emperium breaker Assassin.

It was a server with 3x rates so it wasnt exactly an every day sight.

I doubt Ill ever back to RO tho.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
What's the current (non-gacha) idle game du jour? I've been playing Zombidle a bunch recently but think I'm getting to the point where there are no new additional mechanics and it's just grind forever.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

m.hache posted:

Anyone make an RO guild yet? There's a goonsquad but I'm not convinced it's SA approved.

I can try to make one of there is interest.

Please do! I need a place to easily party up with folks, leveling solo as a healer is rough.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Montalvo posted:

Please do! I need a place to easily party up with folks, leveling solo as a healer is rough.

I'll see what it takes. In the meantime add me. ArteaSA.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
There's a thread in the mmo forum it looks like.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fyi for anyone play Ragnarok M, the goon guild is LLJK, not goonsquad. Post in the memo forum with your name if you apply.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Any suggestions for good fill-it-in apps?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Anyone into brick breaking games like Arknoid?
Been playing Ancient Bricks which is ok, just wondering what else may be out there.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Holedown for sure

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Holedown for sure

Looks good, cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

For brick breaking, my friend got me playing Piffle, which also has cats. It feels a little much on the microtransaction side, partly because to show trajectory you have to use a consumable, and similar games I've played in the past had it inherent to the game.

But, it's been fun. And cats.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hipsterwhale.piffle