Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

You really need a Donald and Goofy to help you out sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

she seems to have a much better grasp of what's going on in general than Sora, though, which I guess isn't saying much.

Probably one of the reasons Sora ends up being more effective than her tbh.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I've now played every game except 0.2, and I realized that I have no idea what the following words actually mean in the Kingdom Hearts universe:

light
dark
heart
dream

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Inferior Third Season posted:

I've now played every game except 0.2, and I realized that I have no idea what the following words actually mean in the Kingdom Hearts universe:

light
dark
heart
dream

Just remember that the Heartless are in fact "manifested hearts," Nobodies do in fact have bodies but not hearts just kidding, who cares what Unversed are and Dream Eaters are Tamagotchi.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also "hearts" in this series are really more akin to souls as opposed to the literal physical organ.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It possibly works slightly better in Japanese since they have a separate word for the physical organ and the spirit/passion 'heart'.
Though knowing this series they might use the English word even in Japanese lol.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Let’s take a moment on the fact that we all know how to say “heart” in ape

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Let’s take a moment on the fact that we all know how to say “heart” in ape

I pretty much forgot everything about Deep Jungle.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

lol. i feel like this moment doesn't get talked about enough

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

sout posted:

lol. i feel like this moment doesn't get talked about enough

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Face Your Fears in KINGDOM *&&X%s III, the eighth Kingdom *&&X%s game

Also, the gorillas belong to Xehanort. There's an X in their word for Heart.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

Also, the gorillas belong to Xehanort. There's an X in their word for Heart.
That's the real reason Deep Jungle has yet to return in the series. Xehanort has been building up his army of gorillas.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

That's the real reason Deep Jungle has yet to return in the series. Xehanort has been building up his army of gorillas.

Oh boy! I can't wait to face Kerchak Xachrekk/Xarchekk/K'xarchek!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

For the censoring they do later on with guns in KH it’s kinda surprising they let Clayton just use a regular shotgun

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

bobjr posted:

For the censoring they do later on with guns in KH it’s kinda surprising they let Clayton just use a regular shotgun

This was one of my favorite parts of the first KH. You've got all these other typical JRPG tropes like swords, shields and magic being used, and then when you get to the second world, the villain there can just shoot you with his gun.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This was one of my favorite parts of the first KH. You've got all these other typical JRPG tropes like swords, shields and magic being used, and then when you get to the second world, the villain there can just shoot you with his gun.

also his enemy Stand, [KARMA CHAMELEON]

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This is something I only realized last year. Sora can get killed by getting shot in the face with a real-world shotgun. The normalcy of it is somehow surreal.

Oxxidation posted:

also his enemy Stand, [KARMA CHAMELEON]
Not as powerful as Xehanort's Heartless' Stand, 「DAMAGED SOUL」 though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm surprised Clayton never tried to hunt Donald and Goofy. Why bother hunting some regular rear end gorillas when you can have a talking dog and duck mounted on your wall

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well, they won't be talking anymore if you do that!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

One of the best things in KH is that in all the worlds where talking animals don't exist, when Donald and Goofy show up, no one bats an eye.

Especially in the Pirates world. You think at least one person would be like:

"That duck is talking and wearing a stupid hat!"

"Yup, that's Donald. Everything you know is a a lie, a-hyuck!"

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Turtle with a dog’s head? Octopus with a duck’s head? I see nothing odd about this. Welcome to Atlantis!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is there a German word for the startling realisation that Kingdom Hearts doesn't make any sense.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

sout posted:

Is there a German word for the startling realisation that Kingdom Hearts doesn't make any sense.

Xadenfreude

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I would love to see a simplification and mainstreaming of the storyline in KHIII because I'd bet there's a bunch of players coming in with no idea what they're in for, and it could easily alienate a pretty large portion of the audience.

Ah who am I kidding, it'll be the most confusing entry to the series and still sell like hotcakes because Disney.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

My favorite bit of just ignoring how out of place Sora, Donald, and Goofy are is in The Land of Dragons where Shang allows a talking duck and dog along with a very clearly non-Chinese anime Tropical Islander in the strictly Chinese army.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

TheLoneStar posted:

My favorite bit of just ignoring how out of place Sora, Donald, and Goofy are is in The Land of Dragons where Shang allows a talking duck and dog along with a very clearly non-Chinese anime Tropical Islander in the strictly Chinese army.

I like how the game can't fully decide what kind of technology-savvy Sora has. Like, when we see his room it looks like a fairly bog-standard early-2000's tween room, and he's savvy enough to pilot a space ship, but has no idea how a computer works or what data is.

Though, legit one of the most charming and best scenes in all of KH is in KH2 when first introduced to a super-computer, Sora's first instinct is to just mash on the keyboard while screaming "BRING ME RIKU AND KAIRI!"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheLoneStar posted:

But human chinese girl, nope.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

But human chinese girl, nope.

There's nothing in the rule book that says a dog can't play basketball go to war so long as he's male

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I like how the game can't fully decide what kind of technology-savvy Sora has. Like, when we see his room it looks like a fairly bog-standard early-2000's tween room, and he's savvy enough to pilot a space ship, but has no idea how a computer works or what data is.

Though, legit one of the most charming and best scenes in all of KH is in KH2 when first introduced to a super-computer, Sora's first instinct is to just mash on the keyboard while screaming "BRING ME RIKU AND KAIRI!"

Sora is the dumbest motherfucker in the world and he's fun because of it.
I was about to say "Maybe the gummi ship flies to a location if you imagine it" based off 0.2's ending but no, I'm wrong. Sora just knows how to fly a spaceship while banging on a keyboard screaming at it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Gummi ship canonically runs on happiness, so only a child would instinctively know how to pilot it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Donald and Goofy are clearly piloting the ship while Sora plays around with a deactivated console

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Barbossa and the pirates just flipped out at what the gently caress Donald and Goofy were instead of a general “they’re not of this world” explanation I think it might have worked better

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Atoramos posted:

I would love to see a simplification and mainstreaming of the storyline in KHIII because I'd bet there's a bunch of players coming in with no idea what they're in for, and it could easily alienate a pretty large portion of the audience.

Ah who am I kidding, it'll be the most confusing entry to the series and still sell like hotcakes because Disney.

I'm actively hoping for it to alienate the uninitiated. I want this story wrapped no matter the cost!

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

This is something I only realized last year. Sora can get killed by getting shot in the face with a real-world shotgun. The normalcy of it is somehow surreal.

Not as powerful as Xehanort's Heartless' Stand, 「DAMAGED SOUL」 though.

[SOUND OF SILENCE] or [X GON' GIVE IT TO YA] surely?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Probably one of the reasons Sora ends up being more effective than her tbh.

Sora don't know nothing nor does he want to

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
In chains of memories, why are Namine's feet so huge? Is it just distortion from castle oblivion?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Everyone has huge feet. She's just barefoot which makes it weirder.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
These side games seem like horror stories. Chain of Memories had Sora slowly losing his memories and now for this Recoded movie Sora listens to a voice in his head to save the world.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Especially in the Pirates world. You think at least one person would be like:

"That duck is talking and wearing a stupid hat!"

"Yup, that's Donald. Everything you know is a a lie, a-hyuck!"

I want Davy Jones to see Donald and Goofy and just stare at them for a solid five second beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

I want Davy Jones to see Donald and Goofy and just stare at them for a solid five second beat.

"Do ye fear death? Do ye fear the..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...s-sorry, what was I saying"