Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

fishmech posted:

those are just existing Gentrified Shanty* kits from existing companies though? they also sell em at places like home depot

*correct term for "tiny house"

oh my god i love gentrified shanties

fifteen days since my last juice cleanse
yo ho ho, and some small-batch gin
four hours in traffic in my mercedes-benz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

carry on then posted:

nah his midlife crisis is definitely him buying one of those smaller supercar companies
ordinary super-rich guy midlife crisis move: snap purchase of a bugatti or a mclaren
jeff bezos midlife crisis move: snap purchase of bugatti or mclaren

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FMguru posted:

im p sure some of the biggest adblockers monetize themselves by allowing companies to buy their way onto the default safe/allowed whitelist

iirc I believe it was AdBlock (or AdBlock plus?) that was sold to some shady russian or somethign company that does this by letting companies pay 2 whitelist.

that's why everyone should uninstall that garbage and install uBlock Origin, it's actually good and legit with non of that garbage. sadly a lot of people are stuck in their ways, like people are still using like utorrent even tho it was sold to some chinese company and they installed bitcoin miners and adware in it and there's no reason not to just use qbittorrent.

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

ordinary super-rich guy midlife crisis move: snap purchase of a bugatti or a mclaren
jeff bezos midlife crisis move: snap purchase of bugatti or mclaren
Nah, we'll know if Jeff Bezos has a midlife crisis because he'll be sending armies of robots to take over the world.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

oh my god i love gentrified shanties

fifteen days since my last juice cleanse
four hours in traffic in my mercedes-benz

:golfclap:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

The last thing we need is one of the world’s most powerful men to become an angry divorced dude.
he'll start dating grimes, microdose, and buy out tesla, leaving musk to dig holes in the los angeles suburbs

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

what if sears, but much much worse

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
what shall we do with the office's children
early in the morning

lock them in the classroom with the drunken teacher
early in the morning

early in the morning

hey eh last round only 2 billion up we raised
early in the morning

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

democratic capitalism

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the problem isnt lack of houses, it's lack of land. but hey you dont make money ityool 2019 by telling people the truth

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

lancemantis posted:

democratic capitalism

Rothenberg doesn't know what they are talking about but worker owned cooperatives are capitalist firms that are run democratically, so it's not outright an oxymoron

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

the problem isnt lack of houses, it's lack of land. but hey you dont make money ityool 2019 by telling people the truth

5 0 s t o r y s o u l l e s s c o n c r e t e a p a r t m e n t

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

well its also a lack of housing density on existing land.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The Algorithm has determined that you are not consuming the required amount of Advertainment™. Report to the nearest detention center for re-education, citizen

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BMan posted:

The Algorithm has determined that you are not consuming the required amount of Advertainment™. Report to the nearest detention center for re-education, citizen

what the gently caress is a citizen? you mean consumer?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
service industry guarantees citizenship

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sarahfrier/status/1082716480087543808

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

“I understand Samsung is trying to make it easy for the user, but I don’t like that it does not allow me to uninstall,” he said. For his next phone, he said he’ll consider buying something else.

except for the part where they admitted it can't be uninstalled because of their distribution agreement with facebook, yeah.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BMan posted:

i hope you at least get a choice of which detention center to report to after watching several advertisements for each one, and then going with the cheapest one anyway because the rest are orders of magnitude more expensive

the free market at work :patriot:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol don't by phones with the ad company OS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

this is true of literally every android phone i've owned up to (but not including) the pixel 3 I just got

on my last phone LG did that poo poo too, marked it fully as one of the super duper important emergency apps even so I can't even disable it, i can just hide the icon

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i love that people are just figuring this poo poo out though, like nobody in the history of humanity ever tried deleting facebook until now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:smuggo: just root your phone with wEeDgOkU69420_cyanogen-raw.rom :smuggo:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

"in dealing with advertisers you must always remember that they are professional liars."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also lol my Nokia 7.1 didn't come with Facebook installed. or Twitter. hell it's doing better in that last regard than fuckin' Windows 10, which decided to silently install Twitter a couple months ago.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i bet those ~~*~tiny house~*~~ kits are more expensive per sqft than a fuckin' old-fashioned manufactured home too

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

syscall girl posted:

in spite of using umatrix and paying for this weird custom title

should i buy no-ads?

senor tax has needs i can only subscribe to his twitter (gone baby gone) twitch and youtube so much

it's not like your ad-views are going to contribute all that much.

if you really need more ways to contribute then just throw avs at all the stupid newbie TRUMP LOVER avs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

well its also a lack of housing density on existing land.

existing desirable/friendly land

i'd heard rumors, but they were proven true - every time i entered a new county when i drove from denver to santa fe - huge signs THIS IS A ZONED COMMUNITY
NO LONG TERM CAMPING
PERMITS REQUIRED FOR ALL DWELLINGS

theres a lot of nimbyism in the rural counties re: people buying rvs or tiny houses and cheap land in costilla county. so they're now gatekeeping by requiring a $20k sewer install and a $10k water well in place before you can even summer in your RV on your own land

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

theres a lot of nimbyism in the rural counties re: people buying rvs or tiny houses and cheap land in costilla county. so they're now gatekeeping by requiring a $20k sewer install and a $10k water well in place before you can even summer in your RV on your own land

this is probably a good idea

not to mention it's not like $50k is an unimaginable investment for your vacation property. beats building a house.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's probably the best long play but its still keeping me five years away from property ownership so i'm a little bitter. rule 36 tho

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i bet those ~~*~tiny house~*~~ kits are more expensive per sqft than a fuckin' old-fashioned manufactured home too

they are home depot shed kits

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shame Boy posted:

i love that people are just figuring this poo poo out though, like nobody in the history of humanity ever tried deleting facebook until now

it's plausible that only recently did facebook become impossible to delete, if they signed a new agreement and just deployed it. successfully deleting facebook isn't news

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

nope, its been this way at least since i got my seven almost two years ago
if i was home id go turn on my five and see if its locked as well
uber is also locked so you cant uninstall it

its me, im the person that willfully buys samsung android devices

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

i am exercising democratic capitalism by voting for your adverts to gently caress off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chalks posted:

i am exercising democratic capitalism by voting for your adverts to gently caress off

nice non-american written english. where’d you get it, the poo poo factory?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/RiverClegg/status/1083061045420281856

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i loled but im fairly buzzed atm

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
A social networking cofounder is coming to our office this quarter on a Friday afternoon and now I have to stay late. I wish I could get a photo with him with my middle finger up, but I have to let him scratch my dog now. :saddowns:

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 9, 2019

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

prisoner of waffles posted:

then there's Brave, the browser with a centralized tipping service and possibly ad retargeting?

to be fair, re-targeting is some shady poo poo

A few years ago I had a user who was very upset that he was targetted for gay social networks on our app. Thanks re-targetting for giving me laughs for 3 years :thumbsup:

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They're just noticing?