Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Screaming Idiot posted:

You forgot Sonic Forces.

I envy you.

Infinite owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I actually finished Sonic Forces today after getting it for 10 bucks a few days back! It seemed unfinished and all the classic Sonic Stages were unfortunately rear end but even so I had fun, and the avatar stuff put a doofy grin on my face and the soundtrack is pretty great so money well spent I guess.

I don't actually know what happened to Eggman after I blew up his final boss but I guess he's inexplicably survived worse, And Infinite just kinda disappeared or something so maybe he was just an illusion too? I dunno, he had some good rear end theme songs so best of luck to the edgy little whatever he was. Also where the hell was Blaze or Big? loving Vector keeps getting work but they can't back the purple cats?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I have to assume Sega doesn’t want to pay for a Windows port. With Fire TV it’s still the Android version so it was likely cheap to get working on Fire OS.

The windows port basically already exists, that's the whole point of the retro engine. That said, they'd have to pay fees to the devs still, even though it's not that much work.

The real reason that it's not on console is because different divisions of sega are little fortresses pointing guns at each other and console and PC are like 'what do you mean we already have ports of those games that we comissioned and they're fine I don't want your stuff'.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If you want to play the mobile ports on PC, Bluestacks has really come along in leaps and bounds and is currently up to version 4 point something; the only minor technical step involved in setup is switching on hardware virtualization in your BIOS, which should be easy enough if you dig through the menus.

You'll also need to buy the games from the Google Play store if you don't have them there already, but you can do it through Bluestacks if needs be.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 29, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I like the idea that all Sonic fans really want is more Classic, so when they got Mania, the response was that it wasn't enough and we need the Sonic mobile ports too. Meanwhile, everyone waiting for Sonic Adventure 3 or a Forces follow-up aren't real Sonic fans.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Caidin posted:

Also where the hell was Blaze or Big? loving Vector keeps getting work but they can't back the purple cats?

I can't give you a good answer about Blaze, since tbh Silver being around makes no sense, but Big is a character that they've been avoiding using in non-spin off titles for a while. At least they're both in Team Sonic Racing.

Takoluka posted:

I like the idea that all Sonic fans really want is more Classic, so when they got Mania, the response was that it wasn't enough and we need the Sonic mobile ports too. Meanwhile, everyone waiting for Sonic Adventure 3 or a Forces follow-up aren't real Sonic fans.

What about people who want both Mania followup/mobile ports and Adventure 3/Forces?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Imo make classic versions of everyone that doesn't have one.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gimme a Forces sequel that actually has enough dev time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People wanted those ports prior to Mania's release because theyre the best versions of the classic games. Mania, Forces, whatever had no bearing on that request because those mobile ports came out long before the other games.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Barudak posted:

People wanted those ports prior to Mania's release because theyre the best versions of the classic games. Mania, Forces, whatever had no bearing on that request because those mobile ports came out long before the other games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the updated port of Sonic CD did actually get a console version a while back.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Larryb posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the updated port of Sonic CD did actually get a console version a while back.

Yeah it's out on Steam and consoles, but that's the only retro engine remake that escaped being phone-only

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I wonder if CD just didn't sell as well on console and desktop as we assume it would? They released it on Windows Phone for Christ's sake, it's not like they weren't willing to spread it around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No, CD was released on console and desktop because it wasn't already on console and desktop. Sega isn't going to put the mobile ports of 1 and 2 there because they already have what they think are perfectly good emulations available.

Sonic 1 and 2 were replaced on mobile because Sega Mobile was aware they were dogshit and the CD team were already close with the people managing the mobile titles as part of the CD development.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 30, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Screaming Idiot posted:

You forgot Sonic Forces.

I envy you.

Well it had nothing to do with angst.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Sonic team today doing Sonic adventure 3 would be a tragedy

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sonic Team will make a mobile Chao Garden, and they will make billions on it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Zelder posted:

Sonic team today doing Sonic adventure 3 would be a tragedy

Discendo Vox posted:

Sonic Adventure 3:
Everything you ever wanted in a Sonic game!

When Robotnik discovers a long lost technology/magic artifact from...we'll have it be ancient foxes this time, it's up to Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna, Tails the Fox, Gemerl the Gizoid, mysterious, bloodthirsty dark and gritty stranger/friendly rival Slate the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat, Dr. Robotnik, E-123 Omega, Nack the Weasel, Cream the Rabbit, Big the Cat, Vanilla the Rabbit, Amy the Hedgehog, Honey the Cat, Mighty the Armadillo, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy the Bee, Vector the Crocodile, Dyna the Duck, Blaze the Cat, Marine the Raccoon, Ray the Squirrel, Bark the Polar Bear, Shade the Echidna, and some new friends to help put a stop to the chaos!

But a strange newcomer has appeared, the dark, mysterious, bloodthirsty Slate the Hedgehog! Could he be friend or foe? Only a contrived case of mistaken identity and badly made boss battle will tell!

Join Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Gemerl, mysterious, bloodthirsty dark and gritty stranger/friendly rival Slate the Hedgehog, Shadow, Rouge, Robotnik, Omega, Nack, Cream, Big, Vanilla, Amy, Honey, Mighty, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Dyna, Blaze, Marine, Ray, Bark, Shade, and all their friends in a race against Dr. Robotnik to find the Chaos Emeralds and set things right!

Play as characters from Team Light, Team Dark, Team Rose, Team Chaotix, or Team We'll Totally Nail Their Introduction This Time!

Several different play modes:
  • Running! (with Sonic, Shadow, Vanilla, Mighty, or Blaze)
  • Emerald Hunt! ( with Knuckles, Rouge, Big, Espio, or Marine)
  • Mechs! (with Tails, Robotnik, Vanilla, Charmy, or Ray)
  • Fighting! (with Gemerl, Omega, Amy, Vector, or Bark)
  • Out-of-place Gunplay! (with Slate, Nack, Honey, Dyna, or Shade)
  • Ill-contrived near-duplicate boss battles between all characters and all characters, from every direction, more than once!
Your Favorite Side Games!
Racing!
Fishing!
Physics Puzzles!
Airboard Racing!
Apple Collection!
Rhythm Games!
Car racing!
Chao Garden*!
Dating!
Go-Kart racing!
and by popular demand, Hedgehog Hammer makes its triumphant return!

Level up skills! Build up your spirit level! Fill up your Affection Meter! Over 13,000 Red Rings to find! Over 300 lost chao to find! 600 emblems to collect! Sun and Moon coins! Emeralds! Gems! Power Gems! Promise Rings!

Recolored level assets! Misunderstandings to justify conflict! A new human love interest, this time for Tails! Frustratingly good music! Time travel or parallel dimensions, probably! A new, conflicting explanation for several characters! The final level is as long as the rest of the game combined! It's time to strap on your tie-in Soap shoes and get ready for Adventure!

Preorder now to get limited edition exclusive Chao Food! Don't let your Chao die!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

That's adorable, like Sega would put that much effort into a game these days.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's adorable, like Sega would put that much effort into a game these days.

Well, maybe if it was a Yakuza game

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't Sonic 2006 basically an Adventure game without the chao garden? I don't know what people even want/expect in a "Sonic Adventure 3" besides multiple playable characters and a chao garden.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Pomplamoose posted:

and a chao garden.

Let's be honest, this is it. Adorable little guys.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

xanthan posted:

Let's be honest, this is it. Adorable little guys.

it is insane that they still in current year, have not made some kind of chao garden phone app

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Takoluka posted:

Sonic Team will make a mobile Chao Garden, and they will make billions on it.

The people who know how to make a-life are all gone, too hard.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 2, 2019

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gonna crosspost myself from CinemaD

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Probably the closest thing to Sonic's actual design in the film, from God of War's Art Director out all the people.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsVowSMgW0W/?utm_source=ig_embed

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

No thanks

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Why does sonic have pecs

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gonna crosspost myself from CinemaD

THOSE FUCKERS STOLE MY FURSONA, MEATY THE BLUEHOG

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Simsmagic posted:

Why does sonic have pecs

they know their audience

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I would play a sequel to sonic 2006

especially if it's as much of a mess as 2006 is

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wonder if they'll go whole hog and release an awful movie tie-in game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Give me Shadow the Hedgehog 2 or bust.

And a Shadow the Hedgehog movie.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

man nurse posted:

I wonder if they'll go whole hog and release an awful movie tie-in game.
And suddenly I'm excited all over again, because they really have been quiet on that front.

Can't wait to see Sonic GT 2k19 with eerie hyper realistic butt cheeks falling off tall building screaming NOOOOO

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Given how long some levels there are and how the game handles in the mach-speed sections: may I interest you in some Sanic Ball?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Give me Shadow the Hedgehog 2 or bust.

And a Shadow the Hedgehog movie.

Shadow 2 by Platinum.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sT_l6LmnBA

Not what I was expecting when I saw the thumbnail.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
As much as I've been digging all the TSR songs till date, this song is kinda meh to me. Not as exciting or well produced as the previous stages. It's okay, but I'm glad all the other songs have been top notch.

And while I'm being critical, the snippet of the Crush 40 song was also kinda average as well. Normally I'm all in on the Crush 40 themes, but this one doesn't feel very exciting. But I'm at least glad they're still doing poo poo for new sonic games at least.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Richard Jacques was on that one, and while he is by no means terrible, he's never quite been in the top tier of Sonic artists.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Richard Jacques was on that one, and while he is by no means terrible, he's never quite been in the top tier of Sonic artists.

Ex-loving-cuse me, what is this libel? Richard Jacques is an artistic genius and we're lucky he sometimes deigns to use his gifts for the good of the Sonic series!

Listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69uzOgkgN_w

Or this (yes i know this says TJ Davis, she's the singer, this is still composed by Jacques for Metropolis Street Racer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHRCUNYNOcE

I could also link the entire Sonic R soundtrack but you already know how that goes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Amppelix posted:

Ex-loving-cuse me, what is this libel? Richard Jacques is an artistic genius and we're lucky he sometimes deigns to use his gifts for the good of the Sonic series!