Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The vinyl/rubber ones you see in high traffic areas are sometimes called "wall base" or "mop guards"

:golfclap:

Also, I love the upside down flag pin Benzo gave Schumer. Reminds me of good ol' spicy time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

He even included Pelosi farting..... and Trump's expression absolutly sells the horror as well. This is art baby

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I feel like the Garrison Shining rip off comic deserves a nomination for worst caricature because his Schumer looks much better than real life Schumer lol, that's like maybe Schumer 15 years ago.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DalaranJ posted:

Did flag and cross buy up ALG, or did Branco just change jobs?

Did you know it's possible to be published by multiple web sites?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Katt posted:

What are these things called in English?

baseboard, skirting board, skirting, mopboard, floor molding, or base molding

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Jedit posted:

Apparently an AOC fake nude - actually just a selfie some woman took of her feet while she was in the bath - got debunked by a foot fetish internet community who said "Yeah, we've got a few photos of her in sandals and those aren't hers". The right are so riled up about her that they're calling her out for bathing now. You couldn't make it up.

Was it an SVU where a creeper set up a hidden pee cam under the rim of a toilet and he came forward when it recorded a murder?

Because that wasn't something we were supposed to, like, aspire to

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eff off, Brookes!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

betaraywil posted:

Was it an SVU where a creeper set up a hidden pee cam under the rim of a toilet and he came forward when it recorded a murder?

As always, the Simpsons did it first:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Sandpuppy posted:

I see Lester's been teaching Jesus his technique.

I love that he did this just a few weeks after his nativity cartoon that casts the Romans as the good guys.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This is pretty rich, given that Trump strikes that pose in like 90% of the pictures of him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm sure this isn't the right place to ask this, but each time I see "the wall" and our current fencing, I can't help but wonder what's the plan for the wildlife that don't give a drat about national borders? I'm aware the answer is "there is none", but I imagine putting a physical border can't be good for the biodiversity in that vast an area.

Also Mac's replacement is lame. There's nothing remotely interesting about it.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

open the blood gates!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm sure this isn't the right place to ask this, but each time I see "the wall" and our current fencing, I can't help but wonder what's the plan for the wildlife that don't give a drat about national borders? I'm aware the answer is "there is none", but I imagine putting a physical border can't be good for the biodiversity in that vast an area.

Also Mac's replacement is lame. There's nothing remotely interesting about it.

There was an article in the WaPo last month by a guy who runs a butterfly sanctuary on the border, and talks a bit about what the wall might do to parks and wildlife in the area.

Bonus: The guy's a Republican and voted for Trump.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Selachian posted:

There was an article in the WaPo last month by a guy who runs a butterfly sanctuary on the border, and talks a bit about what the wall might do to parks and wildlife in the area.

"I was all in favor of Trump's plan to spend trillions of dollars building a structure whose sole ostensible purpose is to attempt to stymie refugees seeking asylum from brutal wars in Central and South America by stranding them in the middle of the desert, until I realized what it would do to my butterfly friends" -- the Washington Post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Selachian posted:

What a read. Thank you. It's what I figured and I don't want to come as having less compassion for the human lives at play here, but the thought had just occurred to me.

That man's logic is breathtaking. Glad he saw the errors of his ways, but I'm not really sure if he has.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What a read. Thank you. It's what I figured and I don't want to come as having less compassion for the human lives at play here, but the thought had just occurred to me.

That man's logic is breathtaking. Glad he saw the errors of his ways, but I'm not really sure if he has.

I came away from it wondering if the guy realizes that climate change is going to hit his insect friends harder than Trump's fantasy wall ever will.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Selachian posted:

If you own or work on land that's on the border why would you EVER vote for a guy who's major campaign promise was to tear that land up and put a wall on it?

What did people like this think would happen?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If you own or work on land that's on the border why would you EVER vote for a guy who's major campaign promise was to tear that land up and put a wall on it?

"He won't keep his promises. Let's not vote for Clinton because she's a liar who doesn't keep promises."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
These people live in a rotating door of ideas that swivels between "That was just campaign talk/he didn't meant that" and "BUILD THE WALL" at the drop of a hat/economy.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Stephen King is very angry about being included in a Garrison cartoon, and who can blame him? Alternatively, he's mad that the references are both to things that were in the Kubrick movie but not the novel.

betaraywil posted:

It was, yeah. Though he didn't come forward out of benevolence- he got caught and traded video of a child molester for leniency. https://lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Head

https://twitter.com/Cavalorn/status/654934442549620736

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I feel like this can't be stressed enough.

They don't care that bad things are happening to other people, hell, that was a plus in their books.

They only care when it affects them personally. It isn't some sudden growth spurt of empathy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

"I was all in favor of Trump's plan to spend trillions of dollars building a structure whose sole ostensible purpose is to attempt to stymie refugees seeking asylum from brutal wars in Central and South America by stranding them in the middle of the desert, until I realized what it would do to my butterfly friends" -- the Washington Post

"I voted for the guy who promised to commit unrepairable damage to the environment by pulling out of the Paris Agreement, sabotaging the EPA, dismantling national parks and preserves, and various other promises to make sure North America would be turned into a toxic wasteland, and I absolutely loved the prospect he would do all these things, as much as I loved how his sons went in Africa to poach endangered animals; but now I'm sad about the bugs I like."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Minton told Mazzei. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

This is asinine in so many ways. What gets me the most is the "fake evil". I'm pretty sure Kirschen still thinks BDS is authentic, genuine evil.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Fister Roboto posted:

also nobody just says "fail" anymore, get with the times grandpa

Ok, this is epic

Also who is the guy with the eyebrows and who is the dictator?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

AngrySpork posted:

Ok, this is epic

Also who is the guy with the eyebrows and who is the dictator?

I think it's a generic stand in for all the generals who have been criticizing Trump lately.

Tobermory posted:

This is asinine in so many ways. What gets me the most is the "fake evil". I'm pretty sure Kirschen still thinks BDS is authentic, genuine evil.

That's exactly what he is saying, fake evil is referring to Israel apartheid. He's saying that the causes these groups are opposing is fake evil and that the groups themselves are the real evil. The whole message boils down to, "No, you!"

Where have I seen that third guy before?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tobermory posted:

Well, just look at them:
  • Non-human: they're "angry chimps"
  • With vampire fangs. You gotta give him the fangs!
  • And Hitler 'staches. Because Godwin never gets old.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

two people, a democrat and a republic, are walking along the beach when they find an old bottle. the democrat picks it up to take it home and recycle it, when a genie suddenly pops out.

“i’ll grant each of you one wish” he says in a booming voice.

"well, you look like a terrifying muslim, so I wish for a big, beautiful wall all the way around my country. it’s the only way i can feel safe,” the republican says.

the democrat grins and says, “i want you to open the blood gates.”

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Lightning Knight posted:

This is actually the best Garrison I've ever seen I think, in the sense that it's mostly coherent and isn't overlabeled and busy to the point of incomprehensibility. It's terrible in terms of its politics of course, but as a vehicle for delivering a message it's basically serviceable
To me it's weak because the label could be anything Garrison doesn't like/finds dangerous. Draw something bad and label it whatever policy you don't like at the time. Same old same old.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I love Telnaes' ability to caricature. Locky McConnell is almost adorable.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

OAquinas posted:

Gosh darn, I didn't even realize that was McConnell. That's hilarious

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

OAquinas posted:

I like it, but I’m not sure I’d realize who it was if I hadn’t seen her McConnell before.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saint Sputnik posted:

two people, a democrat and a republic, are walking along the beach when they find an old bottle. the democrat picks it up to take it home and recycle it, when a genie suddenly pops out.

Republican: I wish for children to die in the desert, for Medicare to be defunded so old people die, for blacks to be denied the vote, for a system of gerrymandering that means we win every single election regardless of the number of votes, to be able to openly sexually harass women and get away with it as "boys will be boys" stuff, to make abortions illegal and to give rich people enormous tax cuts.
Democrat: I wish for an extremely minor bump in the minimum wage that still leaves workers below a livable wage.

The Genie frowned, because it could see absolutely no difference in either wish. Both sides were just as bad as each other, it seemed. If only Ted Rall had found it, but alas....

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 10, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

If only Ted Rall had found it, but alas....

"I want everyone in the whole world to know that I did the sex on a lady."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Republican: I wish for children to die in the desert, for Medicare to be defunded so old people die, for blacks to be denied the vote, for a system of gerrymandering that means we win every single election regardless of the number of votes, to be able to openly sexually harass women and get away with it as "boys will be boys" stuff, so make abortions illegal and to give rich people enormous tax cuts.
Democrat: I wish to meet my Republican friend in the middle.

Fixed that for you chief.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That is TREASON Nancy!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fixed that for you chief.

Thank you, Ted Rall.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Former longtime Virginia coach George Welsh dies at 85

Lady Justice's head looks like a Ken Catalino cut-and-paste job.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hyuck, hyuck guess the only way to achieve anything is through choice as a consumer because the government shouldn't regulate companies!