Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what construction did they even do. they just let the child draw on the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a *checks notes* meat industry employee.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Haifisch posted:

Origins of the Sunday Comics

I can't get over that bear

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what construction did they even do. they just let the child draw on the wall
They built the room the kid was drawing on. It's a brand new room they evidently did not get a permit to make.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

oh my god, Holbrook. Pregnancy again?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Does code enforcement just show up at your house because neighbors saw you bring in a bunch of lumber and drywall? I mean I can kind of believe that there are neighbors who would report something like that, but it's not like they have the right to come into your home for a snap inspection.

F Minus

That white dog is guilty of something.

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

You can order a print of this comic on Comics Kingdom, if you are so inclined.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zereth posted:

They built the room the kid was drawing on. It's a brand new room they evidently did not get a permit to make.

oh well enjoy the fine, hope its up to code and enjoy getting the permits retroactively

Johnny Walker posted:

Does code enforcement just show up at your house because neighbors saw you bring in a bunch of lumber and drywall? I mean I can kind of believe that there are neighbors who would report something like that, but it's not like they have the right to come into your home for a snap inspection.

my experience with building permits is commercial but i'd imagine for residentials it'd only come into play when selling the home

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
How'd the inspector even know about the remodel in the first place? Did someone narc them out?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

whoever narc'd them out is doing them a huge favor because once the house is properly permitted the insurance company will pay out when TJ blows it up instead of going "lol gently caress you"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

plainswalker75 posted:

How'd the inspector even know about the remodel in the first place? Did someone narc them out?
Imagine living next door to these guys. Who wouldn't snitch on them?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Haifisch posted:

Imagine living next door to these guys. Who wouldn't snitch on them?

I'd be monitoring them on closed circuit 24/7 until I could find some way of expelling them from the neighborhood.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

CommonShore posted:

I think we're getting milkshake ducked here

These ducks sure do love segregation, not gonna lie.

BCN

(Tommy loving killed me today.)

Phoebe

gently caress you, it's Baldo

Wallace

Curtis, there's a difference between a running gag and flat-out making the same joke all week.

A Problem Like Jamal

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh well enjoy the fine, hope its up to code and enjoy getting the permits retroactively

my experience with building permits is commercial but i'd imagine for residentials it'd only come into play when selling the home

In my county, if you are issued a building permit, you need inspections of wiring, plumbing, framing, and doors/windows before you can close up the drywall and do any finishing, but I don't know how widespread that rule is.

I guess it's theoretically possible that where Evans is going is that they did get a permit, but forgot about the inspection. Or maybe there was no permit and somebody tattled. Any way this goes, it's still a bonehead move for a pair of firefighters.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 9, 2019

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

:discourse:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heloise is a good friend, making sure Kadia's not puking in her hair.

Vargo posted:

BCN

(Tommy loving killed me today.)

Tommy!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Guest Author Bruce Tinsley

Retail

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vargo posted:

A Problem Like Jamal

I was lukewarm on this strip when you started posting it, but lately it's been winning me over. These are great.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It's cruel to do live feeding when you don't have to. Can't it injure the snake, too, if things go wrong? Snap the neck first jfc.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some snakes are stupid and finicky

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
You always wanted something like this as a reaction comic, right? Especially when Intelligent Life sucks worse than usual?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andy Capp

November 29, 1957

"That's what I keep tellin' Florrie. beer never hurt anybody."

Heathcliff Old and New -- is it just me, or is old Heathcliff hitting a similar note of being weird and off-beat? Not as surreal, but it seems like the sense of humor is the same.

Ballard Street

October 16, 2002

Outbursts of Everett True - ANKLES! HOW SCANDALOUS

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Andy Capp

November 29, 1957

"That's what I keep tellin' Florrie. beer never hurt anybody."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Beer_Flood

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Nutty Nancy Long Nails :allears:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't decide if that Heathcliff is an elaborate pun flying miles over my head or just nonsense.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Ryona_Violet/status/1083079959235776512

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"NEW YEAR NEW PREGNANCY SUBPLOT" screams Holbrook as he rapidly removes his pants.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Huxley posted:

I can't decide if that Heathcliff is an elaborate pun flying miles over my head or just nonsense.
It's both.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43188/the-owl-and-the-pussy-cat

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Outbursts of Everett True - ANKLES! HOW SCANDALOUS

I'd always thought that the idea of ankles being scandalous was some kind of hyperbole. Wild to see that ankle-gazing really was once a pervy thing to do!

I mean, if somebody looked at a lady's ankles in public with a wide-eyed, lustful expression nowadays it'd be pretty weird, but still.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
e: nvm dumb question I missed a strip that explained it

snack eater fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 10, 2019

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Just Dan Again posted:

I'd always thought that the idea of ankles being scandalous was some kind of hyperbole. Wild to see that ankle-gazing really was once a pervy thing to do!

I mean, if somebody looked at a lady's ankles in public with a wide-eyed, lustful expression nowadays it'd be pretty weird, but still.

Taboos are relative. In Japan the nape of the neck used to be a male-gaze zone because it was one of the few parts of a woman's skin you could see in a kimono and such.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set ponders the deeper mysteries.

Working Daze is so lame I can't even be bothered to make the obvious joke.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix looks at how the other half lives.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

StrixNebulosa posted:

Heathcliff Old and New -- is it just me, or is old Heathcliff hitting a similar note of being weird and off-beat? Not as surreal, but it seems like the sense of humor is the same.

It is. As a kid I preferred it to Garfield. Even got a book or two which had some really bizarre stuff in them.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

serves me right for sleeping through all the poetry lectures in my english lit classes

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

It won't be creepy when Holbrook does a "Dethany is pregnant" storyline with his irl daughter cosplaying as her in the past.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1985)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life from monday never made it to comicskingdom

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: Compensating for something, are we Semenov?, or Cain now has a rival for most useless character, or The heist is on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Ostrobothnia (Pohjanmaa) marked in red. Note that in 1632 an idea about "Finland" as a united sovereign nation didn't exist and these provinces were just a sparsely populated and poor Swedish periphery with the peasants speaking a weird language. Meanwhile the book was written during the rise of the Finnish nationalism and Topelius was one of the key players building the national identity.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake