Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

NIGHT OF BROKEN GLASS CEILINGS: Ilsa Becomes First Female Kommandant Of Concentration Camp

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GreyjoyBastard posted:

not even in chili?

Please tell me marshmallow chili isn't a thing. (even if it is)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Facebook is pulling an associated press/new york times card of both sides and if you needed more proof that Facebook should gently caress off, this does the job

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1083139495552212992

quote:

In efforts to appease fits of manufactured conservative rage over the moderation of hateful content on social media platforms, Facebook and Twitter have relied on the advice of anti-LGBTQ extremists and far-right grifters “to help them figure out who should be banned and what’s considered unacceptable.”

As reported by The Wall Street Journal, Facebook sought out the advice of right-wing groups including extremists like the virulently anti-LGBTQ Family Research Council (FRC) and its president, Tony Perkins.

Perkins has compared same-sex marriage to incest, blamed marriage equality and abortion for a destructive hurricane, and called pedophilia a “homosexual problem.”
He is clearly not equipped to be an arbitrator on content that oppresses, harassed, and erases minorities.

Perkins, along with FRC, has actively opposed LGBTQ equality around the world, supporting a law in Uganda that could have punished “repeat offenders” of same-sex sexual activity with the death penalty, and collaborating with a hate group that worked to pass Russia’s “gay propaganda” law. Domestically, Perkins also called for the State Department to stop supporting LGBTQ rights after President Donald Trump was elected.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Saxophone posted:

So how do we start putting pressure on journalists and news outlets to stop this neutrality poo poo? I get remaining objective, but this pretending things are normal and the see saw is level bullshit is driving me up the wall.

What can we, or I, do?

There is no real objectivity in the news. The only way to stop this is to replace journalists with people who have a better sense of justice and equality. The current crop are all people too stupid to do anything else but rich enough to have done unpaid internships for a bit.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spun Dog posted:

It was a reference to one of the funnier bits in this season of The Good Place.

Apparently they did actually put the peeps in the chili and mix it all up. Megan Amram had a bite of it early on (because she was the one doing this to the actor) and it was bad but not horrific, but apparently it only went down from there as the peeps melted and diffused.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Harik posted:

No, he's right, because he said "would take longer". It's doubly counter intuitive because you actually can go way out on cheap delta-v, then at the apogee of your new orbit a small nudge makes it elliptical enough that you intersect the sun.

Just hop on the Interplanetary Superhighway!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AP FACT CHECK: Local man blames the mob for burning down his restaurant. But it takes two to tango. The mob's demand for protection money is one reason the restaurant burned down. The man's refusal to pay is another.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1082800888144482305

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Facebook is pulling an associated press/new york times card of both sides and if you needed more proof that Facebook should gently caress off, this does the job

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1083139495552212992

Wow, Jesus. I'm no fan of Facebook but what the gently caress?! Tony Perkins?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Oh god, he'd fill every toilet in there within a few days.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Groovelord Neato posted:

AP FACT CHECK: Local man blames the mob for burning down his restaurant. But it takes two to tango. The mob's demand for protection money is one reason the restaurant burned down. The man's refusal to pay is another.

Yeah this is the most accurate analogy, especially since Trump is quite involved with the Russian mob.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
He'd just take it as an excuse to move back to Trump Tower or Mar A Lago.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Unoriginal Name posted:

holy poo poo its that "Hire. More. Female. Guards" meme, but unironically

Why not, earlier today we had this

Which is just calmhitler.jpg

The real world is imitating memes, we’re doomed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

Yeah this is the most accurate analogy, especially since Trump is quite involved with the Russian mob.

it's what i tweeted out when i saw the tweet this morning but thought it'd be in poor taste to vanity post it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is good and you should tweet it at them.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Spun Dog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-AawAKZ14

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I like how the source for all these Jared Kushner narratives is very clearly Jared Kushner.

"Jared Kushner thinks this speech is a real game changer!"

"Jared Kushner might save the government wish his dealmaking abilities!"

"Jared Kushner is a very important person that people should be talking to! Very Important"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

alpha_destroy posted:

This is good and you should tweet it at them.

i did :)

https://twitter.com/MuhFreezePeach/status/1082998057682325504

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

I like how the source for all these Jared Kushner narratives is very clearly Jared Kushner.

"Jared Kushner is a very important person that people should be talking to! Very Important"

Exactly like this, too. He definitely seems like a refers-to-himself-in-third-person kinda guy, like most of the worst people

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the only good part of the admin is jared kushner sounding exactly like i thought he would (a huge nerd).

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

the only good part of the admin is jared kushner sounding exactly like i thought he would (a huge nerd).

My personal fave is that Trump inadvertently led to the confederate monuments in my neighborhood getting removed, but that's probably selfish of me

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
As someone who's hobby for the past week with the flu was laying in bed trying to get a nazi group banned on FB I can attest that it's literally impossible - calls to murder, genocide, goading people to suicide, targeted harrassment, posting full-on nsfw nudity and gore, it's all cool and embedded deep within FB like a tick. 90% of their content reporting features link back to "maybe you should leave the group if you're so offended lol" and the other 10% result in dead links.

Boy were they on me like flies on poo poo the second I posted a non-hateful meme with the word white trash in it though.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

He'd just take it as an excuse to move back to Trump Tower or Mar A Lago.

That kind of talk will only encourage them. Very few places hate Trump more than DC.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I know I know: but could you IMAGINE if they had to even THINK about shutting off Obama's water for non-payment? Holy poo poo.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jesus Christ this picture. Totally how a normal and not at all demented human drinks water.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
-A politico article that I misread the headline of was here-

EDIT: Completely misread the headline, thought it said that Schumer said that Trump was withdrawing Barr, it was just Schumer telling Trump that he should do it

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Deified Data posted:

As someone who's hobby for the past week with the flu was laying in bed trying to get a nazi group banned on FB I can attest that it's literally impossible - calls to murder, genocide, goading people to suicide, targeted harrassment, posting full-on nsfw nudity and gore, it's all cool and embedded deep within FB like a tick. 90% of their content reporting features link back to "maybe you should leave the group if you're so offended lol" and the other 10% result in dead links.

Boy were they on me like flies on poo poo the second I posted a non-hateful meme with the word white trash in it though.

Literally just posting "men are trash" will get you banned in no time.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Deified Data posted:

What’s the Facebook group?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

bartlebee posted:

What’s the Facebook group?

Yeah name and shame

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Crow Jane posted:

Oh god, he'd fill every toilet in there within a few days.

Matt Whitaker will have to build a bigger toilet.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

He'd fill that thing to capacity on a single Sunday morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Deified Data posted:

You want more fun, try reporting obvious pyramid scams when they come in ads.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Ague Proof posted:

He's gonna make the District of Columbia pay for it.

Maybe it's a toilet, maybe it's a latrine, the point it that it's fecal storage device.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

tecnocrat posted:

He's gonna make the District of Columbia pay for it.

Maybe it's a toilet, maybe it's a latrine, the point it that it's fecal storage device.

Perhaps some kind of beautiful steel trough?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jaxyon posted:

Oh absolutely. It's very clear when you read anything about him that isn't sourced from the WH that he is an idiot failson like Trump and his kids.

I do love how for the 5th time the DACA for Wall thing keeps getting floated even though Congressional Dems have said that is a non-starter, as it should be.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Make him poop in his gold plated solid gold coffin that he'll be buried in.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Ok what about you give us the wall and we’ll have hearings on whether or not we would have sat Merrick Garland.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jaxyon posted:

"Jared Kushner will solve the Middle East peace problem"

"Jared Kushner is totally a stud who satisfies his wife at all times!"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Payndz posted:

'Concrete and Steel' by ZZ Top.

How about "Waiting for the bus all day" as a comment on public services ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1083146669359882240

Which relates to this from Manafort's initial trial

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1025519164436500482