Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

The political dynamics of Trump declaring himself dictator for life: good election chances for Dems, bad for GOP

So when he dies of a heart attack not even a year into his dictatorship, will we get jr juche?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Shutdown wont last for 2 missed paychecks :toxx: put yall money where your mouth is cowards

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

If it goes for another year there won't be an America. How dumb is this gently caress?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Rudy Giuliani took the full force of 9/11 to his lap and still stood to salute the flag

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gonna be real great when chuds start murdering even more innocent people, as revenge for the demonrat lieberals continuing obunglers(SOROS((satan) white genocide campaign via government shutdown/non-shutdown/other things in general and trying 2 frame trumo for it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jel Shaker posted:

nah how will the rich people in red states manage? they need access to cities more than ever

Probably the same way rich people manage in the third world - walled compounds and armed guards

Because make no mistake there are large swathes of the country that are one missed USDA loan away from complete collapse

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Shutdown wont last for 2 missed paychecks :toxx: put yall money where your mouth is cowards

I only toxx for things that are funny or will create a lot of excellent content

lmao at the hubris on this lad, making predictions post-escalator

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Epic High Five posted:

the negative effects of the shutdown will increase exponentially day to day so that after whatever day is missed paycheck #2, each next day is gonna be 10x worse than the last, but it won't be bad at all for anybody who can stop it, so those people are all gonna just die

once everything comes back online and they find out that all the people who did payroll are homeless and have no cars to come into work and no paychecks continue it's gonna be REAL fun

This is why I've been buying bulk shipments of apocalypse food and silver nitrate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mayor Dave posted:

Just lmao if the shutdown lasts till March first we hit the debt ceiling and then even the essential services shut down, can't wait for the day when the chud military no longer get paid

omfg if the debt ceiling doesn’t get raised the world economy will literally crash

fkn owns

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

white sauce posted:

death to america

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

So you’re saying it will end before January 18?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rah! posted:

gonna be real great when chuds start murdering even more innocent people, as revenge for the demonrat lieberals continuing obunglers(SOROS((satan) white genocide campaign via government shutdown/non-shutdown/other things in general and trying 2 frame trumo for it

BRACKET_ERROR

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Rah! posted:

Can't wait

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Rah! posted:

obungle trumo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the shutdown will last until planes are permagrounded at which point some rich shits will start blowing up McConnell’s cell phone and get this farce over with

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

i toxx that shrnokles is gonna be a cuck somehow

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

My retired parents live in a HUD and church-subsidized retirement home, and their rent is going to go up several hundred dollars if the shutdown goes on too long. There are people here who live in rooms with oxygen tanks and I hope they'd be able to afford the increased rent.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, so under what scenario will the government get reopened? Seriously, I don't think Trump wants to reopen the government. The shutdown is pretty good political cover for his Mueller problems.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
coming up to a month since i said this and i'm still here

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:toxx:No more than the already agreed upon $1.6 billion will be allocated for the wall for fiscal year 2019

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DryGoods posted:

obungle trumo

obungle trumo

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

radical meme posted:

Lol, so under what scenario will the government get reopened? Seriously, I don't think Trump wants to reopen the government. The shutdown is pretty good political cover for his Mueller problems.

galenanorth posted:

My retired parents live in a HUD and church-subsidized retirement home, and their rent is going to go up several hundred dollars if the shutdown goes on too long. There are people here who live in rooms with oxygen tanks and I hope they'd be able to afford the increased rent.

Hillary 2020 posted:

If it goes for another year there won't be an America. How dumb is this gently caress?

DryGoods posted:

Rudy Giuliani took the full force of 9/11 to his lap and still stood to salute the flag

Rah! posted:

Mayor Dave posted:

Probably the same way rich people manage in the third world - walled compounds and armed guards

Because make no mistake there are large swathes of the country that are one missed USDA loan away from complete collapse

Epic High Five posted:

I only toxx for things that are funny or will create a lot of excellent content

lmao at the hubris on this lad, making predictions post-escalator

Thanks to Saudi A! posted:

This is why I've been buying bulk shipments of apocalypse food and silver nitrate

Chokes McGee posted:

omfg if the debt ceiling doesn’t get raised the world economy will literally crash

fkn owns

Baller Ina posted:

So you’re saying it will end before January 18?

Epic High Five posted:

BRACKET_ERROR

Chokes McGee posted:

the shutdown will last until planes are permagrounded at which point some rich shits will start blowing up McConnell’s cell phone and get this farce over with

trump!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

galenanorth posted:

how many of them voted trump

just asking for a friend

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Pomp posted:

so many people are going to starve

more than usual i mean

THERE WILL BE ADEQUATE FOOD RIOTS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

coming up to a month since i said this and i'm still here

ya nice tricky language cuz ya know it's gonna be a FENCE

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
i make no predictions or definitive statements post escalator except for one

white sauce posted:

death to america

EDit also TRUNP

forgot that one, so stupid

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Regular Nintendo posted:

coast guard basic training includes marksmanship/small arms, right?

You have to take a weapons firing course but you aren't required to pass it if you're going into a job that doesn't require you to use weapons.

quote:

The Coast Guard is unique in that you don't have to pass the weapons firing course in order to graduate from their basic training program. In order to finish Coast Guard basic, you just have to go through the course, not actually meet any particular qualification score.

If you fail to qualify during basic training and your Coast Guard job requires you to use weapons, you'll need to qualify before you can actually be assigned to those particular Coast Guard duties.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TTRRMRE

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

the shutdown is going to keep going until nancy pelosi leads a splinter faction of seal team six against the us treasury

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

fkn owns

lol if trump refuses to raise the debt ceiling without wall funding and no deal brexit happens in the same month then that's basically it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Chokes McGee posted:

fkn owns

:stoked:

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1081132260940763136?s=21

lol?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Chokes McGee posted:

how many of them voted trump

just asking for a friend

nearly all of them

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dirty Dick Marcinko is going to come out retirement to lead the rest of the seals to hunt down pelosi and her renegade band

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yes lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

BRACKET_ERROR

brakets are used 2 contol ur Mind one bracket opens the third eye (4th dimension) the second bracket attenuates the orbs (piss balls {baalls) further brackets is used as necesary 2 brainwash 4 Soros. think abt it U must break the brakets cycle 2 make them Odd (the beast can only see even numbers thats the 666th digit of pi (pie = PIZZA PIE)) it why "obama" was "presdient" in 2008, 2012

just ask shillary lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

are there still loansharks? people should use those.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wrap it up government workailures

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

theres no government in america

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

haljordan posted:

are there still loansharks? people should use those.

this is the perfect time to invest in bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

galenanorth posted:

But the economy

It’s, like, soooooo up