Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

folks regularly throw bananas at black soccer players worldwide (which is admittedly how I’m familiar with it); it’s definitely A Racist Thing.

E: oh god what an awful way to start a page uh has this been mentioned yet?

https://twitter.com/lanawwe/status/1083105938725314561?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's she on about

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
they're adopting a puppy or a kitten probably

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

hoping it’s a baby so she stops wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE women usually get the implant contraceptive thing. Never get pregnant.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rovert posted:

Maryse? Maria Kanellis?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope they have a little Rusev or little Lana :3:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is their last name canonically Day?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Maryse? Maria Kanellis?

there were more than these two iirc.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So it'll be a new day?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

the escape goat posted:

Maryse? Maria Kanellis?

Was talking more regular wrestlers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

When I saw it I thought it was just a banana, but white people like to ruin everything and make it racist. I don't think she was malicious but she's probably going to get a ton of tweets telling her that she is even if it was banter between friends with no racial context.

A classmate of mine from college had the chance to play 2nd division soccer in Italy, and said one of their black teammates had 2 things thrown more than anything at him in road games: Batteries, and bananas.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

rovert posted:

thanks for this useful and totally not creepy piece of info

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was wondering if I was the only one getting the skeevies from inside reporting about WWE wrestlers' birth control practices.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Fauxhawk Express posted:

thanks for this useful and totally not creepy piece of info

How is it creepy? Just reveals your own issues with women.

It was even featured on Total Divas.

STAC Goat posted:

I was wondering if I was the only one getting the skeevies from inside reporting about WWE wrestlers' birth control practices.

I am sorry you are this repressed.

Pre-wellness the women would use Human Growth Hormone.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Really creeped out at Trev telling us she's probably not pregnant. Just thinking about girls makes me wanna puke

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
thanks to very creepy rovert, i can now more realistically fantasize about Alexa Bliss by including the scenario of me dislodging her IUD with my penis during intercourse and impregnating her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I hope she isn’t pregnant. Vince would get his revenge and put them in another angle with Ziggler.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Open Marriage Night posted:

I hope she isn’t pregnant. Vince would get his revenge and put them in another angle with Ziggler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7bIGwJeho

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Also lol @ thinking Total Divas isn't a work.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

I am a Christian and I don't watch Total Divas

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1083162192365735936

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

joe vs morishima confirmed for double or nothing

Baron Corbin posted:

thanks to very creepy rovert, i can now more realistically fantasize about Alexa Bliss by including the scenario of me dislodging her IUD with my penis during intercourse and impregnating her

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That tweet lead me to this rather heartbreaking story

Goddamn, I always wondered why Morishima wasn't a bigger star post-ROH but I didn't realize just how far he'd fallen :smith:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

impeccable jorts on morishima

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, I always wondered why Morishima wasn't a bigger star post-ROH but I didn't realize just how far he'd fallen :smith:

There was really genuine optimism/wishful thinking about his comeback last year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

That's super heartbreaking because he was such a big part of ROH's glory years and could have coasted easily off that for a while with sporadic appearances in the US like Japan's version of Samoa Joe :smith:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does he have a support system in terms of brothers or sisters that could help him out? I wonder about the other wrestlers that start training young and what things could be done to help them not end up like this.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

That article is a bummer. He's only 40 though. Hopefully he can turn himself around.

"Morishima never married as he said that due to his size, he didn't think any woman would want him" reminded me of this picture and how awkward he looked with his hands down firmly at his side.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Its creepy because your response to a joke was to tell us what type of contraceptive wwe wrestlers prefer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man mics used to be so much better when they blew out because it makes the crowd sound 10,000x way hyped than most things these days

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Its creepy because your response to a joke was to tell us what type of contraceptive wwe wrestlers prefer.

I'm mainly confused as to why anyone would think they'd use a different method of birth control. Things like condoms and pills can be forgotten, left behind, etc so an implant makes the most sense.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TTBF posted:

I'm mainly confused as to why anyone would think they'd use a different method of birth control. Things like condoms and pills can be forgotten, left behind, etc so an implant makes the most sense.

There's lots of reasons why women choose different methods of birth control. That's why there are so many forms of birth control rather than just the one.

Also this is weird.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Morishima :smith:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

I remember his set of matches with Bryan, and that Erick Stevens one, he was a loving wrecking ball. I was so eager to see the next one in the series. It's a shame now. Hope he picks himself up.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

TTBF posted:

It's more like something we'd never considered. Ever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

That isn't creepy. Just displays your hang-ups. WWE Women are likely headlining Wrestlemania.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

His aborted comeback was one of the biggest disappointments of last year. He'd booked himself against Takashi Sugiura, who was one of, if not, the best wrestler in 2018, and was talking about doing AJPW which opened a lot of amazing potential matches. Then he had his weird appearance at the Marufuji show, then an injury postponed it until this year, and then his arrest. I just hope he can get himself into a better position mentally.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol @ people dogpiling rovert for having the gall to drop info relevant to the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't care what anybody's hang-ups or otherwise are, move on from the birth control discussion or get a week's probation.