Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Asexuals should be relentlessly made fun of.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Biplane posted:

Asexuals should be relentlessly made fun of.

Don’t be a dick.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jurgan posted:

Don’t be a dick.

Something something asexuals dont have dicks LOL

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Biplane posted:

Something something asexuals dont have dicks LOL

:chloe:

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s like me as a white-skinned jew claiming to be a PoC. Are my experiences as a minority valid and worth being heard and addressed? Hell yeah! Are they a PoC experience? Hell no!

How did Jews, as a people, get so many of the good stereotypes? We've got tons of bad ones, sure, but why is no other race ever accused of secretly ruling the world? Lizardman doesn't count as an actual race, btw. I want to see some dumb conspiracy about how Maori infiltrators are behind every bank.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Domus posted:

How did Jews, as a people, get so many of the good stereotypes? We've got tons of bad ones, sure, but why is no other race ever accused of secretly ruling the world? Lizardman doesn't count as an actual race, btw. I want to see some dumb conspiracy about how Maori infiltrators are behind every bank.

According to my latest copy of the Protocols we’re supposed to say I think it’s because jews were the only ones who could legally practice moneylending in medieval Catholic Europe.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the preferred nomenclature is "Ice Warrior" btw

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GreenMetalSun posted:

Today, in Real Things That Definitely Happened:

Wait, gay people can't bring their kids to pride events?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Araenna posted:

You risk having your kid drawn and quartered during the traditional cishet slaughter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

the preferred nomenclature is "Ice Warrior" btw

Never heard anyone refer to Jewish people as Ice Warriors, but okay. Might be a regional thing.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
There needs to be something like the skeleton plugin that changes "international bankers" to "ice warriors."

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Araenna posted:

Only if they are proud of them, and this couple is clearly ashamed of their inclusionist child.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can we keep in mind that the issue here isn't how people identify, the issue is people fantasising about being discriminated against, thrown out of their home, rejected by parents etc, to the point that they make up stories about it happening to them on the internet to feel special. That's so hosed up it beggars belief.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
The only part I believe is that a soprano would make this up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GreenMetalSun posted:

The only part I believe is that a soprano would make this up.

Seventy Five Jurors

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Danaru posted:

Seventy Five Jurors

They'll call in a bunch of people, many will be dismissed right off the bat (for instance, if they have opera rehearsals) then the ones that aren't will be assigned different cases and the lawyers involved will ask questions and dismiss certain members. 75 wouldn't be an unusual amount for the initial step before they're assigned to a case.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Are defendants normally present at jury selection? That seems like a weird waste of their time.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

Are defendants normally present at jury selection? That seems like a weird waste of their time.

In Canada, yeah they are. I can't speak to how it works in America or other countries though.

Oddly enough, 'but I have opera rehersal!' isn't grounds for dismissal (here in Canada), but 'my opera singing is my family's primary source of income' would be.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

hyperhazard posted:

I was tapped for jury duty in 2017 and made it to Jury Selection for the one case on the docket that didn't go to a plea deal and yeah, the defendant was present with his lawyer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/martin-shkreli-trial-jurors-wu-tang-clan

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

I was tapped for jury duty in 2017 and made it to Jury Selection for the one case on the docket that didn't go to a plea deal and yeah, the defendant was present with his lawyer.

You don’t HAVE to be present but it’s a real dumb idea to not be.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Aerox posted:

You don’t HAVE to be present but it’s a real dumb idea to not be.

I HAD to be present, because let's get society to function, yo. I spent the whole day playing Pokemon Platinum trying to catch Mespirit.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nth Doctor posted:

I HAD to be present, because let's get society to function, yo. I spent the whole day playing Pokemon Platinum trying to catch Mespirit.

Speculating here but I think they mean the defendant, not themselves or any other random juror.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the defendant is there w/ their counsel so they can ask the judge dismiss jurors that they think would unable to unbiasedly sit on the juror bench

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Speculating here but I think they mean the defendant, not themselves or any other random juror.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean you.

If you're a defendant (or a plaintiff in a civil case for that matter) showing a jury you don't even give enough of a poo poo about your trial to show up to jury selection while they all have to sit there for days is not a winning move.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Fake story but my wife was also awkward asking me to get her adult diapers right after we had our child and I had to remind her that I don't give a poo poo about that kind of thing

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Fake story but my wife was also awkward asking me to get her adult diapers right after we had our child and I had to remind her that I don't give a poo poo about that kind of thing

Yeah I like the sentiment of the story and I feel the same way. Love these stories with inspiring monologues that nobody in real life would do though. It's like reading a script for an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Well one of you three was clearly going to give shits at that time.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I don't like that fake dad didn't correct her on 'squeamish.'

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1083030582291058689

Danaru posted:

Seventy Five Jurors

hyperhazard posted:

I had US federal jury duty in December. There were about 90 of us and we each answered the questionnaire in turn in front of the judge, plaintiff, defendants, and all of their legal counsel. The judge asked people to go into detail a lot of times, and he asked a fairly well known radio host from the area for his signature line. I can kind of believe a judge asking someone to sing a line or two, but it still probably didn't happen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The most stdh part is Ted Cruz himself saying “pretty cool”

I also question whether he’d have a jew as a good friend

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He meets his Jewish friends in a hipster coffee shop where they listen to other people whisper about how sexy his beard makes him look.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He thinks he has a Jewish friend. Most likely he has an acquaintance who grits his teeth while Cruz tries to convert him.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah I like the sentiment of the story and I feel the same way. Love these stories with inspiring monologues that nobody in real life would do though. It's like reading a script for an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable buying pads is that there seem to be hundreds of varieties and I worry I’ll get the wrong kind. I’ve learned to send photos before buying for my wife.

Aerox posted:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean you.

If you're a defendant (or a plaintiff in a civil case for that matter) showing a jury you don't even give enough of a poo poo about your trial to show up to jury selection while they all have to sit there for days is not a winning move.

It depends on what phase of selection you’re in. The first stage (in my experience) is simply determining “can you be on a jury at all,” and if you’re approved then they assign you to a pool for a specific case. At that point, the defendant and the attorneys will be there to make sure you’re okay to be on that specific case.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083099784012091396

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jurgan posted:

He thinks he has a Jewish friend. Most likely he has an acquaintance who grits his teeth while Cruz tries to convert him.

If Cruz's roommate is anything to go on, most people probably grit their teeth in discomfort when meeting him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chuck Schumer confirmed it happened pretty much exactly like that.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This did technically happen, but I guess you mean not in the way he described it?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"works"

Also we should probably not post every tweet Trump lies in or Lowtax's spine will crumple under the load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Splicer posted:

"works"

Also we should probably not post every tweet Trump lies in or Lowtax's spine will crumple under the load.
40,200 posts isn't all that many.